You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Ottoman advantage on Silk Road
Bottom
Topic Subject:Ottoman advantage on Silk Road
RF_Gandalf
Skirmisher
posted 10-27-07 05:45 AM EDT (US)         
I was looking at the different new random maps and noted that in the Silk Road map there is a trigger that gives all Ottoman players 50 XP at the start of the game. I assume that is to counter their lack of ability to make early TPs with their starting wood. Any thoughts or comments?

That is the only unusual thing like this I have seen in the new maps.
AuthorReplies:
Cyclohexane
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-07 01:30 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
I noticed Japan gets 2 cherry orchards on some maps but have not had the chance to test them all. I also noticed a 15 population start (opposed to 10) but I havn't ran to many tests yet. Anyway to list these starting conditions to save me some time?

I am updating my Quick Reference Guide and it is taking me a long time just to enter in all the new information.

Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!................CYCLOHEXANE'S FREE GUIDES:

-TAD GUIDE: AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference -or view online: On-line
AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON SPREADSHEET: Unit Comparison Spreadsheet

See other guides, technological advancements, interviewing tips, and more at my website All Things Miscellaneous

[This message has been edited by Cyclohexane (edited 10-29-2007 @ 01:32 PM).]

g0tanks
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-07 01:42 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
The thing is, on Silk Road, you don't make TP's. You capture them.

So I don't see Ottoman's having any problems due to lack of wood for building TP's.
RF_Gandalf
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-07 03:12 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
gOtanks -
You do not understand - one Ottoman advantage is that they get a bunch of starting wood instead of food (since they cannot make vills). One usual Ottoman strategy is to use that wood to make one or more trading posts in the early part of the game to boost their weak economy. Since they cannot build any TPs on Silk Road and since there is not a lot else to do with that wood until they can build a barracks, this helps them a little.
At least I think that is the general idea.
Tungsten_Knight
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-07 03:16 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
Japan starts with 2 cherry orchards on maps with little to no starting berries.
g0tanks
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-07 04:24 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
Oh.

Don't mind me, i'm just a big n00b xD
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames