You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Argh. Any tips on beating Dutch as Aztec?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Argh. Any tips on beating Dutch as Aztec?
Krazy_Karl
Skirmisher
posted 10-04-07 03:36 AM EDT (US)         
Hey. Is anyone else having trouble beating massed, well-supported cannon as Aztec? In a 1v1 unrated game earlier today, I was winning throughout the midgame and had started to boom when my Dutch enemy got his economy strong enough to spam Falconets at me - supported by an equal number of Halberdiers and Skirmishers.

I tried Arrow Knights to long range the Falconets with Jaguar Knights in front of them to stop the Halberdiers interfering. His Skirms shot at my Jags and the Halbs and Falcs violated my army. I tried sending Coyote Runners round the back but he had Halbs there. I stealthed some Jags through to his cannons but by the time I got there and started attacking he shot me down before I managed to destroy half of them.

This is only my 7th or 8th game as Aztec, but I've played Dutch many times. Any tips?

Thanks.

im in ur base

steelin ur crates
AuthorReplies:
armyballer
Skirmisher
posted 10-04-07 06:44 AM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
This Dutch player must have been pretty good or I just suck becasue I normaly have my hardest time playing as dutch Vs Aztec. I find that when I lay Dutch vs Aztec I go through resorces like butter, esp if I'm on a lnad map and was not able to whale boom. I know this dosn;t help much but it soulds like you had the right approach. The only thing you might want to try next time is forcing him to fight 2 fights. Attack another part of his base. The Dutch mil pop is so huge it's tought to beat him if the fight is only in one spot and he is able to mass all 150 mil pop. Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by armyballer (edited 10-04-2007 @ 06:45 AM).]

As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 10-04-07 09:47 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
I'm wondering, if you can use the coyote stealth card, if coyotes have any better ranged resist than jags to take out cannon.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames