porsche_908
Skirmisher
posted 10-28-07 08:44 PM EDT (US)         
In my experience with the Flying crow, I find them:
-Slow
-Weaker against infantry than its stats would suggest
-Underpowered
-Slow at being produced
-Why do they need 7 pop when they are so much weaker than heavy cannons?

Nevertheless, they look pretty cool, and seem to be quite durable.

However, after one of them dies, it would make a beautiful explosion. Does that explosion actually do damage to nearby units?
AuthorReplies:
BasketballOSU
Skirmisher
posted 10-28-07 08:57 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
Do they really take 7 pop? Good lord...
Iconic
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-07 07:49 AM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
I find them to do tremendous damage. Unfortunately, you'll get maybe 1-3 in a typical game, especially since you'd be kind of retarded to build the C.A. wonder for colonial when the porcelein tower or summer palace help you much more to get on your feet, and you can use the monk/disciples wonder to do cheesy disciple rushes.

If the game goes long enough, you can ship 3 as part of an army package, and 2 as a recurring shipment, on top of whatever your wonder pumps out. I don't know if you want to include 2-3 cards in a deck just in case you get to industrial, especially considering how many OTHER good cards there are for industrial.
paxx0r
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-07 09:39 AM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
I think the fireworks explosion that plays when the crow dies is just an animation. I don't think it damages units.
Qazitory
HG Alumnus
posted 10-29-07 10:13 AM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
They aren't too powerful and take a lot of pop, but unlike heavy cannons, if you don't have the pop when they're finished, they stay on the queue. Takes a long time to train too, but so far I don't think they're that bad.

Aging up with that wonder is a great option for fortress, since you get 10 arquebusiers. A couple of minutes later, you get a flying crow.

•Qazitory•
•AoE3 rating: Qazitory
My AoE3:TWC mods: QazUI - Treasure - Main Menu - Low Lag HC - Deck selection•
•Guide my keystrokes, keep my programs alive, protect me from viruses, back up my drive.•
GreatViet
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-07 11:09 AM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
at least i think they should have an upgrade at the wonder in IV, to reduce train time of the flying crow ...
nidhog_slayer
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-07 11:37 AM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
If im not wrong, training time cards affect them...
Shadow Shade
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-07 11:42 AM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
Agreed they need some kind of upgrade to reduce train time because as it is now it's just too slow and the cards that affects its train time only reduce it by 25% which just isn't close enough to make the wonder at all usefull.
Eicho
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-07 03:59 PM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
Flaying Crow auto-upgrade at every age. (i think).
So they arent that good in Colonial..
Myth_dracon
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-07 02:27 AM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
Still, I think flying crows are among the coolest units in the game, if only for their fireworks explosion animation and their overall box-like look. Much more interesting than a normal falconet.
John Xenir
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-07 02:10 PM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
Is there a way to stop training Flying Crow? Although with that rate you don't even need to bother with it.
Myth_dracon
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-07 03:14 PM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
You can't stop the training from finishing, but you can stop the Crow from coming out by destroying the wonder, or if their population is at max the timer will just wait until there's space before the Crow comes out.
Vivacious
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-07 09:49 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
Flying Crow is a Chinese player's best friend during Treaty games =P.

Actually, I think they'd be pretty formidable stat-wise once we throw in the 40% Damage and HP in cards. Especially with that huge area of attack as well. Long as you keep a steady mob of infantry to cover the Crows, they'll wreck some havoc.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames