You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.16 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » TAD goes gold!
Bottom
Topic Subject:TAD goes gold!
Alex
(VIP) Reverie World Studios
(id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
posted 09-28-07 01:44 PM EDT (US)         
The Asian Dynasties, which will hit shelves on the 23rd, has finally made its way up to gold status.
Microsoft Game Studios today announced that the eagerly awaited “Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties,” the second expansion pack for “Age of Empires III,” has gone gold and will hit retailers throughout North America on Oct. 23rd.

From renowned real-time strategy developers Big Huge Games and Ensemble Studios, “Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties” introduces gamers to Asian civilizations and a host of new gameplay features. Players will experience firsthand the rich and historical influences of Asia while commanding their units and expanding their empire in the Eastern world.

In addition to the introduction of playable Asian civilizations to Age of Empires III, the expansion pack provides new content, new ways of winning and trading, random map styles that feature remixes of classic “Age of Empires” game styles, and the return of Wonders - a favorite gameplay element in “Age of Empires II.” These new features will coincide with the basic core gameplay of “Age of Empires III” that gamers have come to know and love. “Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties” will also ship as a Games for Windows title with easier installation, enhanced reliability standards and support for key Windows Vista features, including the Games Explorer and Parental Controls.

“Age of Empires” and real-time strategy buffs can pick up "Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties” for the estimated retail price of $29.99 for Windows. “Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties” is rated “T” for Teen, for gamers 13 years old and above. “Age of Empires III” is required to play “Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties.” For more information, please visit www.ageofempires3.com.

Let the countdown begin!

AuthorReplies:
nidhog_slayer
Skirmisher
posted 09-28-07 02:23 PM EDT (US)     1 / 16       
so demo in 1-3 days... cool!
gunner1
Scenario Expert
posted 09-28-07 02:37 PM EDT (US)     2 / 16       
demo...great, i am not sure about it coming out that soon though.

Scenarios I have made
Single Player-: CAMPAIGN - Christmas - Forest River RPG - Total Freedom
MultiPlayer-: Castle Blood Automatic - Mafia Hitman - Warrior Defence
ESO = sandstorm....................................................................................."I won the bet on 1.04!"
IJsthee
Skirmisher
posted 09-28-07 04:11 PM EDT (US)     3 / 16       
i guess the demo will be available tuesday..and i also hope so of course..
AFF92
Skirmisher
posted 09-28-07 04:22 PM EDT (US)     4 / 16       
Wait, how do we know the demo is coming Tuesday?

TAD ROX
IJsthee
Skirmisher
posted 09-28-07 04:35 PM EDT (US)     5 / 16       
it's just a guess.. ES usually releases patches on Tuesdays i believe and they said the demo is coming very soon..

[This message has been edited by IJsthee (edited 09-28-2007 @ 04:39 PM).]

Eicho
Skirmisher
posted 09-28-07 05:14 PM EDT (US)     6 / 16       
If i install the demo, whe i buy the real game, i ahve to unistall the demo or somethign or just install real TAD?
Cancer of the Head
Skirmisher
(id: say1988)
posted 09-28-07 05:31 PM EDT (US)     7 / 16       
so demo in 1-3 days... cool!
Where is this from (I couldn't get the link to work), but based on TWC, it will be about 2 weeks. Which leaves about 2 weeks 'till release, like TWC.
The Timid Fool
Skirmisher
posted 09-28-07 07:00 PM EDT (US)     8 / 16       
They've confirmed TAD's release date is October 23. . .so I don't really know when the demo will come out, but since they just went Gold it could come out anytime!

("`-''-/*).___..--''"`-._
`6_ 6 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`)
(_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-'
_..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'
(((' (((-((('' ((((
"Black holes are where God divided by zero" -Steve Wright
saukoon
Skirmisher
posted 09-28-07 11:18 PM EDT (US)     9 / 16       
If i install the demo, whe i buy the real game, i ahve to unistall the demo or somethign or just install real TAD?
Normally the installer of the 'real' game would requires you to uninstall the demo version.

And most of the time the save games are not compatible across the versions. However since this is a great game that we all waited for, I don't see problem replaying some of the campaigns that we have played in the demo right?
gasser
Skirmisher
posted 09-29-07 01:31 AM EDT (US)     10 / 16       
when will it come out in europe?
Cancer of the Head
Skirmisher
posted 09-29-07 10:06 AM EDT (US)     11 / 16       
They've confirmed TAD's release date is October 23. . .so I don't really know when the demo will come out, but since they just went Gold it could come out anytime!
Yep, it is to be released about 4 weeks from going gold, same as TWC. For TWC the demo came out in the middle of that period. That is what I am basing my 2 weeks on.
Normally the installer of the 'real' game would requires you to uninstall the demo version.
I had AoE3 and its demo installed at the same time. But it is a pointless waste of your hard drive and you should uninstall it.
Mikheil
Skirmisher
posted 09-29-07 12:51 PM EDT (US)     12 / 16       
this is sweet. in couple of week the most anticipated expansion i've been waiting will be out !!!
ALAMO23
Skirmisher
posted 09-30-07 00:44 AM EDT (US)     13 / 16       
I can't wait!!!!

maybe the beginning of October or after maybe *worries*

[This message has been edited by ALAMO23 (edited 09-30-2007 @ 00:46 AM).]

Eicho
Skirmisher
posted 10-03-07 09:44 PM EDT (US)     14 / 16       
I dont understand that it has "gone gold"..

it is that now you can buy all AOE3+TWC+TAD in one pack?

what does "going gold" do?
The Timid Fool
Skirmisher
posted 10-03-07 10:01 PM EDT (US)     15 / 16       
Means they are done making game and starting to get it ready for release

("`-''-/*).___..--''"`-._
`6_ 6 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`)
(_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-'
_..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'
(((' (((-((('' ((((
"Black holes are where God divided by zero" -Steve Wright
Cancer of the Head
Skirmisher
posted 10-03-07 10:04 PM EDT (US)     16 / 16       
"Gone gold" means that the final (release) version has been set. This is the version that goes into mass production. This term comes from the use of a gold master disc to be copied to produce the actual CDs that we buy.

It in and of itself has no real impact, but is a notable milestone in game production and release.

What you are referring to, Gold Edition, is simply the release of the original game bundled with an x-pack (AoE3+TWC gold edition comes out sometime soon if it hasn't already, though with subsequent x-packs it is often given different terms, such as platinum edition). The two terms are not connected at all.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames