Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.19 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » India's Agra Fort
Bottom
Topic Subject:India's Agra Fort
NATron
Skirmisher
posted 08-13-07 11:36 PM EDT (US)         
According to Brian Reynolds in this interview, the Indian nation will have the option of building the Agra Fort as one of their wonders. It may serve as a weaker form of a European fort, but it could possibly be built in the colonial age to deter rushes in the colonial age!Do you think it could be a good idea to send this in the colonial age, instead of the Taj Mahal, so you could have a good defense in the colonial and save the Taj Mahal for a later age?

Post your thoughts!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I heard distant forests all the time - CunniJA
I found my Jabra!
AuthorReplies:
The Timid Fool
Skirmisher
posted 08-13-07 11:48 PM EDT (US)     1 / 19       
It would kind of depend on how powerful the Agra Fort is in colonial, and how long the Taj Mahal's ceasefire lasts

("`-''-/*).___..--''"`-._
`6_ 6 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`)
(_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-'
_..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'
(((' (((-((('' ((((
"Black holes are where God divided by zero" -Steve Wright
Cy Marlayne
Skirmisher
posted 08-13-07 11:57 PM EDT (US)     2 / 19       
According to Brian Reynolds in this interview, the Indian nation will have the option of building the Agra Fort as one of their wonders. It may serve as a weaker form of a European fort, but it could possibly be built in the colonial age to deter rushes in the colonial age!
Thanks for the reminder.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Welcome to Life, your vacation from nothing.
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
CunniJA
Skirmisher
posted 08-14-07 00:31 AM EDT (US)     3 / 19       
I'm just speculating, but my guess would be Agra Fort would be the best Indian Wonder going from 1-2, unless it winds up being like a mere Fortified Outpost or something.
ALAMO23
Skirmisher
posted 08-14-07 01:09 AM EDT (US)     4 / 19       
The Agra Fort is weaker than a Euro Fort!!!!!!!!
gunner1
Scenario Expert
posted 08-14-07 08:36 AM EDT (US)     5 / 19       
yes but he also said that india could build castles.

Scenarios I have made
Single Player-: CAMPAIGN - Christmas - Forest River RPG - Total Freedom
MultiPlayer-: Castle Blood Automatic - Mafia Hitman - Warrior Defence
ESO = sandstorm....................................................................................."I won the bet on 1.04!"
Billman
Skirmisher
posted 08-14-07 08:40 AM EDT (US)     6 / 19       
I hope that the Asian forts in general are weaker than European ones, otherwise its yet another thing that the euro civs have been bettered at.

Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.
banditobill
Skirmisher
posted 08-14-07 01:28 PM EDT (US)     7 / 19       
I think on sparsely forested maps, the Agra Fort will be essential to the Indian's survival as an early age-up wonder. You can't heard distant forests back to your TC, after all.

Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

I'm Avarice58 on ESO. I'm horrible, but feel free to talk, and maybe we'll have a game sometime
CunniJA
Skirmisher
posted 08-14-07 04:18 PM EDT (US)     8 / 19       
I herd distant forests to my TC all the time.
NATron
Skirmisher
posted 08-14-07 04:35 PM EDT (US)     9 / 19       
I herd distant forests to my TC all the time.
I didn't know you could herd forests, teach me how!

But try to stay on topic so we don't accidentally get this closed :P

Anyway, I guess it could possibly depend on whether or not the Agra Fort is more powerful late game or not, and how long the treaty time with the Taj Mahal would last in colonial. I just really think too many Indians would use the Taj Mahal to fend off rushes when they could have a fort in the Colonial Age. You think it could be possible to perform a rush with the Agra Fort, possibly by building it near your enemy's second hunts? Sure they said India would be a FF civ, but hey, they made Ottomans to be a booming civ.

And you have a very good point there, bandit. And you could also use the fort if you don't have many good mines near your base.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I found my Jabra!

[This message has been edited by Natron (edited 08-14-2007 @ 04:49 PM).]

banditobill
Skirmisher
posted 08-14-07 05:20 PM EDT (US)     10 / 19       
I'm actualy starting to see shades of the Iro starting warhut in the Agra Fort. Less OP though, because you only build it to age to Colonial, not before.

Although it will be an excellent FB. You can get shipments there, and train units, and protect what you have. I love India already.

You can also save VS on the wood for an emergency rax in a FF that way. Perhaps the most effective option for India will be a FF, agein to Colonial with the Agra Fort to defend/ build conter units to a rush, then to Fort with the Taj Mahal to set the cease fire and allow yourself time to amass a force of stronger, fortress age unit (both from the fort and shipments).

I'm Avarice58 on ESO. I'm horrible, but feel free to talk, and maybe we'll have a game sometime
CunniJA
Skirmisher
posted 08-14-07 11:32 PM EDT (US)     11 / 19       
That sounds like a pretty damn good idea right there bandito. I can see someone getting overzealous and posting strategies like this for the Asian civs on the Strategy Forum. No recs, no testing... NO MERCY!
General_II
Skirmisher
posted 08-15-07 00:00 AM EDT (US)     12 / 19       
Why does everyone think that ceasefire is going to only be used in cases of rushing? (!) Think more! Anyone who's played AOM extensively (which has ceasefire) knows that ceasefire is wasted vs rushers and is better used when you're actually attacking (like positioning petards next to TCs+factories+houses).

Obviously the Agra fort would be the best early. I do, however, see it being used offensively to block hunts and easily secure wood.

[This message has been edited by General_II (edited 08-15-2007 @ 00:03 AM).]

CaveTown
VIP
posted 08-15-07 00:11 AM EDT (US)     13 / 19       

Is that thing above the home city flag, the treaty button? And there is a castle in this pic near the top .

Former level designer at Reverie World Studios.
I still do some levels for fun, though!
NATron
Skirmisher
posted 08-15-07 00:30 AM EDT (US)     14 / 19       
Lemme go off-topic for just one tiny split second: That is a cool new symbol for the alliable native asian civs!

Anyway, I've pretty much said everything about this that I can think of. However, I'll be sure to check up on this post every once in a while to see how things are flowing along. If needed, I might try to get things back on topic so we don't get locked

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I found my Jabra!

[This message has been edited by Natron (edited 08-15-2007 @ 02:30 PM).]

DrumsMaster26
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 01:17 PM EDT (US)     15 / 19       
I think the Agra fort should get stronger depending on what age you use it to get to. Going into colonial, a frontier outpost; into fortress, a fortified outpost; into industrial, a regular fort; and into imperial, some kind of super-fort. Basically, it should get stronger with age.

"Wisconsin Cheese should be in its own food group, and a significant part of every meal." -Jared Ribble
"Now that sir, is what I call a dead parrot!" -SmashNBash
"I find love generally ends in a restraining order." -Maffia
"One person cannot change the world; they can change others." -Christian Stillings
"Closed. HG > Any other site" -Cheesewiz
banditobill
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 01:21 PM EDT (US)     16 / 19       
I'm pretty sure that an increase in strenght has been confirmed, Drums. That, and I'd really hope that it's stronger then an outpost to go to colonial. It is much more expensive, after all. Maybe like a blockhouse or warhut? Or are they as good in combat as an outpost anyway?

Cancer of the Head
Skirmisher
(id: say1988)
posted 08-20-07 05:24 PM EDT (US)     17 / 19       
That, and I'd really hope that it's stronger then an outpost to go to colonial. It is much more expensive, after all. Maybe like a blockhouse or warhut? Or are they as good in combat as an outpost anyway?
Well, it is confirmed as being able to produce units.
Second, I always assumed that warhuts/blockhouses were about equal to outposts in combat, is that true? I read teh previous post as stating otherwise.

As to the cost, you also have to take into account that it ages you up, and has an immediate bonus.
banditobill
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 10:35 PM EDT (US)     18 / 19       
I've never known how good a blockhouse or warhut was. I was assuming, and sort of asking to be corrected. Never really played any civs in posession of either building. And yes, I see what you mean about the other benefits of the Agra Fort.

Cancer of the Head
Skirmisher
(id: say1988)
posted 08-20-07 11:02 PM EDT (US)     19 / 19       
I've never known how good a blockhouse or warhut was. I was assuming, and sort of asking to be corrected. Never really played any civs in posession of either building.
My exact thoughts. I just assumed they were the same.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames