You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.15 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » What should I do when I think I am going to be banned? (oos, not my fault)
Bottom
Topic Subject:What should I do when I think I am going to be banned? (oos, not my fault)
windrider
Skirmisher
(id: frankle)
posted 07-13-07 08:09 PM EDT (US)         
I was playing a 2v2, and right as my tc went down, the game went out of sync. I didn't do anything to cause it, and I have had one game ever go out of sync in my aoe3 career, so I believe my partner to be cheating or it to be a case of bad luck. The way ES has handled the jameslock case, I think I am done for. Is there anything I can do to salvage my account before it hits the scrap heap?

"There is one quite often recalled, attributed to several sources, which was given following Jackson's extraordinary performance on September 13, 1847. it is a comment that could have applied to so many, an extraordinary generation of American soldiers: 'He will be heard from again.'" - Jeff Shaara
AuthorReplies:
Cheesewiz
HG Alumnus
posted 07-13-07 08:42 PM EDT (US)     1 / 15       
Just because your game went Out of Sync doesn't mean anyone is cheating. In fact, if it goes out of sync then it means it wasn't a drop-tick, the most common form of cheating.

So...don't worry about it. You aren't going to get banned unless you did something else that you aren't telling us.

Besides, if it were your partner, you wouldn't get blamed anyway.

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 07-13-07 08:56 PM EDT (US)     2 / 15       
If one player OoS then it happens to everyone, more then likely you didn't cause it and you have nothing to worry about. You can't be banned for one accidental OoS, I've been in at least 5-10 games where it's OoS'd and no ones been banned (including myself). Only when you do it on purpose and repetitively will you be penalized.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
windrider
Skirmisher
posted 07-13-07 09:01 PM EDT (US)     3 / 15       
thanks. even if my partner did do it, it happened when my TC was going down. I guess part of my fear is paranoia over the jameslock incident happening to me.

"There is one quite often recalled, attributed to several sources, which was given following Jackson's extraordinary performance on September 13, 1847. it is a comment that could have applied to so many, an extraordinary generation of American soldiers: 'He will be heard from again.'" - Jeff Shaara
Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 07-13-07 10:52 PM EDT (US)     4 / 15       
The best you can do is to talk to your opponents about it, saying it wasn't your fault... unless, of course, it seems obvious that you have been cheated, then things could get quite weird

In any case, offering a rematch should do it.

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.

[This message has been edited by Cherub Walker (edited 07-13-2007 @ 10:53 PM).]

James Lock
Skirmisher
posted 07-14-07 01:08 PM EDT (US)     5 / 15       
Brtnborder, that's not true. You will be banned if it happens more than once because of you. If you are the cause you will be banned, regardless of whether you had any control over it or not.

And just to put things into perspective, I wasn't making games go out of sync often, in regards to how many games I played and how often my games went out of sync. They went OOS a lot less often that Ender_Ward's games did, so I don't know why I was banned. Alas I tried to find out and Abuse never replied, Solus gave me an immature message of "You give Pink Floyd a bad name". Very unprofessional, but not much I can do about it...

Thanks to all those that signed the petition to get me unbanned here.
And special thanks to smashnbash for making it.

[This message has been edited by James Lock (edited 07-14-2007 @ 01:11 PM).]

windrider
Skirmisher
posted 07-14-07 06:00 PM EDT (US)     6 / 15       
If I had been winning at the time,I would have been fine with it, but they had just brought down my tc (about the 10 minute mark), and were about to slaughter my villis when it happened. If I were to make it go oos (which I wouldn't; I don't care if I lose), that would have been the ideal time to do it. It is the timing that scares me the most.

LordKivlov
Royal Guard
posted 07-14-07 07:45 PM EDT (US)     7 / 15       
I've had about 3 games go OOS on me when I was on the verge of having my last few units killed and haven't been banned so you don't have to worry.

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
SahintheFalcon
Skirmisher
posted 07-14-07 08:06 PM EDT (US)     8 / 15       
me too, don't worry about it. After all, the game wasn't recorded.

ESO Nickname: Eisenhower
Favorite Age 3 character: Sahin the Falcon
Unban James Lock!
NATron
Skirmisher
posted 07-15-07 11:01 PM EDT (US)     9 / 15       
I used to get lots of OOS games, but I hardly ever get them now.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I heard distant forests all the time - CunniJA
I found my Jabra!
IRP_m0f0
Skirmisher
posted 07-16-07 00:14 AM EDT (US)     10 / 15       
the other day i lost a game (i resigned) and i lost pr and it didnt show up on age community or elorating.com i didnt get oos error...kind of wierd but the game was over an hour long and it was recorded vgg in fact

[This message has been edited by IRP_m0f0 (edited 07-16-2007 @ 00:15 AM).]

Cheesewiz
HG Alumnus
posted 07-16-07 00:32 AM EDT (US)     11 / 15       
Brtnborder, that's not true. You will be banned if it happens more than once because of you. If you are the cause you will be banned, regardless of whether you had any control over it or not.
They went OOS a lot less often that Ender_Ward's games did, so I don't know why I was banned.
You realize you just totally contradicted yourself? Clearly, OOS games are not the cause. I used to have games go out of sync all the time in AoM, and nothing happened.

The Fact Is, ES is not a monster out to ban everyone they think are messing up a single game. They are out to improve the online experience by banning drop tickers and cheats. Now, they might make mistakes, but just because you were banned because of an "OOS", which I find hard to believe(maybe you accidently dropped ticked :s ), doesn't mean everyone else would be.

Please, show me the ES policy to ban people for out of sync games. All that means is that the games lost allignment, not that someone was cheating. Why would they ban someone for a linkage error?

Windrider, you aren't going to be banned. Period.

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing

[This message has been edited by Cheesewiz (edited 07-16-2007 @ 00:34 AM).]

LordBob13
Skirmisher
posted 07-16-07 05:41 PM EDT (US)     12 / 15       
lol once I got an OOS and I didnt know that you were supposed to restart the game so I OOSed everyone for the next 5 games untilsomeone finally told me to restart the game

From a poster at Agecommunity (Talking about the 4 cow age up option):

"Only a noob like you doesn't realize how valueble it can be. That's 2000 food waiting to be gathered"
LOL
James Lock
Skirmisher
posted 07-17-07 12:07 PM EDT (US)     13 / 15       
How did I contradict myself?

I would answer your question but I think I'll wait a few weeks and see if anything changes.

Cheesewiz
HG Alumnus
posted 07-17-07 03:14 PM EDT (US)     14 / 15       
Your games went out of sync less often than other people's, yet you were the one that was banned. So its logical to assume that the OoS wasn't the cause of your banning.

James Lock
Skirmisher
posted 07-18-07 09:04 AM EDT (US)     15 / 15       
When you get banned they tell you the reason you were banned.

In the email it said OOS / Freeze Hack / Drop Trick.

In a thread on AS Solus said it was for OOSing and Freeze hacking. I didn't freeze hack though.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames