Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » A Trade Post Q
Bottom
Topic Subject:A Trade Post Q
cyspur
Skirmisher
posted 04-29-07 05:11 AM EDT (US)         
Gmorning folks
Hope you are all well.
Got a Q please, does building a trade post early on(stagecoach)help speed up shipments other than providing xp? Thx

I respect Ender & Voltiguer, not because i am a fellow otto player, nor cause i am planning to become a 2k1+, but because they know how the games' engine works

LOL@ Ender's response concerning Abus resis increased to 30%: "would be like applying a bandaid to a gashing wound."
AuthorReplies:
LordKivlov
Royal Guard
posted 04-29-07 05:16 AM EDT (US)     1 / 13       
Mornin, the TP doesn't affect how much XP it takes to get a shipment, it will only provide XP every time the travois/coach/train passes by.

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
cyspur
Skirmisher
posted 04-29-07 05:29 AM EDT (US)     2 / 13       
thx for the reply LordKivlov, I meant speed up shipments from the HC. When i browse my pointer over that green line indicating time remaining for next shipment from HC it says "need 244 xp for next shipment" for example. Does the TP help speed up HC shipments since it provides xp?

I respect Ender & Voltiguer, not because i am a fellow otto player, nor cause i am planning to become a 2k1+, but because they know how the games' engine works

LOL@ Ender's response concerning Abus resis increased to 30%: "would be like applying a bandaid to a gashing wound."
micky_tee
Skirmisher
(id: micky_t)
posted 04-29-07 05:32 AM EDT (US)     3 / 13       
yes.

armyballer - Another 3v3, this time my team is winning, (about an hour into it). One of the other team players admits defeat and resigns, then out of no where I get OOS message. I'm pissed, I again log onto agecommunity and see I have been given a LOSE. How did this happen?

AceOfKings - ender_ward hacked into your game and made it go OOS

Unban JamesLock
cyspur
Skirmisher
posted 04-29-07 05:35 AM EDT (US)     4 / 13       
fanx

mista_mista
Skirmisher
posted 04-29-07 10:45 AM EDT (US)     5 / 13       
It only speeds up HC shipments when the travois goes by the trading post.

ESO2: mista_mista
"Baby, you like shopping? Well, I like sieging town centers and raiding villagers..." -DONofCHRON
"Then theres the aztecs. With their 35 guys on the pit they can spit out vills faster than george bush can spit out troops into Iraq." -Cookiecrisp13
DONofCHRON
Skirmisher
posted 04-29-07 11:53 AM EDT (US)     6 / 13       
if you have your advanced options on, which I highly recommend you do, you can see that before your trade route is uprgaded and even when it is upgraded, you can select it to either produce a resource or xp. the xp selection is denoted by a crown with a number in it, obviously the number correlates to how much xp is generated. Think of it like, every time the travois comes by, he leaves you a little gift of xp.

So for example, if youre doing to ottoman power play, aside from the standard 1 house discovery, 1 TP is the first bulding in the BO. Why? because the faster you generate xp, the faster you get more shipments. the faster you get more shipments the more likely you are to age up quickly, have a larger armer or a more substantial eco.

KingSteve3721
Skirmisher
posted 04-29-07 05:30 PM EDT (US)     7 / 13       
It only speeds up HC shipments when the travois goes by the trading post.

Well, ES transfers the bulk gain into xp per second, which is the same for all res generated there.

It's something like 2.3xp a second.

[FeaR]{KingSteve3721}
“I love my name of honor, more than I fear death.”- Julius Caesar
"The Pope! How many divisions has he got?"- Joseph Stalin
"The hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."- Napoleon Bonaparte
"Dogs, would you live forever?"- Frederick the Great (addressing retreating Prussians at the Battle of Kolin)
Ben Smith
Skirmisher
posted 04-29-07 07:39 PM EDT (US)     8 / 13       
Sure! As a Russian player I often keep a 300 Wood card in my Age 1 stock so I can construct a trade post and get more shipments later on, and in the immediate time, to get more food shipments, military units, etc.
DonOFCassador
Banned
posted 04-29-07 08:25 PM EDT (US)     9 / 13       
When I play Ottoman*wich is very little*
I build a TP allmost right away to make sure I get enough xp to last part of the game.
DONofCHRON
Skirmisher
posted 04-30-07 11:00 AM EDT (US)     10 / 13       
crates of 300 are nearly pointless. It almost never makes logical sense to send them over any other card. In colonial as ottoman you really have 2 main choices, 3 vills or ATP (sure schooners and capitalism can come into effect but are less likely). USE YOUR EXPLORER, hes a good man, trust me. I scout around usually to find the trade route, and then depending on my opponent, if I feel I can claim 2 early TP sites with a 3rd on the way after a bit of map control Ill send ATP, wait till ATP arrives and do then standard 1 house 2 ATP otto colonial. Otherwise, I go house, TP , age up.

Well, ES transfers the bulk gain into xp per second, which is the same for all res generated there.

It's something like 2.3xp a second.

You sure about that? Because that would not be the same for all TP generated resources. If I silk road, stage coach and select coin as to be produced, arbitrarily lets say you are producing shipments of 100. That 100 coin is not allocated into equal amounts and then distributed over time. You get one lump some of coin the second the travois, coach or train passes the TP site.

[This message has been edited by DONofCHRON (edited 04-30-2007 @ 11:07 AM).]

WillAtwell
Skirmisher
posted 04-30-07 11:40 AM EDT (US)     11 / 13       
The gain from the TP is all at once each time it passes by.

I was on a very large map the other night and was generating 674 xp per tp. I built one very early and was getting a shipment every time the travollis passed by the tp. Then I built another and set it to generate wood for a bit and was getting 674 wood each time. In all cases [xp and resources] the amount is added all at once.

The firepit increases the trickle rate of xp but not the tp.

cyspur
Skirmisher
posted 05-02-07 11:39 AM EDT (US)     12 / 13       
thx fellas, Don dude

KingSteve3721
Skirmisher
posted 05-06-07 11:43 PM EDT (US)     13 / 13       
You sure about that? Because that would not be the same for all TP generated resources. If I silk road, stage coach and select coin as to be produced, arbitrarily lets say you are producing shipments of 100. That 100 coin is not allocated into equal amounts and then distributed over time. You get one lump some of coin the second the travois, coach or train passes the TP site.

I was on a very large map the other night and was generating 674 xp per tp. I built one very early and was getting a shipment every time the travollis passed by the tp. Then I built another and set it to generate wood for a bit and was getting 674 wood each time. In all cases [xp and resources] the amount is added all at once.

Yeah. I know.

But, when talking about the subject of tps and upgrades, you have to talk in this way. Of course you do get the bulk gain, but you cant just say "674 xp every travois pass". No, you have to use an equation, x/y=xp/res a second (x=amount of xp/res in bulk, y=time it takes (seconds) for the cart to pass the tp).

So if the tp is generating hypothetically, 400 xp in bulk, and it takes about 30 seconds to pass the tp, you are, essentially, getting about 13.3 xp a second.

But let's say you get the stagecoach. Lets say (i dont know for sure) it lessens the travel time by 20%. You'll get about 16.6 xp a second now (400/24 [30*.2=6, 30-6=24]).
A little better than "400 xp every stagecoach pass"

Thanks for learning basic match...lol im so bored..

[FeaR]{KingSteve3721}
“I love my name of honor, more than I fear death.”- Julius Caesar
"The Pope! How many divisions has he got?"- Joseph Stalin
"The hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."- Napoleon Bonaparte
"Dogs, would you live forever?"- Frederick the Great (addressing retreating Prussians at the Battle of Kolin)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames