Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Home/Capital Cities
Bottom
Topic Subject:Home/Capital Cities
Woolagaroo
Skirmisher
posted 07-17-07 08:49 PM EDT (US)         
Hey, I was wondering what the home cities for the new civs would be and I didn't see a thread already for it, so decided to start one. Here's my guesses.

Japan: Almost certainly Kyoto. It was the imperial capital and home of the emperor from 794 to 1868 when the capital was moved to Edo/Tokyo. The name itself even means capital.

China: This one is pretty easy too. I think it will be Beijing (Peking? although this is a westernized version of the name). It was the capital of the Ming (1402-1644) and Qing (1644-1912) dynasties of China, the groups in power during the period of TAD. It is also the site of the Imperial Palace and Forbidden City.

India: This one is a little trickier. I'm guessing Dehli because it was the capital of the Mughal Empire from time to time and also served as the capital of the Sultanates of Dehli. I could also, however, see Agra becoming the Indian home city. It also served as the Mughal for periods and was the site of the Agra Fort and Taj Mahal, both of which feature in the game.

So, these are my guesses, anyone can disagree though and give their opinions.

Deutschland erwartet, dass jeder Mann seine Pflicht tun wird.
Россия ожидает, что каждый исполнит свой долг.
AuthorReplies:
Legioona
Skirmisher
posted 07-18-07 04:35 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
Home Cities of both China and Japan are already shown as screencaps in this thread, and mark my words Japan's hometown will be Edo, they did not call the Tokugawa shogunate Edo period for nothing.

Putting the "sensual" back in "nonconsensual" since 2006.
banditobill
Skirmisher
posted 07-19-07 03:04 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
I don't know about Kyoto, but isn't Tokyo (and, by extension, Edo) built on a bay? I'm not sure of the extent of the city in this particular time period, but wouldn't the shot of the home city have at least some of the bay shown?

Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

I'm Avarice58 on ESO. I'm horrible, but feel free to talk, and maybe we'll have a game sometime
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 07-19-07 05:58 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
I remember that the Japanese HC flag is different at different times...maybe you start out in Kyoto and then move to Edo...maybe you begin with a Warring States based flag (Toyotomi or Nobunaga) in Discovery-Colonial and your HC is Kyoto; then go to the Tokugawa device in Fortress (one screen shot shows this) and your HC is now Old Edo; and then to the familiar Hinomaru in Industrial or Imperial, and your HC is Tokyo. No matter what your HC graphics are, you still have the same deck and cards, these don't change in-game.

Somewhat similar to the way your HC changes in the campaigns, but it just changes the window dressings, the deck and Xp and whatnot remain the same.

@banditobill: Kyoto is somewhat inland, so maybe if the rotating HC idea is accurate, the shot you are seeing is of Kyoto and not Edo or Tokyo.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.

[This message has been edited by As_Saffah (edited 07-19-2007 @ 06:00 PM).]

Woolagaroo
Skirmisher
posted 07-20-07 00:03 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
Kyoto has access to the sea via rivers, so there are ports in Kyoto. Besides, only four of the original 8 European home cities were directly on the sea, so that doesn't mater that much.

Deutschland erwartet, dass jeder Mann seine Pflicht tun wird.
Россия ожидает, что каждый исполнит свой долг.
banditobill
Skirmisher
posted 07-20-07 00:37 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
I'm not saying the HC needs to be on the sea. I just mean I don't see the ocean in the shot.

Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

I'm Avarice58 on ESO. I'm horrible, but feel free to talk, and maybe we'll have a game sometime
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames