You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Install demo problems....help!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Install demo problems....help!
bollox2000
Skirmisher
posted 10-04-07 11:11 AM EDT (US)         
I have downloaded the TAD demo and everything went fine but when I come to install it I keep getting this error message:

'Error 1335. The cabinet file 'Data1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and acnnot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.'

It then gives me an option of aborting, retrying or ignoring. I have tried all of these options and they all terminate the installation. I have also tried installing it again from my downloaded file but keep getting the same error message evertime at a certain point in the installation. I have also tried downloading a new demo file from a different website but get the same problem.

Can anyone please help?
AuthorReplies:
Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 10-04-07 12:26 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
Maybe the problem is with your Age of Empires III. Try to answer these questions:

a) Do you have AoE3 installed?
b) If yes, are you sure you're installing TAD in the right directory?
c) If yes, do you have any mods installed?

The answers should be: Yes, Yes, No

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
Litude
Skirmisher
posted 10-04-07 03:52 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
Does The Asian Dynasties demo actually require the retail version of AoE3? If I recall correctly, The War Chiefs demo did not, and neither did AoM: The Titans so I'd find it strange if it actually did (and it's 600MB, 100MB more than TWC demo).
For me the error sounds like you got a corrupted download, I remeber experiencing something similar with the demo for AoE3. So in short, my solution would be to redownload.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames