You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.17 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Indian muskets?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Indian muskets?
Red Coat_monkey
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 06:58 AM EDT (US)         
Looking at pics me and my mate relised that there seems to be a different type of indian musket.

he has a bigger turban with mainly light brown and a blue scarf thing tied round him, whereas the more common musket what i thought be the sepoy has coloured trouser. is this a unit they were going to implament and removed or a campaign unit or somthing?

a clear differece can be seen on pic 36 in the gallery wot i mean

arga fort 2 muskets

theres what i thought was the gurkha 2 of them by the entrance to the fort

then their are the two guys right next to them on the mountain is the one that is confussing me (note the gaitors and making the trousers to knee height)

these are clearly different to the blue trousers of the people on the trade route below the mountain who i thought were the sepoys (these guys have larger team coloured trousers right down to the ankel)

[This message has been edited by Red Coat_monkey (edited 08-21-2007 @ 05:12 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Linuchadnezzar
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 07:05 AM EDT (US)     1 / 17       
Maybe something like skirms? Not every guy with a gun is a musketeer.

ḼĮЙЦḈԊДĐ₦ḜẔДЯ
Modding for: Knights and Barbarians

EMPIRES RISE AND FALL BUT HEROES LIVE FOREVER

[This message has been edited by Linuchadnezzar (edited 08-20-2007 @ 07:05 AM).]

Red Coat_monkey
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 07:20 AM EDT (US)     2 / 17       
yeah i know that muskets are just smooth bore guns that normally fire shots muzzle loaded, but they are the majority of the guns in the time period covered, breach loaders arent really common place yet even at the end of imperial.

it doesnt really matter what definition you want to give it though, there is a difference between the 3 guys in that one picture.

gurkhas play the role of skirms though...

my point is are the a unit or have they been dropped?
its like the other melee india had with the sword and the shield no one really has seemed to picked up on this.
DayoftheNinja
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 10:28 AM EDT (US)     3 / 17       
The unit is most likely a gurkha, a rifle armed unit from north india, which, in TAD, takes place of the Skirm.

Lead designer for The War of the Triple Alliance Mod
"It's a trap, for noobs. Looks like you're a noob, congratulations. Read the instructions this time."
-Lord Tahattus
"Most SDers don't have any knowledge on scripting. We do. You can impress them but not us."
-invent00r
Red Coat_monkey
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 10:34 AM EDT (US)     4 / 17       
look at the pic there are 3 men
gurkha
sepoy
and another 1?

it doesnt matter which is which there are 3 are they all going to appear or has the 3rd been removed?
CunniJA
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 12:16 PM EDT (US)     5 / 17       
Well, they said the Indian Musketeers wil be Sepoys. They are stronger than Euros' but weaker than Janissaries.
banditobill
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 01:15 PM EDT (US)     6 / 17       
Maybe one of the units is from the Sufi minor tribe? Isn't that sect common to the north of the subcontinent, in parts of India and Pakistan? I'm going off something I vague remember reading in National Geo a couple days ago.

Edit: I'm pretty sure we don't have a minor native equivelent of a musket yet...

Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

I'm Avarice58 on ESO. I'm horrible, but feel free to talk, and maybe we'll have a game sometime

[This message has been edited by banditobill (edited 08-20-2007 @ 01:16 PM).]

Red Coat_monkey
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 02:27 PM EDT (US)     7 / 17       
true that might be what it is as there is what seems to be a native post behind the fort, that little white tent.

it might also be a merc that india/asians get

althought looking at this pic as well there is alot of that type which is what confusses me as well

musket? its taken off of gamespot pic which is much clearer

(sorry if this is an akward way of doing it)

[This message has been edited by Red Coat_monkey (edited 08-20-2007 @ 02:31 PM).]

Cancer of the Head
Skirmisher
(id: say1988)
posted 08-20-07 05:18 PM EDT (US)     8 / 17       
It could be the Indian Irregular, a native unit, or, if they don't exist in the same picture (and I only see two units in the one linked, but I ain't the best at seeing little things), there could have been an art change, or it could be a shipped unit (TEAM shipment or merc).

Think of the number of gun units a Euro civ can have, including natives and mercs (most have 3 without shipments).
Red Coat_monkey
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 05:40 PM EDT (US)     9 / 17       
yeah they are things that i thought of in the arga fort pic they are all in the same pic thats whats created the confusion

there you go ive sorted pics out now so its clearer to see what i mean

[This message has been edited by Red Coat_monkey (edited 08-20-2007 @ 05:56 PM).]

AI Guy
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 07:17 PM EDT (US)     10 / 17       
Forest Prowlers have muskets...

posted 08-20-07 11:19 PM EDT (US)     11 / 17       
Yeah, apparently so do Tomahawks... who knew?
AI Guy
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-07 11:24 PM EDT (US)     12 / 17       
Tomahawks hurl muskets into the air? XD

posted 08-21-07 04:56 PM EDT (US)     13 / 17       
I think the bottom two pics look like the same unit. Maybe the different colors are player color.

Lead designer for The War of the Triple Alliance Mod
"It's a trap, for noobs. Looks like you're a noob, congratulations. Read the instructions this time."
-Lord Tahattus
"Most SDers don't have any knowledge on scripting. We do. You can impress them but not us."
-invent00r
Red Coat_monkey
Skirmisher
posted 08-21-07 05:08 PM EDT (US)     14 / 17       
look at the trousers they are different
the middle pic he is wearing gaiters and has no sword (scmitar?) where as the bottom pic is missing gaitors and has a sword (scmitar?)
Hoddo
Skirmisher
posted 08-22-07 03:46 AM EDT (US)     15 / 17       
did ever occur to anyone that one of them maybe the campaign hero??????

^_^_^ AOE3^_^ ^_^

[This message has been edited by Hoddo (edited 08-22-2007 @ 05:32 AM).]

Linuchadnezzar
Skirmisher
posted 08-22-07 05:19 AM EDT (US)     16 / 17       
did ever occur to anyone that they maybe the campaign heroes?????? well the ones without the turban
There's no person on the whole dem image who doesn't wear a tulban. (Well in fact, probably the guy on the ellie doesn't but he hasn't got a gun)

ḼĮЙЦḈԊДĐ₦ḜẔДЯ
Modding for: Knights and Barbarians

EMPIRES RISE AND FALL BUT HEROES LIVE FOREVER
Red Coat_monkey
Skirmisher
posted 08-22-07 05:48 AM EDT (US)     17 / 17       
well seeing that there are whole armies of them i doubt they are heros.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames