You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.15 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » How did this happen? 2 cases.
Bottom
Topic Subject:How did this happen? 2 cases.
armyballer
Skirmisher
posted 07-16-07 06:39 AM EDT (US)         
Case #1

Ok, I'm in a 3v3, my team is not winning but we are far from being runover. One of the other players drops with no warning. I'm excited, I'm like giving my dog high-fives. Then about 30 seconds later I get the drop screen and EVERYONE is on it, my 2 team-mates and the other teams 2 remaining players. So I wait till the timer gets to about 10 seconds and I drop them all. The "you are victorious" message pops up and one again I'm giving my dog high-fives. I then later log onto agecommunity to see I have been given a LOSE. How did this happen?

Case #2

Another 3v3, this time my team is winning, (about an hour into it). One of the other team players admits defeat and resigns, then out of no where I get OOS message. I'm pissed, I again log onto agecommunity and see I have been given a LOSE. How did this happen?
AuthorReplies:
Major Helper
AoKH Survivor, Mr. White Teeth
posted 07-16-07 06:50 AM EDT (US)     1 / 15       
case 1

you probaly lost connection

case 2

hard to say, cant help you hear, sorry

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
Beatnik Joe
Skirmisher
posted 07-16-07 07:34 AM EDT (US)     2 / 15       
Unfortunately, it sounds like you're experiencing some connection problems in case #1. Case #2, it could just be a random unlucky incident, or there is the possibility that someone in the game deliberately induced the the out-of-sync. Hopefully you won't experience more out of sync problems, but watch for it if you do -- could be a sign of serious network trouble.
I'm excited, I'm like giving my dog high-fives.
I think you have inspired me to teach my dogs to high five. Surely a post-victory doggy high-five must be one of life's greatest joys.

Strategies:
- BWKiC - A British Fast Fortress strategy
- The Aztec Scout Slam- An Envoy Rush, Native-Style
Pale Horse
Skirmisher
posted 07-16-07 11:23 AM EDT (US)     3 / 15       
I play on dialup, good dialup usually, but I used to get a couple of these a month, back in vanilla. You are playing TWC?

NOOB'XPERT wannabe
ChirsColumbus
Skirmisher
posted 07-16-07 01:55 PM EDT (US)     4 / 15       
dialup??? whats that?? isnt that what they used in the 90's???
NATron
Skirmisher
posted 07-16-07 01:59 PM EDT (US)     5 / 15       
Dialup is where you use the internet via telephone line. You can't use the telephone while on dialup, and it laggs 5 to 10 times worse than DSL

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I heard distant forests all the time - CunniJA
I found my Jabra!
Pale Horse
Skirmisher
posted 07-16-07 02:03 PM EDT (US)     6 / 15       
Myth: The federal government pushed the telcos to make DSL available to all, since its the leading indicator of economic development. The cable companies followed suit.

Reality: Once the population density drops below 100 persons per square mile, you are SOL (not to be confused with AOL) for good internet connectivity.

Future Reality: EVDO?

NOOB'XPERT wannabe
AceOfKings
Skirmisher
posted 07-16-07 02:49 PM EDT (US)     7 / 15       
case 1

you lost connection and dropped

case 2

ender_ward hacked into your game and made it go OOS

ESO= AceOfKings
Current: AOE3 TAD
Lc_noob
Skirmisher
posted 07-16-07 03:28 PM EDT (US)     8 / 15       
Don'T laugh about dial=up connection, I used to play Age of kings on dial-up....

Second, I still have problems to believe Ender, a well known player on this forum really cheated, but anyway, he is a goner now.
armyballer
Skirmisher
posted 07-17-07 06:24 AM EDT (US)     9 / 15       
Complete crap, happened again, 3v3, were winning, one guys resigns cause I'm owning him and then 30 seconds later OOS. My pest list is almost 60 deep now. ESO has got to figure out how in the hell these people are doing this. Don;t tell me my connection sux, or it was a fluke, it happens all to often and usualy when I'm playing 2LT or better with 70% or more win %. It just so happens this time I was playing against a guy called ****** 2LT with win% of 70%.

Name edited out by Qazitory

[This message has been edited by Qazitory (edited 07-17-2007 @ 08:24 AM).]

micky_tee
Skirmisher
(id: micky_t)
posted 07-17-07 08:14 AM EDT (US)     10 / 15       
case 2

ender_ward hacked into your game and made it go OOS

HAHAHAHAHAH sigged!

armyballer - Another 3v3, this time my team is winning, (about an hour into it). One of the other team players admits defeat and resigns, then out of no where I get OOS message. I'm pissed, I again log onto agecommunity and see I have been given a LOSE. How did this happen?

AceOfKings - ender_ward hacked into your game and made it go OOS

Unban JamesLock
Qazitory
HG Alumnus
posted 07-17-07 08:27 AM EDT (US)     11 / 15       
armyballer, I edited out the nickname in your post. Finger pointing never helps in these cases so please refrain from that.

•Qazitory•
•AoE3 rating: Qazitory
My AoE3:TWC mods: QazUI - Treasure - Main Menu - Low Lag HC - Deck selection•
•Guide my keystrokes, keep my programs alive, protect me from viruses, back up my drive.•
gunner1
Scenario Expert
posted 07-17-07 11:11 AM EDT (US)     12 / 15       
Qaz is it your me or is your name more a lighter shade of red and less maroon?

Scenarios I have made
Single Player-: CAMPAIGN - Christmas - Forest River RPG - Total Freedom
MultiPlayer-: Castle Blood Automatic - Mafia Hitman - Warrior Defence
ESO = sandstorm....................................................................................."I won the bet on 1.04!"
Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 07-17-07 12:54 PM EDT (US)     13 / 15       
My pest list is almost 60 deep now.
it happens all to often
!
Don;t tell me my connection sux
Well, that's exactly the reason why the problem must be you. Either that or you're just very, very unlucky... Maybe you should take a look at this topic; even though it's not really about OOS, there might be something there which will solve your problem.

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
James Lock
Skirmisher
posted 07-17-07 01:58 PM EDT (US)     14 / 15       
Case 2 happens frequently on watermaps when someone is lagging after someone resigns.

Thanks to all those that signed the petition to get me unbanned here.
And special thanks to smashnbash for making it.
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 07-17-07 02:26 PM EDT (US)     15 / 15       
My Pest list is bigger than that. It contains all Cheatbuster's cheaters.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames