You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Cow Killer And Disepeared Game
Bottom
Topic Subject:Cow Killer And Disepeared Game
DepecheMode
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 06:15 AM EDT (US)         
Hi

I played with Ports vs a Dutch Captain a 1:40 h game.
There were 2 stranges things :

1) He managed to kill my cow ( the one you get with the naturalist by aging 2 [ i love this one when i got lots of lamas/sheep, for example in pampa, araucanie ... because its 2000 food ]),with his explorer. Maybe I'm noob, but i never did that, when i come around to cows near an enemy TC, nothing happend. I dont think he got time to kill all my cows with a villager he brought near my base without i see him. 4 cows = 8 melee hit so thats quite long to do.

2) After I won, and the usual gg etc, i look maybe one minute at statistics boards to see the huge amount of units etc. When i clicked on the button : "leave", it was written : "your lost ur ESO connexion". Ok i said, np. Then i connected me again : i looked my Port Homecity : 0 new card to chose ( quite strange for a nearly 2 hours game, since i was only 57 ), then i looked my stats : 0 more lose, 0 more win .

Maybe someone can tell me if it has ever happened to him, if its cheat or just ESO bug , and how to kill cow with an explorer.
[Sorry for my bad english]
AuthorReplies:
Grellen
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 06:49 AM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
Hey DM. Seen you around ESO. Yes, this Disc from ESO at the end of a game happens every so often, and when it does, nothing from that game is transferred/recorded. It is a real pain, but not much can be done for it. It's the nature of the online connection.
NATron
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 01:45 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
The only way of killing cows (that I know of) is by using a weapon with area of effect on a nearby unit (aka a cannon). To kill a cow with an explorer would have to be a hack or a bug. Most likely a bug, though.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I heard distant forests all the time - CunniJA
I found my Jabra!

[This message has been edited by Natron (edited 08-20-2007 @ 01:45 PM).]

Spectruz
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 02:09 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
I usually do the same, when I play 1v1 if the cow is not too far form enemy units I come with my explore and capture it once I do I kill it right the way, by "kill unit" buton ( it is a skull buttom on the bottom), I just do it when I know I cant take it safe to my tc. When I play French I send a vill to enemy TC and kill his herds(b4 age 2) they cant do much vrs cbs, if they try atack with vills, they will loose a lot of vills time, also I try kill all the huntbles far from tc, make easy to raid.
exc4libulz1022
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 04:20 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
When I play sioux I often attack enemy vils/explorers if they are near their hunts/herdables, it kills the herdables and causes the hunts to run farther from their tc

I don't know about dutch doing that though. Was it age 1?

"he will have a hard getting banks up"
~rel4xed

"I accidently drop kicked someone once"
~george_uk

SahintheFalcon
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 04:56 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
The lost connection thing has happened to me once before too. You lose the information from that game. Why? I'll tell you.

Your stats are not uploaded until you sign back onto ESO, and if ESO is very busy, then it will still take several seconds longer. If the server is particularly busy that day, and you click "cancel" when aoe3 auto-signs in after a game, you will NOT upload any information. I know this because one time, after a 2 hour game, I was in a rush to go somewhere. After auto-signing back on to ESO, I immediately clicked the X button at the top right corner of the screen to log off. The confirm message said that I was still uploading stats files, but I didn't react fast enough and I logged off anyway. Later I found that I got no credit for that 2 hour game.

ESO Nickname: Eisenhower
Favorite Age 3 character: Sahin the Falcon
Unban James Lock!

[This message has been edited by SahintheFalcon (edited 08-20-2007 @ 04:57 PM).]

coldsteel86
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 05:12 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
no you can kill a cow near a tc as long as no vills are next to it simply by gaining control of it even for 1 sec and then deleting unit. i do that alot to opposing players if i dont have a chance a getting the cow to my base i simply hit delete and its dead
DepecheMode
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 05:23 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
@ exc4libulz1022 :
He was just age 2, same 4 me, and he began to attack my TC wagon with his explorer and his scout unit. So I backed the TC and he probably took my cows at this moment.

@Spectruz :
Puling hunt far away of ennemi TC with a cdb is a very interesting tech, and as u said it, with their 40% RR, ennemy can't do anything against it. I allways begin a game by scouting near hunts, they i pull it back with 1 vill on each, and every 10 s just shot on 1 hunt to bring them as close as possible of my base. But that is right than rotting meat all around his base can be very annoying.
The matter with cdb is that they 2 shot every animal, that is maybe harder to pull back our own hunt without killing them.

@SahintheFalcon :
Hmm then i got no luck to have lose my connexion at the moment where i clicked on "leave".

@Natron
Yes canon walks on hunt / herd / forest =), i guess monitors too ?

@Grellen Hi =), sorry i don't remember u :'(

And a question : did u erase ur "delete hotkey" or changed it ? i made "ctrl-maj-del" to it in order not to delete my 40 cacador group for example.
Culverin
Skirmisher
(id: Robert_Squared)
posted 08-20-07 06:07 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
Yeah, area of effect can really annoy me sometimes. A mortar shooting at a wall that a villager is constructing can kill the villager, which mortars can't usually attack...

Just call me Robert.
My Massgate
AI Guy
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 11:38 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
The cow killing idea is awesome, I went and modded the game to do it.
Then I edited some other stuff because it was fun.
(Congratulations - you got me into modding.)

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames