You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Hmm......... Can Anyone Relate To This?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Hmm......... Can Anyone Relate To This?
Hydrovert5
Skirmisher
posted 07-18-07 05:10 PM EDT (US)         
I play as the British, and I find it quite hard to advance home city levels. I mean, I don't just sit on my behind in matches, I engage in battle often enough (but get pawned) then my AI ally gets the credit for it when he/she finish off what I started. (I always like to play me + AI ally vs AI enemy on very hard mode) and while I build up my armies again, I get attacked and by the time they are finished with my base, there's only half of it left. And of course, by that time, the enemy have already created another army and is halfway across the map... :S My ally just sits on their economic powerhouse with a HUGE army... Talk about rubbish AI...

Also, I don't know about anyone else but I like to attack in platoons. 30 Hussars and 20 Musketeers on all sides, makes it harder to concentrate fire when you got hundreds of men swarming like ants in your base...

Any thoughts?

Snowflakes are one of nature's weakest elements. However, look what they can do when they stick together...
AuthorReplies:
LordBob13
Skirmisher
posted 07-18-07 05:12 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
You playing in single player or multi player? If single player just use cheats(nova & orion) In multiplayer plaing an all AI game gives no XP. YOu need at least 2 human players.

From a poster at Agecommunity (Talking about the 4 cow age up option):

"Only a noob like you doesn't realize how valueble it can be. That's 2000 food waiting to be gathered"
LOL
Lord_Jason
Skirmisher
posted 07-18-07 05:15 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
nope im finding brits easy to age with. at least 1 a game usually 2
play 3v3s or 4v4s. then youll get more battle experiance. otherwise i dont know dude.

"You only use Greandiers if someone has hacked your enemy so he cant make military units" - Eicho!!!!

You cant carry an air guitar and a gun at the same time....where there is air guitar there is peace!!

"Christians dont believe in gravity." Peter Griffin

[This message has been edited by Lord_Jason (edited 07-18-2007 @ 05:16 PM).]

Hydrovert5
Skirmisher
posted 07-18-07 05:15 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
I know the cheats, but I prefer to do it myself, gives some pride to see I've earned it rather than type it in, you know?

I just play single-player skirmish, I don't have the internet at home as of yet.

Snowflakes are one of nature's weakest elements. However, look what they can do when they stick together...
HazardousPickle
Skirmisher
posted 07-18-07 06:08 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
If you want a high offline HC, just edit the file.

I think it's: My documents / My games / AOE3 / Savegames / whatever HC file you want to edit.

Rightclick the HC file and click "edit file" set your HC level to whatever you want and then set the skillpoints (the number of shipments available to spend) to how many shipments you want to have when you start the game.

Agecomm quote of the week: "woooooh my thread got stickied thats a dream come true."

ESO: hazardousPickle
AceOfKings
Skirmisher
posted 07-18-07 06:11 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
no, the skillpoints represent raw cards waiting to be picked

ESO= AceOfKings
Current: AOE3 TAD
HazardousPickle
Skirmisher
posted 07-18-07 06:22 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
^Thats what I meant

Agecomm quote of the week: "woooooh my thread got stickied thats a dream come true."

ESO: hazardousPickle
Cheesewiz
HG Alumnus
posted 07-18-07 11:24 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
I've always found the British easy to age up with, because their games always last longer.

Most decent British players either lose to a rush, which still lets them gain some decent XP by killing units, or boom, which is great for XP, or colonial fight, which is also great for Xp.

The few games that go longer than that are even better. Who I think would struggle at gaining XP is pure rushing civs. even if they win, the enemy usually resigns before any real XP is gathered up.

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames