You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » I'm back...and lots has changed. Any chance of some help?
Bottom
Topic Subject:I'm back...and lots has changed. Any chance of some help?
PaRaSiTe X92
Skirmisher
posted 05-06-07 02:50 PM EDT (US)         
Hi,

You may remember me, although probably not. I joined in the early days of AoE3, and was here until about Patch 1.06 (I think, it was before WarChiefs by a month or so). Basically, I stopped cos I was bored and couldn't play online.

Well, I'm bored again and am thinking of starting AoE again. But I've forgotten most of it. And I would assume a lot has changed now it is 1.11.

Are there any must-read threads? And what is the AI like again? Are French still OP and Dutch UP? And what are the best/most fun tactics of the moment?

Also, what about mods? When I left, there was basically NO mods.

Cheers,

James

AuthorReplies:
HazardousPickle
Skirmisher
posted 05-06-07 03:44 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
Dutch are slightly OP

And pikerush is a very used strat

[This message has been edited by HazardousPickle (edited 05-06-2007 @ 03:47 PM).]

KingSteve3721
Skirmisher
posted 05-06-07 06:02 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
Dutch is op, france is semi-op.

Pike rush isnt as used as it was in 1.06 (the cover mode bug was fixed)

Uhh, if you get twc, Iroquois are op, aztec are slightly up (despite having the best unit in the game, eagle runner knights), and sioux is balanced.

Other than that, spain, dutch, and france are top-tier civs.

[FeaR]{KingSteve3721}
“I love my name of honor, more than I fear death.”- Julius Caesar
"The Pope! How many divisions has he got?"- Joseph Stalin
"The hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."- Napoleon Bonaparte
"Dogs, would you live forever?"- Frederick the Great (addressing retreating Prussians at the Battle of Kolin)
scriv1984
Skirmisher
posted 05-06-07 07:04 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
france is semi-op.

wtf is that supposed to mean? French are half OP?
In that theyre OP other than the fact that they have some weaknesses?

In reply to your post parasite, there are a number of great mods, moshelevi has made a few good ones and theres an interesting napoleanic mod, and a renaissance mod along with others. Best to check the applicable forums for scenario and mod design tho. Theres a lot of good scenarios around now too.

Fun tactics:
For natives, there is a scout rush, which involves using a card which allows you to build scouts which are very fast and powerful.
There is the ZAP rush for aztecs which is a rush utilising the aztec ability to gain access to fortress age units in the colonial.

Basically, most civs are competitive, but iroq are REALLY lame at the moment so please don't play with them. Its got to the point that i wont play against iroq in game browser.

ESO2 - Crashtest

"I don't have 3 hours to break through your 50 layers of walls to kill you.
Real men play without walls." LordKivlov
brandnizzle
Skirmisher
posted 05-06-07 07:33 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
In response to actual gameplay changes, there are a lot.

The main one is that FF is beatable, you have to actually make a barracks ( usually ) to survive a rush as any civ, against any, with a few exceptions.

The 2nd big change is the Silk Road rush. All ottomans now will take the trade route, and research stage coach combiend witha shipment that makes their stagecoaches gatehr 30 percent more resources (it effects crates too). It was kind of a bug, but ES says its fine.

Abus guns got changed A LOT they now have 1.5 bonus against HI, and only 20% ranged resistance.

Thats about all of the major ones i think.

KingSteve3721
Skirmisher
posted 05-06-07 11:10 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
wtf is that supposed to mean? French are half OP?
In that theyre OP other than the fact that they have some weaknesses?

It means that they are second-tier....usually people include 5 "tiers" (i know i do) in their civ rankings, top tier, second tier, middle tier, lower tier, bottom tier.

Would you consider france to be balanced? Most people dont. Would you consider france to be OP? Most people dont.

That must mean that they're inbetween...

[FeaR]{KingSteve3721}
“I love my name of honor, more than I fear death.”- Julius Caesar
"The Pope! How many divisions has he got?"- Joseph Stalin
"The hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."- Napoleon Bonaparte
"Dogs, would you live forever?"- Frederick the Great (addressing retreating Prussians at the Battle of Kolin)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames