You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.83 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Age Of Empires 3: Future Patch Balance Notes
Bottom
Topic Subject:Age Of Empires 3: Future Patch Balance Notes
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Spartanius
Skirmisher
posted 11-17-07 05:55 PM EDT (US)         
Age Of Empires 3: Future Patch Balance Notes

Ok, I don't know if there is already a thread that covers this but I havn't found one so far so I thought I'd make this.
This thread is where forummers (who play age 3, preferebly on ESO) can come together and make suggestions about where the game needs to be balanced in any future patches. Cards that need to be nerfed, units that need boosting, whatever it is make your suggestion here and I'll look over it. If your opinion isn't insane and it makes sense than I'll add it onto the forum. Hopefully some of the ES staff will see this and take it into consideration. The Balance Notes will be seperated by civs and also a Misc. catagory...

(((IMPORTANT)))When referring to a card or common unit (musketeer) specify what civ they are from.(((IMPORTANT)))

So, suggest and opinionize away...(is that a word?)

BALANCE NOTES:

British
- Increase number of musketeers and longbowmen in age 2 unit shipments
- Give Brits a good fortress politican something like "the kings archer" 4 longbowman and veteran status given

Spanish

French

Dutch
- Decrease Bank HP

Portuguese
- Cassadors need a little boost of HP
- Lower cost of Bestiero church tech (example: 1000 wood) but also greatly nerf the amount of Xbows you get with it

Ottomans
- Cheaper Church techs
- Boost Janissary melee damage to cav

Russians
- sevastopol builds buildings 60% faster instead of 85%.
- increase russian musketeer attack (hand) against cav

Germany
- Increase either Uhlan HP or Uhlan speed

THE WAR CHIEFS~

Aztecs

Iroqious

Sioux
- Decrease the Sioux WarChief aura

THE ASIAN DYNASTIES~

Japanese
- increase army train time from Dojos

Chinese
- Desciple cost increased to 100 Food
- +1 attack and/or +1x multiplier vs cav for Chinese Pikes and/or Keshiks
- Slightly decrease Banner Army and Flying Crow train time from wonders (it is a little too slow)
- Lower "Mongolian Army" cost (least used banner army anyway)
- Grant new tech to chinese that allows them to gain XP (for XP games?)

Indians
- Start with extra wood crate and/or extra villiger
- Flail Elephants HP increased and also bonus vs HI instead of LI
- Make Elephants more cost and/or pop effective. Reduce pop cost or resource cost a bit
- Professional Handlers card decrease pop cost elephants by 2

MISCALLANEOUS~
- Doorbell/Door type sound for when friend loggs in?
- Allow more than just 2 teams (wishfull thinking i know, but i leave it on here anyway)

Just post a small sentance/paragraph on what should be changed and I'll add it on. If you can give me specifics and exacts of what you mean.

Have Fun! :P

You know you play AoE too much when....
"You rob a bank saying im in stealth mode, im in stealth mode"...
"You Buy a house in Britain for a free kid"...
"Whereever you see the letters "ATP" you think it means "Advanced Trading Post"...

~92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.~

[This message has been edited by Spartanius (edited 11-30-2007 @ 09:58 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Ferdinand Gwonch
Skirmisher
posted 11-17-07 06:39 PM EDT (US)     1 / 83       
- Remove Sword Saint card's cost penalty to Samurai, but give it a cost of 500 Coin.
- Include a tech to decrease Flying Crows' spawning time by 20%, apart from Engineering School card.
- Include a tech to decrease banner army spawning time from Summer Palace by 20%, the same way Dojos have the Kamidana tech.
- Professional Handlers card decrease pop cost elephants by 2
- Keshiks have 10 ranged damage from 8 and cost 100 resources
- Remove villager penalty from Keshiks (it wouldn't grant them a fine damage vs. vils, however)
- -1 pop cost to Sowar and +1 pop cost to Zamburak
- Lower Mongolian Army (the worst and least necessary banner army) cost
- Boost Hand Mortar HP or make it cheaper
- Give Hero status to Daimyos and Shogun, so they can be countered by spies and ninja
- Give a new tech for Chinese to gain XP if possible (since they have no extra XP facilities unlike Japan have)
- Increase Spanish (consulate) XP trickle/sec to 1 from 0.8
- Increase Dutch (consulate) Coin trickle/sec to 1 from 0.8
- Increase Brahmin probability of Stomp to 20% from 10%, or increase the stun time of stomped units to 0.5 second

Some may disagree, but i also feel the necessity of having Fencing School in Japan.

OWN GOAL

[This message has been edited by Ferdinand Gwonch (edited 11-17-2007 @ 07:33 PM).]

Sir Snoopy
Skirmisher
posted 11-17-07 08:27 PM EDT (US)     2 / 83       
Give Hero status to Daimyos and Shogun, so they can be countered by spies and ninja
They are weak enough as is imo. I agree with almost everything else.

Retired GameReplays.org Senior Replay Reviewer
World Class Drum Corps International Mellophonist 2009
Proud Winner of "Best Newbie Award" BFME2H, a long time ago
EmperorPatrick
Skirmisher
posted 11-17-07 09:51 PM EDT (US)     3 / 83       
Make the 6 musketeer and 6 longbowmen shipments in Colonial for the Biritish 7 or 8 unit cards

AOE III/TWC: 1st Lieutenant
TAD: Master Sergeant (~30 Games Played)
Jer_IV
Skirmisher
posted 11-17-07 10:12 PM EDT (US)     4 / 83       
-Give the British a 400 wood poli for when they get a lvl 40 hc
-Make estates an age 3 card
-Let India ship 1 villager with EVERY shipment, not most
-Make Cherry Orchards have more HP, but make them destroyable
-Decrease the Sioux War Chief speed and his aura
-Make Rifle Riders cost a little bit more and make their infantry bonus to 1.5x
-Give India one extra food and wood crate, and one extra starting villager
-Make British Longbow, Musket, and Hussar training time decreased by 3 to 5 seconds.
-Make the Rajput useful (that should keep ES busy for awhile)
-Remove the Auto-veteran status for Dutch Skirms
-Instead of making units move slower for Coffee Trade, make them cost more or train slower.
-Make Dutch vills train just a bit slower.
-Decrease Envoy LOS and speed.
AI Guy
Skirmisher
posted 11-17-07 10:15 PM EDT (US)     5 / 83       
How about things only get added if several people agree?

posted 11-17-07 10:18 PM EDT (US)     6 / 83       
And one more thing
Misc-ESO makes a sound (like a doorbell or whatever)when a friend logs on or someone joins your game, so you can do some OP TV watching while being on ESO and not having to check for friends/people who want to play you.
kuzyk
Skirmisher
posted 11-18-07 02:05 AM EDT (US)     7 / 83       
Include a tech to decrease Flying Crows' spawning time by 20%, apart from Engineering School card.
accupuncture doesnt work?
btw, that card is spelled wrong.
CunniJA
Skirmisher
posted 11-18-07 02:15 AM EDT (US)     8 / 83       
Destructible Cherry Orchards= Really Bad idea. What's the justification anyway? That would just screw Japan over.

Pike Rush= gg, because now I have to gather a shitload of wood to get any food on non-berry maps.

A_S: "Cunni's pic wins thread otherwise failing due to being 5-7 years behind the times."
"Brilliant cunni simply brilliant"
C_MAG: "CunniJA's post is epic win."
Slomo
Skirmisher
posted 11-18-07 02:29 AM EDT (US)     9 / 83       
Just 1 thing really... Give the Asians some decent artilery that actually counters Heavy Infantry in late game. This could be done by making the flame thrower a little faster and also adding some melee resistance as well. The firing mechanism also needs work as it ineffective vs moving targets. Japan is fine but could use a better artilery counter.

As far as India. Siege elephants are too specialized as are Flail Elephants. My suggestion is to increase the HP on Flail Elephants and have them counter HI as opposed to LI. This would mean that they would have to be reclassified to so that melee cav counter them.

Everything else about India's problems have been discussed to exhaustion so I wont go into more depth there...
Daflame
Skirmisher
posted 11-18-07 05:38 AM EDT (US)     10 / 83       
Well, I think we have talked about many balance changes too frequently now that it's just common knowledge now.

I strongly disagree that Cassadores should be given 20 extra HP. That would be an approx. 25% increase in HP and that is quite significant for 115 res(?. Don't forget Casses already have quite substancial RR (60%). I think what they really need is a R.O.F fix. Something like 4.5 R.O.F to 4.0 R.O.F. Would be good.

There are so many things I would like aded to this game. I could go all day, but I can't be bothered. I'll just point out what I disagree with.

[This message has been edited by Daflame (edited 11-19-2007 @ 01:15 AM).]

Spartanius
Skirmisher
posted 11-18-07 05:18 PM EDT (US)     11 / 83       
ok first thing, don't say stupid things like ES should make a brand new unit that does this, or that this unit should do this instead of that.
This is just to suggest changes in the already existing civs and their units and techs.

Destructable Cherry Orchards??? Lmao, uh no. One thing thats great about them is the unraidablility/destructable thingy. That is why they are unique.

The Dutch villigers are fine as they are I think.

It would be great if you would offer suggestions that would actually Balance the game and not work for YOUR advantage...

"Whereever you see the letters "ATP" you think it means "Advanced Trading Post"...

~92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.~

[This message has been edited by Spartanius (edited 11-18-2007 @ 05:29 PM).]

Catabre
BFME2H Replay Reviewer - Library Guildsman
posted 11-18-07 05:36 PM EDT (US)     12 / 83       
- Remove Sword Saint card's cost penalty to Samurai, but give it a cost of 500 Coin.
I think that it is fine as is. Cheap, fast Samuria like Cheap, fast Dopps just aren't fair.

Edit:I just wih that if you beat a killed a Japanese player's base trht you could gather from their Cherry Orchards with your vills.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor

[This message has been edited by Catabre (edited 11-18-2007 @ 05:43 PM).]

lachlan
Skirmisher
posted 11-18-07 05:50 PM EDT (US)     13 / 83       
Howdahs need a boost, they aren't cost effective.
Catabre
BFME2H Replay Reviewer - Library Guildsman
posted 11-18-07 05:55 PM EDT (US)     14 / 83       
None of the elephants are cost effective IMO.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
N_E_Patriots
Skirmisher
posted 11-18-07 08:03 PM EDT (US)     15 / 83       
Yea, its much easier and much more effective to use India's other units instead of elephants, except maybe flails. But only in the 2nd age. ES or BHG kinda negated elephants by making them cost too much and be too much pop.

Why not have destructible cherry orchards? It is impossible to raid Japan. I know that it being "hard" to raid is a strength, but ES should make it at least possible. Just give them a lot of HP.

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
Michael Jackson is innocent!
I smell.
nta3329
Skirmisher
posted 11-18-07 09:29 PM EDT (US)     16 / 83       
I dont get why Uhlans, that are supposed to be lighter having less HP, meaning less armor, are slower than hussars that have more armor to carry(more HP). Uhlans should get more speed that hussars(numbers like 6.9?), which would help their problem, that is actually getting to light infantry before getting killed.

They should have more attack,like 2+ because, now with twc and tad, their uniquenss of having high attack is being violated and it would boost them to the point of balance.

PERU////////PERU PERU////////PERU PERU////////PERU
THE WONDERFULL COUNTRY
MACHUPICCHU////// MACHUPICCHU ///// MACHUPICCHU
visit
http://travel.peru.com/travel/english/
Myth_dracon
Skirmisher
posted 11-18-07 09:38 PM EDT (US)     17 / 83       
-Make elephants cost less population by default, decrease cost a little (as they defo aren't cost OR pop effective).

-Increase disciple cost to 100F.

-Increase train rate of Flying Crows and Banner Armies from Chinese wonders.

-Increase amount that Transcendance heals units.

-Increase Japanese berry and cherry gather rate by a little bit.

-Increase Japanese unit train rate in general (cav and infantry)
Lord_Richjp
Skirmisher
posted 11-19-07 12:41 PM EDT (US)     18 / 83       
-Decrease amount of disciples for the age up to fortress, make them cost 100f
-Add 1 attack and +1x multiplier vs cav for all chinese colonial anti-cav, nerf qiang pike siege slightly
-Minus 1 attack and add +1x multiplier vs cav for changado swordsmen
-Increase banner train times slightly
-Boost Minor natives (American at least, not sure about Asian ATM)
-Boost banner army and flying crow wonder train rate; or give them a tech to boost the rate

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe

[This message has been edited by Lord_RichJP (edited 11-19-2007 @ 12:42 PM).]

Spartanius
Skirmisher
posted 11-19-07 07:02 PM EDT (US)     19 / 83       
ok, so far so good. keep em coming guys, don't worry I read em all

LordBob13
Skirmisher
posted 11-19-07 09:06 PM EDT (US)     20 / 83       
aren't uhlans acctually heavy cav?

From a poster at Agecommunity (Talking about the 4 cow age up option):

"Only a noob like you doesn't realize how valueble it can be. That's 2000 food waiting to be gathered"
LOL
Tungsten_Knight
Skirmisher
posted 11-19-07 09:40 PM EDT (US)     21 / 83       
I don't think Japan needs a training increase card. They get the Shogunate, which increase training time and decreases cost, they get double shipments, they get dojos (two of them), and a collection of Daimayos that can be boosted with cards that increase training time.
Ferdinand Gwonch
Skirmisher
posted 11-19-07 10:45 PM EDT (US)     22 / 83       
@spartanius:

why didn't you add most wishes of mine?

and
- Increase Banner Army and Flying Crow train time from wonders
The right boost is decreasing spawn time, not increasing their slowness.

OWN GOAL
Spartanius
Skirmisher
posted 11-19-07 11:37 PM EDT (US)     23 / 83       
Ferdinand Gwonch
@spartanius:

why didn't you add most wishes of mine?
Honestly I didn't like most of them but I looked them over and I think some make sense.
The right boost is decreasing spawn time, not increasing their slowness.
xD doh!

Lol ok I fix it...

LordBob13
arn't Uhlans actually heavy cav
no cuz looky here LordBob13

Uhlan-
German light cavalry that sacrifices hitpoints for attack.

First available:
Cost: 50 Food 100 Gold
Hitpoints:190
Speed:6.5
Resists:
10% vs Ranged

Bonuses:
x0.8 vs AbstractVillager

Attacks:
Name Damage Range Rate of Fire
BuildingAttack 20 0 3
DefendHandAttack 37 0 1.5
GuardianAttack 37 0 1.5
MeleeHandAttack 37 0 1.5
TrampleHandAttack 25 0 2

so does that answer your question lol?

[This message has been edited by Spartanius (edited 11-19-2007 @ 11:43 PM).]

Daflame
Skirmisher
posted 11-20-07 00:37 AM EDT (US)     24 / 83       
Text Descriptions are usually wrong. All Melee Cavalry are Heavy Cavalry and all Ranged Cavalry are Light Cavalry.

I don't think you should be making a balance topic, if you didn't know this :P I just had to point this out, lol.
Spartanius
Skirmisher
posted 11-20-07 11:03 AM EDT (US)     25 / 83       
well gee sorry... Im just a person who goes by the book thats all. So i learned something new...

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames