You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.16 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » So...just to get this straight...
Bottom
Topic Subject:So...just to get this straight...
Myth_dracon
Skirmisher
posted 09-30-07 08:48 PM EDT (US)         
If I have TAD, can I play with someone who has Warchiefs and TAD? (I'm guessing yes)

If so, what kind of features are available and which aren't? (I'm guessing Revolution, Trade Monopoly, Saloons and Treaty will still be available in TAD, but you won't be able to play AS or AGAINST Warchiefs native races right? Or on Warchiefs maps, yes?)

What would happen if a game occurred on, say, an original Age III map between a vanilla Age III player and a Warchiefs Age III player--would the natives be old Age III natives (Aztecs, Iroquois, Lakota) or would they be new Age III natives (Zapotecs, Cherokee, Cheyenne)?

OR would the map simply be unplayable? :O

If my friend only has the original Age III and I have Warchiefs and TAD, would I need to insert the original Age III to play with him, or could I just use my TAD disc?

When do you guys think TAD will be released for the Mac? Warchiefs was released for the Mac about 11 months after it was released for the PC, so I'm guessing TAD will take about the same amount of time to port to the Mac?

Why do Mac games take so long to get published? (I've never understood this.) Are there graphical issues or such that take ages to sort out before it gets released? Or just licensing and such?
AuthorReplies:
The Timid Fool
Skirmisher
posted 09-30-07 10:34 PM EDT (US)     1 / 16       
I think I can answer a few of your questions.

1. Yes, you can play with someone that has TWC+TAD if you have TAD

2. When you are in a game like that, you will only have the TAD features, the stuff that you both have - so no revolutions, saloons (unles you play on that one map),etc.

3. The natives would be the vanilla natives, you'd have to play vanilla AOE3 anyway for that game.

4. Yes,you would have to insert and play vanilla AOE3 for that game

5. Probably about the same amount of time after PC as Warchiefs did

6. It takes so long (educated guess) because Mac is a different operating system than Windows, so they probably have to re-write some stuff, then go through the legal goodies.

Hope that helped!

("`-''-/*).___..--''"`-._
`6_ 6 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`)
(_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-'
_..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'
(((' (((-((('' ((((
"Black holes are where God divided by zero" -Steve Wright

[This message has been edited by The Timid Fool (edited 09-30-2007 @ 11:17 PM).]

Thor of Fire
Skirmisher
posted 09-30-07 10:34 PM EDT (US)     2 / 16       
Nope the only warchiefs content you get is a sallon a certain map.

"Faith is beliving in something you know doesn't exist"-Mark Twain 98% of the internet population has a myspace if you are part of the two percent that can resist this stupid fad copy and paste this onto your signature, besides facebook just is the best period.
Eso1=Bronco29
Eso2=Bronco28
Ossian
Skirmisher
posted 10-01-07 00:02 AM EDT (US)     3 / 16       
I believe you have all TWC content besides TWC civs on Tad, so Euro civs will ave petards and upgraded cards, I believe this simply because they wouldn't make you have to pick a deck for aoe3, TWC, tad, and TWC + tad.

also it makes balance a whole lot easier because you won't disable TWC content and have half your cards/units vanish.

*WINDOWS CRITICAL ERROR 19891126*
Product ID: Ossian Discontinued
Contact your network admin for more details
about this special edition of player...

Allthough cetans are darker, did you know that if you read the word 'cetan' as a dutch word, that you get the same sound as when reading 'satan' in english.-Furby Killer
DayoftheNinja
Skirmisher
posted 10-01-07 05:08 PM EDT (US)     4 / 16       
I think Ossian's right, besides, not only can europeans start with a saloon, but the asian monastery builds outlaws. And besides, how could you not get a trade monopoly in Asia?

Lead designer for The War of the Triple Alliance Mod
"It's a trap, for noobs. Looks like you're a noob, congratulations. Read the instructions this time."
-Lord Tahattus
"Most SDers don't have any knowledge on scripting. We do. You can impress them but not us."
-invent00r
Thor of Fire
Skirmisher
posted 10-01-07 08:05 PM EDT (US)     5 / 16       
No you are not getting twc content this question has been answered millions of times ossian is wrong.

"Faith is beliving in something you know doesn't exist"-Mark Twain 98% of the internet population has a myspace if you are part of the two percent that can resist this stupid fad copy and paste this onto your signature, besides facebook just is the best period.
Eso1=Bronco29
Eso2=Bronco28
Drakontos
Skirmisher
posted 10-01-07 08:27 PM EDT (US)     6 / 16       
I'm fairly sure Ossian is right. It makes much more sense. If you have TAD and TWC and play against someone with only TWC, you can't use TAD maps or civilisations. Same goes for playing against TAD - you can't use TWC maps/civs.

So that the decks work, TAD comes with all the TWC content except the TWC-only maps and civilisations. I assume the maps will have updated minor natives, however.

PROCRASTINATE NOT · JAMAIS ARRIERE

[This message has been edited by Drakontos (edited 10-01-2007 @ 08:29 PM).]

falkstrife
Skirmisher
posted 10-01-07 09:31 PM EDT (US)     7 / 16       
I think what happened is that several months ago ES said that TAD would have the TWC content (i.e. new shipments etc.) then Thunder made a mistake saying that no TWC content would be included which he later corrected.

Look at it logically, why would they say that someone with TWC + TAD can play with someone with just TAD if there was no TWC content... wouldn't they therefore simply be playing vanilla.

ofcourse we never will really know until its released, or the demo ofcourse.

(\__/) ESO - Falkstrife
(O.o ) “He who defends everything defends nothing.”
(> < ) -Friedrich der Große
U¯U
Thor of Fire
Skirmisher
posted 10-01-07 10:47 PM EDT (US)     8 / 16       
No it doesnt i am sorry but you are only getting a saloon nothing else. No new decks and stuff.

Eso1=Bronco29
Eso2=Bronco28
Cancer of the Head
Skirmisher
(id: say1988)
posted 10-01-07 11:07 PM EDT (US)     9 / 16       
I think what happened is that several months ago ES said that TAD would have the TWC content (i.e. new shipments etc.) then Thunder made a mistake saying that no TWC content would be included which he later corrected.
Nope. ES and BHG have said no TWC content since I started reading about TAD, long before Thunder said anything here.
Though, so far saloons, treaty and trade monopoly have been confirmed.
Look at it logically, why would they say that someone with TWC + TAD can play with someone with just TAD if there was no TWC content... wouldn't they therefore simply be playing vanilla.
Actually, it was said that a person with TWC and TAD can play against someone with just TAD, providing they don't use any TAD content.

I think it would be best to include all non-civ content and allow TAD people to play with (but not as) Natives in multiplayer would be best, as it would keep from fracturing the community.
Ultra_Janissary
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-07 01:31 AM EDT (US)     10 / 16       
If you have TAD + TWC...
And you are playing with someone with only TWC then you can't use TAD content.
And you are playing with someone with only TAD then you can't use TWC content except Trade Monopoly , Treaty , and saloons.
And you are playing with someone with only Vanilla then you have to use the Vanilla disk.
Anything else is the other way around.
Simple as that.
falkstrife
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-07 05:43 PM EDT (US)     11 / 16       
I wonder how they are going to balance it if no TWC european content is included.

if TAD plays against TWC+TAD, no TWC content is available. so asians will play against essentially vanilla europeans.

if TAD+TWC plays against TWC+TAD, those same asians will play against TWC Europeans with shipment cards that can have a great effect on gameplay.

Now you may probably be right that the Euros wont be getting their TWC cards and shipments in TAD, but it's only logical to have TWC euro content in TAD because it will make things alot easier to balance. Do they really want to go through an even more daunting balance nightmare?

(\__/) ESO - Falkstrife
U¯U
Ossian
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-07 11:54 PM EDT (US)     12 / 16       
So your going to have TWC Decks that have cards with 25% gathering bonus, then have another deck for tad + twc that makes those cards 20% like aoe3?

No, so in a way they will be making aoe3 cards like TWC cards with TAD in a sense I am right.
I don't care how you look at it, you will be getting more then a saloon in TaD

Also if Thunder made a mistake about a saloon being in the game, I'll bet fair money on there being petards and horse artillery.

Ask thunder yourself if you don't think so, I believe when they said no TWC content I'm pretty certain they meant no Native American civs, he said he was mistaken about there being no TWC content, he didn't say that the saloon was the only thing he was mistaken about.

*WINDOWS CRITICAL ERROR 19891126*
Product ID: Ossian Discontinued
Contact your network admin for more details
about this special edition of player...

Allthough cetans are darker, did you know that if you read the word 'cetan' as a dutch word, that you get the same sound as when reading 'satan' in english.-Furby Killer
Cancer of the Head
Skirmisher
posted 10-03-07 10:14 AM EDT (US)     13 / 16       
So your going to have TWC Decks that have cards with 25% gathering bonus, then have another deck for tad + twc that makes those cards 20% like aoe3?
I doubt that one. Even if TWC cards aren't included, the modified cards will likely remain changed.
ALAMO23
Skirmisher
posted 10-03-07 07:52 PM EDT (US)     14 / 16       
The Asian Dynasties introduces three new civilizations: China, Japan, and India. Each will have its own campaign of five missions each, covering different periods in history. There are a slew of new maps, covering the Silk Road, Borneo, Siberia, and more. You can, of course, take any of these Asian civilizations and play them in skirmish against other Age of Empires III civilization on any map. If you have the WarChiefs expansion, you can play against those civilizations as well.

Link

Fixed the URL

[This message has been edited by Cherub Walker (edited 10-03-2007 @ 08:45 PM).]

falkstrife
Skirmisher
posted 10-04-07 09:30 AM EDT (US)     15 / 16       
If no TWC euro content is going to be in TAD, then why does the TAD trailer have all the TWC Euro cards like land grab, elmeti, horse artillery, spies, et cetera?

(\__/) ESO - Falkstrife
U¯U
Cancer of the Head
Skirmisher
posted 10-04-07 04:42 PM EDT (US)     16 / 16       
Because the demo was created with TWC installed?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames