You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.16 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » I discover some map's name!
Bottom
Topic Subject:I discover some map's name!
gz_aoe3
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 05:10 AM EDT (US)         
Anyone notice the map on the logo of TAD blog at IGN?!
http://blogs.ign.com/MS_AgeOfEmpires/2007/08/17/63682/

I am sure of some of them!
Himalayas,Yellow River,Deccan,Ceylon

But one of them is covered by "AGE",I'am not sure.

Anybody know it?

I'm chinese.My English is not very well.
AuthorReplies:
Qazitory
HG Alumnus
posted 08-20-07 06:43 AM EDT (US)     1 / 16       
The one you're missing is pretty likely Mongolia.
Nice catch by the way

•Qazitory•
•AoE3 rating: Qazitory
My AoE3:TWC mods: QazUI - Treasure - Main Menu - Low Lag HC - Deck selection•
•Guide my keystrokes, keep my programs alive, protect me from viruses, back up my drive.•
Takk
Skirmisher
(id: Luke_Feanor)
posted 08-20-07 06:59 AM EDT (US)     2 / 16       
Good spot - Himalayas sounds intruiging. Lots of mountains and little space to maneuver I'm guessing.

Lucas is boss.
George_III
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 08:57 AM EDT (US)     3 / 16       
Just like good ol' Rockies.
Legioona
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 09:35 AM EDT (US)     4 / 16       
The map could only be a loader image for Silkroad map...? Besides what on earth is the use of 'Ceylon' map?

Putting the "sensual" back in "nonconsensual" since 2006.
DocRobert
Skirmisher
(id: King Bob VI)
posted 08-20-07 10:13 AM EDT (US)     5 / 16       
Khaleb
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 10:19 AM EDT (US)     6 / 16       
I doubt that a single map would cover all that territory, Legioona. Maybe it shows that on the maps that are crossed by the dotted line special "silk-road-rules" apply?
akib99
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 10:44 AM EDT (US)     7 / 16       
Well Ceylon is Sri Lanka, so the map im guessing is either, just the island itself surrounded by water, or the tip of india and the island.
Ca Putt
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 11:15 AM EDT (US)     8 / 16       
great find!

don't forget there still is some land couvered by the III so, there will be at least, ... hmm 7 including honshu with was mentioned earlyer .
banditobill
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 01:07 PM EDT (US)     9 / 16       
I like akib's idea for Ceylon. At first, all I could think of was a Hispanolia clone. IDK much about the history of the island though, other then the recent violence. Can anybody suggest some possible unique elements?

Also, after wiki-ind Deccan, I'm excited for that map. It will be beautiful.

Finally, does anybody else think that the Silk Road map will feature a different random terrain, depending on what segment of the trade route is depected?

Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

I'm Avarice58 on ESO. I'm horrible, but feel free to talk, and maybe we'll have a game sometime
Alexastor
AoEO Seraph
(id: Kastor)
posted 08-20-07 01:42 PM EDT (US)     10 / 16       
banditobill
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 01:45 PM EDT (US)     11 / 16       
I'm liking the looks of Ceylon Xastor. Seems like a good candidate for ATP to me.

Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

I'm Avarice58 on ESO. I'm horrible, but feel free to talk, and maybe we'll have a game sometime
NATron
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 02:02 PM EDT (US)     12 / 16       
It looks just like I thought it would... a Hispaniola clone with the exception of a trade route and water treasures.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I heard distant forests all the time - CunniJA
I found my Jabra!
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 08-20-07 02:18 PM EDT (US)     13 / 16       
Lot of map space with no identifiable labels...covered by the AOE III logo. Most importantly, Indochina/Thailand, Malay Archipelago, Southern China/Yunnan, Japan (see a tiny bit of Kyushu at far right, with the continuation of Silk Road on it), and a territorial double line suggesting an additonal map region west of Deccan and south of Himalaya, which might show up as Indus or Pakistan or some such.

Can't see it on the fragment at all but hoping there's a Korea map and maybe even a Kamchatka map. (I'd like to have some serious battleship games with Japan vs. Russia )

Anyone else hoping the Ceylon map would have a bit of mainland India in it so players could fight over the water to see who colonizes the island/mainland?

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
Sponge of Honor
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 03:29 PM EDT (US)     14 / 16       
HeHe Kamtchatka... Random earthquakes! Volcano eruptions! Acid rains! Failed Crops! Pyroclastic clouds! Ash rain! Acid water! Yehaaa!

Probably not but i have my hopes.

Please note that while you are reading this text you should have thought about the fact that the end of the world is going on outside.

Homepage

Theikos Morfi
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 05:33 PM EDT (US)     15 / 16       
I thought I read somewhere that there would only be four new maps... not that I'm complaining if I'm wrong, of course.

Also, is it significant that that ship belongs to the Spanish? I suppose it could simply be that they were testing out the unit by itself, not worrying about the civ, but still...
Ca Putt
Skirmisher
posted 08-21-07 09:57 AM EDT (US)     16 / 16       
its probably just a "editor test rather than a actual game, i think
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames