Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Sioux Aging
Bottom
Topic Subject:Sioux Aging
SuperemeAirPower
Skirmisher
posted 08-21-07 00:57 AM EDT (US)         
So ive been playing the Sioux for a powerful early raid civ, but the problem im having is aging faster than the Expert Computer in order to pull off a successful villager raid. My first shipment card is the 3 villager card and i usually dont send a second card until Colonial. On most occasions i age with 14 villager population. Is there any other way that would be faster? would sending a resource shipment instead of Villies be better? And after i age, im stuck having to train very expensive cavalry (axes are 160F and 40G).

If someone could help me reach Colonial with enough of an economy to pull a successful raid I would greatly appreciate it.

~SAP

Word spread like darkness, tiny rumor after rumor trickling its way through the ears and mouths of all wise enough to hear it.Through this day its very existence remains mythed,its origin unclear, remembered only by few. Silence kept it hidden, legend kept it alive, darkness kept it feared. The true might of the skies; the Supreme Air Power....
AuthorReplies:
JarlNick
Skirmisher
posted 08-21-07 01:40 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
Well it would be very hard for you to age faster than the expert computer. They gather at an increased rate and therefore get 800 food faster. If you're going for pure axe riders (for comp stomp or team game), a good strat my friend taught me is this.

-15 vil age up (sending three vil card, aging up with 6 vison politician. Que a villager.

-put 3 on gold, and the rest on food (unless you start with only 100 wood. If so put 2 or so vils on wood.)

-Second card is four axe riders. Build a stable and make as many axe riders as you can. Finish out the batch when you get the resources. When you have your 9 axe riders (around 6 minutes), go raid.

-Keep making vils and axe riders. Your third card is 15 buffalo.

If you don't have a problem with abusing a glitch, a way to slow the computers age time is to shoot their villagers with your explorer. This will make them garrison the villagers and stop them from garrisoning. Keep doing this and it will slow them down significantly.

Hope this helps.

ESO: JarlNick

Want to talk OP? AOE3 Abus Guns at release were nightmares. But I knew how to take care of them! Beware my Culverins you artillery bastards! Oh wait...- MNBob

exc4libulz1022
Skirmisher
posted 08-21-07 02:19 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
I used to use something very similar to that when I played comp stomps to level up my sioux. I used the 500f politician over 6 bison though, I think it gives a little extra early push.

Racing expert computers to age isn't really something to focus on, though :S

"he will have a hard getting banks up"
~rel4xed

"I accidently drop kicked someone once"
~george_uk

SuperemeAirPower
Skirmisher
posted 08-21-07 02:38 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
thnx for the strat. Racing the Comp isnt all im focusing on tho. i also want to put this into effect against my friends online and LAN. my plan is to hurt the comp or, others im playing, early on so they are at a weaker economy than me. (i was never any good at late game econ so i figured id bring them down to my lvl rather than try to beat them.)

If i only keep a few on wood tho, wont i be screwed over later game when i need to upgrade my axes? Suppose as soon as i age i put 4 or 5 on wood then checkpoint all my settlers in age 2 to the gold mine? or would that not get me gold early enough?

Word spread like darkness, tiny rumor after rumor trickling its way through the ears and mouths of all wise enough to hear it.Through this day its very existence remains mythed,its origin unclear, remembered only by few. Silence kept it hidden, legend kept it alive, darkness kept it feared. The true might of the skies; the Supreme Air Power....
SuperemeAirPower
Skirmisher
posted 08-21-07 03:34 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
Wow! thnx guys. i tried that strat out and although i wasnt able to age faster than expert, i was able to get a small army of AR before they had an army and i pulled off an excellent raid. Even when doing so, i was able to keep up a stable economy and fortress before he was able to. When i got to fortress i just spammed Rifle Riders and did hit and run on his army (I was able to take down like 20 of his guys with my rifle riders before i lost a single guy! having the WarChief speed boost is EXCELLENT!)

JarlNick
Skirmisher
posted 08-21-07 06:28 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
Glad to hear it. To exc4l, 500 food also works quite well. I usually go 6 bison though because it gives the hunting bonus. As I plan on staying age 2 for awhile (in team games) it helps out with the 15 bison as well. As for the use SupremeAirPowers putting it to, I think 500 food is the better option.

ESO: JarlNick

Want to talk OP? AOE3 Abus Guns at release were nightmares. But I knew how to take care of them! Beware my Culverins you artillery bastards! Oh wait...- MNBob

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames