You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Japanese...
Bottom
Topic Subject:Japanese...
Bean7
Skirmisher
posted 10-28-07 02:18 PM EDT (US)         
Alright, so I started playing Chinese exclusively, but immediately was called "lame," etc for the sterotype that all Chinese players use disciples.

I quit playing Chinese, to see the other Asian civs..and came upon Japan.

When I was Chinese, I would beat India easily, but Japan I had a hard time with. NOW I can beat India easily as Japan, but I have a hard time with the Chinese.

They age up with the white pagoda, and spam the Disciples. I play defensively by building everything behind my TC. I build Yumi/Ashagaru...and possibly a castle if I have the resources. However, I still lose, especially when they ship the Steppe Riders.

I can out-micro 'em...but I still end up losing. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-blake
AuthorReplies:
George_III
Skirmisher
posted 10-28-07 03:41 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
Go Dutch, FF and spam halbs + skirms and possibly cannons.

-George
AceOfKings
Skirmisher
posted 10-28-07 03:47 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
Never tried, but being a Japanese player i would go with building naginata in age 2, plus shipping each of the yumi and ashigaru shipments twice.

ESO= AceOfKings
Current: AOE3 TAD
nidhog_slayer
Skirmisher
posted 10-28-07 03:59 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
kill monk, and pwn disciples with ronin, do taunt 21 while you take china´s tc out. GG
KenjiCXT
Skirmisher
posted 10-28-07 04:58 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
Well, seeing as disciples are basically like Coyote Runners you'll need Muskets to counter, and guess what, Cookiecrisp wrote up a perfect guide for that, namely the JAMM, or the "Japanese Ashigaru Musketeer Mangle".

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=15,33618,0,10

Good Luck.

Q: How do I get veteran skirms as the dutch?
- you have to buy the upgrade in the the barracks lol it should be under the skimiser logo. -you have to be in age3 to get veteran and age 4 to get guard.
After realizing they get automatically upgraded:
- o right i play brits so i just guessed.....thats slighly embarrasing lol

"Ah, the wonderful smell of failure!" - George_III on a full-capslocked topic.
Jewdochop
Skirmisher
posted 10-28-07 05:11 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
Yea, the JAMM guide is great for china, india can be abit harder. but the name of the game is rush.

I've honestly never ran into a disciple spam, most chinese players i get just CKN/PIKE spam. which i would GUESS would work better. what japan does best imo, is rushing. FFing i havent tried, because rushing works great.
John Xenir
Skirmisher
posted 10-28-07 09:20 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
Does anybody know how to heal troops with Japan?

EDIT: Nevermind, now I noticed the other thread. How I delete this message?

[This message has been edited by John Xenir (edited 10-28-2007 @ 09:24 PM).]

Epierce41
Skirmisher
posted 10-28-07 11:04 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
Jap FF seems to be effective as well. All in all they seem to be a very balanced civ.

I usually go for a FF but with the Tori Gates wonder, which gives you a barracks at colonial. That way, if I see a rush coming, I can delay the FF and start sending/building troops without too much of a detriment. This of course relies heavily on scouting out a rush though.

Admittedly, I've never tried a Jap rush, but I guess that's just not my style. They seem to be able to defend a rush well enough though, as long as you see it coming. Yumi own in Colonial... and overall it seems.
Bean7
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-07 08:03 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
Yes. However, I've been getting hammered by the Chinese, and Russian, who just overpower me with more units...

However, I don't have a level 25 hc yet, and plan on getting some naginata cards for colonial, especially because of these 2 troublesome civs...

-blake
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames