You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.24 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Germans.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Germans.
Bean7
Skirmisher
posted 09-19-07 07:08 PM EDT (US)         
It seems they're more powerful this patch. I know there was already a thread...I just checked, sorry.

I'm curious as to know if there are any strats that people use that work? Builds? I'm just curious...I searched it, but to no avail (for Patch 1.04).

Thanks,

-Bean

[This message has been edited by Bean7 (edited 09-19-2007 @ 07:26 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
James Lock
Skirmisher
posted 09-19-07 08:05 PM EDT (US)     1 / 24       
TTC has worked really well for me in 1v1 lol Ironic, being a team card, eh?

xbow rush works ok against Aztec, unless he's got all those jaguars (the animals not the unit).

Thanks to all those that signed the petition to get me unbanned here.
And special thanks to smashnbash for making it.
Bean7
Skirmisher
posted 09-19-07 09:07 PM EDT (US)     2 / 24       
Well...I'm talking about a 15> Home City. I've been beating people with 25+ Home Cities...

-Bean
ultimitsu
Skirmisher
posted 09-20-07 02:36 AM EDT (US)     3 / 24       
rush is very powerful now.

because with 2+3+2 SW shipment, you can easily have a very powerful colonial eco, probably the best in colonial, while keep constant militery production.

also that you get enough cavalry fast enough to raid, explorer, kill explorer without having to build stable, big plus.

i have been doing rush or semi FF with german and getting pretty good results.
Qazitory
HG Alumnus
posted 09-20-07 03:07 AM EDT (US)     4 / 24       
because with 2+3+2 SW shipment, you can easily have a very powerful colonial eco, probably the best in colonial, while keep constant militery production.
I don't quite understand the reasoning behind sending 2SW in age2 - a lot of civs have 5 vills and 4 vills in age2, but they usually just send the 5 vills card. Germans get shipments slower, so I usually don't use that shipment in getting another 4 villagers.

Also, I wouldn't say they have the best colonial eco. IMO Brits, Dutch and French have better ones.

But yea, Germans are now a good civ, yet still balanced.

•Qazitory•
•AoE3 rating: Qazitory
My AoE3:TWC mods: QazUI - Treasure - Main Menu - Low Lag HC - Deck selection•
•Guide my keystrokes, keep my programs alive, protect me from viruses, back up my drive.•
ultimitsu
Skirmisher
posted 09-20-07 03:20 AM EDT (US)     5 / 24       
british and dutch's eco require micro and res to boost, wheresas germans' requires very little.

as to 2 SW, yeah it is essentially 4 vils, thats whats so goof about ti and what french cant match as they dont have 3 vils shipment for age2.

and that for extra 10% xp, you get 2 uhalns with the 2 SW shipment, which is great..

how it all makes their rush very good? hard to explain, i will post a rec in rec section for you
Walker_5
Skirmisher
posted 09-20-07 06:44 AM EDT (US)     6 / 24       
@James - You'r back to ESO?

AgeSanctuary Staff member.
Ossian
Skirmisher
posted 09-20-07 08:12 AM EDT (US)     7 / 24       
The reason behind Germany being so powerful is they got a shipment boost and uhlan boost, which strangely makes all their shipments faster and worth more.
Some could say around a 10% boost to all shipment value.

*WINDOWS CRITICAL ERROR 19891126*
Product ID: Ossian Discontinued
Contact your network admin for more details
about this special edition of player...

Allthough cetans are darker, did you know that if you read the word 'cetan' as a dutch word, that you get the same sound as when reading 'satan' in english.-Furby Killer

[This message has been edited by Ossian (edited 09-20-2007 @ 08:13 AM).]

Bean7
Skirmisher
posted 09-20-07 08:13 AM EDT (US)     8 / 24       
Ultimitsu-You're saying that Brits/Dutch are harder to play?

I would think they're easier to play, sure Brits have the more intensive micro, but raiding seems to be something you have to constantly do with your Uhlans (as Germany obviously) The X-bow hit-and-run...requires micro...

I mean, I just don't see where you're coming from, the Germans IMO, take more micro than the said Dutch...not the British though, the British take skill to use.

-blake
JarlNick
Skirmisher
posted 09-20-07 11:26 AM EDT (US)     9 / 24       
I incorporate TTC into my 'Rock' Team Strategy. Maybe I'll post it sometime.

ESO: JarlNick

Want to talk OP? AOE3 Abus Guns at release were nightmares. But I knew how to take care of them! Beware my Culverins you artillery bastards! Oh wait...- MNBob

ultimitsu
Skirmisher
posted 09-20-07 03:18 PM EDT (US)     10 / 24       
the extra micro you need to do with british and dutch is the eco side, with german you just ship SW and make vils from TC.

in terms of militery micro, dutch arguably require more micro since skirms are terrible performer per cost, you really have to micro them to death to get the most out of them. british doesnt require hnR style micro, but fighting with vils, hunt far, controlling longbows and anti-cav around all requires a lot of work.
Catabre
BFME2H Replay Reviewer - Library Guildsman
posted 09-21-07 05:25 PM EDT (US)     11 / 24       
I like my German Petard surprise strategy. Fun

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
FerraL
Skirmisher
posted 09-23-07 11:57 AM EDT (US)     12 / 24       
no wonder after my long break i was beaten by a germany today :S

Thank God SCII finally has a release date but it so so damn far away...
ESO Name: AoTH_ZoOkEePeR
SUX2000
Skirmisher
posted 09-23-07 06:54 PM EDT (US)     13 / 24       
imo german age2 is better than french age2 now...u age a few seconds later but have a slighty better eco and get free uhlans

_____________________________\||/
______/____\_________________ /...\
______________\_____________(..__..)
______________[[_Crayola_]]>_. \___/
______________/_____.________ -||-
_____'-_______/____._.___._._.___/\
Lord_Richjp
Skirmisher
posted 09-24-07 11:55 AM EDT (US)     14 / 24       
20+ seconds is not "a few" and shipments are still 10% slower so you still don't get "free Uhlans" which also still suck.

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
The Timid Fool
Skirmisher
posted 09-24-07 12:33 PM EDT (US)     15 / 24       
Uhlans kill LI* pretty good now, much better than before

("`-''-/*).___..--''"`-._
`6_ 6 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`)
(_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-'
_..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'
(((' (((-((('' ((((
"Black holes are where God divided by zero" -Steve Wright
JimXIX
Kings Guard
posted 09-24-07 02:33 PM EDT (US)     16 / 24       
Hit and running with skirms is much easier than any micro you use with longbows, especially early on.

As time goes on, longbows don't really need to be micro'd so much.

You'll remember that four (!) hour game against that crazy Russian that wouldn't give up, not realizing he was playing someone who in real life actually is a crazy Russian, that won't give up either. - Ender_Ward
Sir Snoopy
Skirmisher
posted 09-24-07 07:08 PM EDT (US)     17 / 24       
I like my German Petard surprise strategy. Fun
Elaborate, please.

Retired GameReplays.org Senior Replay Reviewer
World Class Drum Corps International Mellophonist 2009
Proud Winner of "Best Newbie Award" BFME2H, a long time ago
Eicho
Skirmisher
posted 09-24-07 09:32 PM EDT (US)     18 / 24       
Hit and running with skirms is much easier than any micro you use with longbows, especially early on.

As time goes on, longbows don't really need to be micro'd so much.
What are you talking about?
this is a thread for Germans, not longbows.
nta3329
Skirmisher
posted 09-25-07 08:14 PM EDT (US)     19 / 24       
Still playing the plain/regular Age of Empires.... I find Germans still pretty weak... I usually play team games(3vs3), and I played with germans 6 times: 4 loses and 2 wins... basically, my contribution is to make cavalry, and I got to the conclusion, that Uhlans are good only if massed(15+), that only happens if the other team doesnt attack early enought... which is exactly what happened on those to wins...Altough i find that they got a little better, but not much...and I dont feel like i'm getting faster shipments...

PERU////////PERU PERU////////PERU PERU////////PERU
THE WONDERFULL COUNTRY
MACHUPICCHU////// MACHUPICCHU ///// MACHUPICCHU
visit
http://travel.peru.com/travel/english/
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 09-25-07 08:22 PM EDT (US)     20 / 24       
I don't play Germans a whole lot (never in supremacy games for that matter) but they get a few nice cards in TWC that make them a solid choice for FF. Coin trickle, guild artisans, the saloon, some other stuff. I'll let Sjonnie tell you about the Germans.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.

[This message has been edited by As_Saffah (edited 09-25-2007 @ 08:22 PM).]

Catabre
BFME2H Replay Reviewer - Library Guildsman
posted 09-26-07 02:15 PM EDT (US)     21 / 24       
@Sir Snoopy I FF then attack with mercs and petards. The petards against there TC and the mercs for there army. It works well against saergents. I haven't seen you much at BFMEII Heavn lately. Wassup wid that?

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
Medio
Skirmisher
(id: Mediolanus)
posted 09-26-07 02:28 PM EDT (US)     22 / 24       
I'll let Sjonnie tell you about the Germans
Sorry, not this time. I quit playing them just when 1.03 came out, and I only recently started playing again, but as the Aztecs (which I enjoy a lot). There should be other people here who know more about them.

And I prefer to be called Mediolanus
John Xenir
Skirmisher
posted 10-28-07 09:35 PM EDT (US)     23 / 24       
I have a little curiosity about Germans, not enough relevant to make a new thread.

German skirmisher with the industrial age upgrade is called Needle gunner. Do they mean that they are wielding Needle gun, Dreyse breechloader (yet they still have muzzleloader reloading animation :P), used from '40 to '70 in 19th century prussia?

P.S.: I heard some time ago (I haven't played for a while) about dead Uhlan still occupying pop. I hope they got rid of it.
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 10-29-07 02:25 AM EDT (US)     24 / 24       
P.S.: I heard some time ago (I haven't played for a while) about dead Uhlan still occupying pop. I hope they got rid of it.
The "uhlan bug" has apparently been fixed. The original problem was if you sent a shipment and then later decided to switch to another shipment and cancel the first, the "phantom uhlan" that would have come with the first shipment were never erased from the system, so it showed your population as having sent them, even though you didn't.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames