You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Instant idle villagers bug?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Instant idle villagers bug?
armyballer
Skirmisher
posted 07-31-07 06:46 AM EDT (US)         
I have knoticed that as soon as major fighting starts, it seems some villagers (choppers) instantly go idle. Has anyone ever seen this? I'll go to the idle villager and he is standing right next to the tree I sware 15 seconds ago he was chopping.
AuthorReplies:
Lord_Jason
Skirmisher
posted 07-31-07 07:12 AM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
I think it may just be a coincidence. If the tree he is chpping falls down, everyone on that tree moves to the next one. if there is no room at that new tree he will just stand there playing with his axe. Being very lazy. so i dont think its a bug

"You only use Greandiers if someone has hacked your enemy so he cant make military units" - Eicho!!!!

You cant carry an air guitar and a gun at the same time....where there is air guitar there is peace!!

"Christians dont believe in gravity." Peter Griffin
Legiondude
Skirmisher
posted 07-31-07 07:40 AM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
That happens to me randomly

Yes,it happens during battle,and most villages go idle,but they usually go back to work in 10-20 seconds

AOEIII:The Reinforcements Mod

"Check in your wallet,that's me on the dollar bill" - George Crushington
Homer Jay
Skirmisher
posted 07-31-07 12:56 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
Well... Ive changed my Idle Vill hotkey to "space", so... I always keep pressing it.

Homer Jay Simpson
Just drinking another Duff beer at Moe's tavern
D'oh!
My Signature
talkin_pineapple
Skirmisher
posted 08-08-07 06:17 AM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
its more like, in a battle you concentrate on the battle, so you miss the gradual build up of idle vills, whereas when not in a battle, everytime a vill goes idle you notice, so you don't get many stacked up
scriv1984
Skirmisher
posted 08-08-07 08:24 AM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
another thing i noticed a villager do yesterday was that when i tasked the first 3 vils to hunt, the 3 of them shot one. A crazy woman villager then started shooting at another, which died, then shot another dead and tried another shot at the next before i stopped her!!
Anyone else seen this happen before?

Note: plz dont patronise me by suggesting I had her waypointed or anything like that. It was simply random. Maybe she thought she was rambo or something. *coughs* dick cheney *coughs*

ESO2 - Crashtest

"I don't have 3 hours to break through your 50 layers of walls to kill you.
Real men play without walls." LordKivlov
CIAsnare
Skirmisher
posted 08-08-07 10:06 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
Cheney doesn't shot deer, he shoots people silly. Seriously though I had the same thing happen to me, but it was on a further away hunt so I didn't notice untill all the deer were dead.
exc4libulz1022
Skirmisher
posted 08-08-07 10:46 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
Lol, I don't know about a bug one way or the other, but it sure seems that way xD

It seems like every time a high-stakes battle of some kind ensues, 20% or more of my economy goes idle at that exact moment xD

"he will have a hard getting banks up"
~rel4xed

"I accidently drop kicked someone once"
~george_uk

King_David_of_KC
Skirmisher
posted 12-03-07 10:11 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
I was just about to start a new thread on the exact same topic; so much for search.

Anyway, I'm not sure if it's related or not; BUT:
When the computer players want to resign, a lot of times their villagers are just standing there. I've even built walls and used military units to "herd" them to resources. I've also seen computer villagers standing next to a mine with deer all around it in the middle of the woods. As soon as I get a unit over there to see what's going on they all yell, "MY GIVE UP!"

So, it seems kinda funny when I have HUGE stockpiles of resources. Way more than enough to wipe out the remaining opponents and they are all giving up. Then my villagers say "You SuXXoRs. We QUIT! You slave driver. bleh!"

Just too coincidental for my liking.
AI Guy
Skirmisher
posted 12-03-07 10:24 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
I've had a bug where all my villagers went idle at once, and I couldn't task them back again. It lasted for a good 2 minutes. It's a really weird bug...

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames