You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » I won but it says I lost :(
Bottom
Topic Subject:I won but it says I lost :(
OBESECOW
Skirmisher
posted 07-17-07 05:48 PM EDT (US)         
So I just played a 2v2 game on TWC. I was Aztec and decided to rush one of the enemies. So I'm kicking his butt when it says his ally isn't responding. The non responding screen keeps popping up and going away very rapidly. We are finnally all able to click drop and then the enemy I was killing resigned. Sweet, victory is mine! I check my stats and it says I lost the game. Whats up with that? Did he drop hack or whatever its called? The game wasn't recorded but here's the game on age community:

Link removed by Qazitory.

Is it worth contacting ES about this guy?

Swedish

[This message has been edited by Qazitory (edited 07-18-2007 @ 01:13 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
CunniJA
Skirmisher
posted 07-18-07 12:52 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
Yeah, you were droptricked. And, no, it is not worth contacting ESO. Screenshot or no screenshot, they don't do jack shit to the guilty... only to the innocent like James Lock.
Qazitory
HG Alumnus
posted 07-18-07 01:13 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
Finger pointing never really helps. On the contrary, actually. Mailing age3.abuse@ensemblestudios.com is what you should do. Thus I edited your post to remove the game link.

Here's what it says on AgeCommunity FAQ:
Q: I won a game but received a loss, what is wrong?
We are investigating a possible issue with ESO whereby if a player disconnects from a game, either intentionally or not, it can cause the ESO stats to be incorrectly reported. We are working diligently to resolve this.

In the meantime, if you feel you were cheated, email us at age3.abuse@ensemblestudios.com to report it. Don't make cheating accusations on our forums. We are constantly investigating cases and banning players who are found to be cheating.

•Qazitory•
•AoE3 rating: Qazitory
My AoE3:TWC mods: QazUI - Treasure - Main Menu - Low Lag HC - Deck selection•
•Guide my keystrokes, keep my programs alive, protect me from viruses, back up my drive.•
Lord_Jason
Skirmisher
posted 07-18-07 04:43 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
this club seems to be getting bigger. i shudder to think that there are so many cheaters out there. im hoping that the problem is, like was said in the other post, i problem.

"You only use Greandiers if someone has hacked your enemy so he cant make military units" - Eicho!!!!

You cant carry an air guitar and a gun at the same time....where there is air guitar there is peace!!

"Christians dont believe in gravity." Peter Griffin
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 07-18-07 07:26 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
Yep, the last 10 games have almost ALL involved either a lamer, freeze hacker or a drop tricker. Pathetic really.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
MNBob
Skirmisher
posted 07-18-07 07:39 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
I would like to stress the "either intentionally or not" part.

This is why it is very hard to definitely catch cheating. I have had occasions where I won games in this manner. On my screen it showed all other players as unresponsive. They were all dropped and I was declared the winner. I returned to ESO and my team was credited for a win when what actually happened was that *I* was the player who dropped from the game. But because I didn't lose connection to ESO I was able to report a win. I was not attempting to cheat but this shows that it does happen unintentionally.

It's been a long time since this happened to me. I can't even remember if it ever happened after I bought a new router (2 months into aoe3).

Abus Guns and Grenadiers ARE NOT ARTILLERY!
MNBob's AOE Page

[This message has been edited by MNBob (edited 07-18-2007 @ 07:39 PM).]

booker
Skirmisher
posted 07-19-07 05:57 AM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
I just had this happen to me so I sent all the screenshots to ES.

I think it's pretty conclusive as I was in such a better position to win when he dropticked me. This is the second time this has happened to me (first time, I didn't realise what had happened) and I've only played 20 games.

It's very frustrating but I also pity these people for doing this. It's quite pathetic.
John GrahamLeigh
Skirmisher
posted 07-19-07 06:26 AM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
It's a long time since I played any rated games, but when I did I had this happen both ways. The clearest case, you'd think, was when my opponent was down to no TC, no troops and 1 settler and was credited with the win. Evidence of drop-tricking - except that that was the only AoE3 rated game that chap ever played (he has a 100% win record!). I'm certain that the drop was accidental.

Another time I got an undeserved win - I wasn't dead yet but was clearly losing when my opponent's connection failed, and I got the win. An immediate rematch saw justice done and I was soundly beaten.

From my own experience, at least, I believe that the incidence of "drop-tricking" is often much exaggerated. I think the vast majority of such cases are accidental.
Walker_5
Skirmisher
posted 07-19-07 06:53 AM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
You might think they are, but if you check a players record and see that he more then often win after having a sudden drop in military and villagers, while his opponent seems to have been doing fine. Then I would assume the "random" drops as not so random or innocent...

AgeSanctuary Staff member.
etnica
Skirmisher
posted 07-19-07 08:00 AM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
Last night I played an FFA match with a guy, who lost and droptrickked me (we all know, it is completely worthless). This is the real noob behavior...
talkin_pineapple
Skirmisher
posted 07-19-07 12:55 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
to be honest, does it really matter? you won morally, and if you really are good enough to have the higher rank that you should have had from winning, you'll get there anyway.

Also, don't forgot the possibility it might be an accident/computer crashing type thing. About one in twenty games i play, my router randomly decides to stop working properly, and it takes about 5 minutes for the game to smooth out again, meanwhile i get called a noob and a cheat etc! lol
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames