You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Asian FFs?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Asian FFs?
Lord_Richjp
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-07 02:43 PM EDT (US)         
How well do you people with TAD feel the Asians can FF? I would expect it should be hard because you need vills on your wonder and they can be shot, and because wonders go down faster than TCs, so is it possible to FF?

Following on from that, is it possible for India to FF for elephants/ghurkas well?

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
AuthorReplies:
PlasmaDogPlasma
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-07 02:52 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
You don't really need any villagers on your wonder for it to build. If I were FFing I would let the Dicovery-Colonial wonder build itself while I gathered resources to go Fort and then use villagers to build the 2nd wonder.

If I was doing it as India I would also probably use the ceasefire wonder that gives you 500g (that's not bad!) as first wonder. Finally I would use pet tigers to try and help get me there.

India does have 2 Ghurka cards and plenty of elephant cards in Fort.

[This message has been edited by PlasmaDogPlasma (edited 10-29-2007 @ 02:53 PM).]

Beatnik Joe
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-07 03:27 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
I've really enjoyed FFing with China. In fact, it's the only strat I've ever attempted with them. Admittedly, I haven't run into very much aggressive opposition to my FF attempts up until now, so I'm likely to be singing a different tune if I face a hard rush.

Strategies:
- BWKiC - A British Fast Fortress strategy
- The Aztec Scout Slam- An Envoy Rush, Native-Style
Roark
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-07 03:38 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
Both FF and semi-FF seem very viable with china

ESO: Naevius
DominatorGREP
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-07 06:24 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
I can do a pretty good FF with China. I also came across an Indian opponent who attempted a semi-ff. It was basically using Taj Mahal to Colonial and sending the 300 export card in colonial for 6 redcoats, using the ceasefire ability as well if necessary (he failed though, because he accidentally activated the ceasefire ability when it was unnecessary and I was doing a full out rush).

From Agecommunity:
"French:
Pros: Powerful coureurs, many choices for a powerful army, a card gives the explorer the ability to heal
Cons: Expensive vills and Cuirassiers."
LOL
AceOfKings
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-07 06:26 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
Parfait just beat me nicely with a Indian Agra Fort FF. So yes, its possible.

ESO= AceOfKings
Current: AOE3 TAD
Bean7
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-07 10:16 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
To all those FFing Chinese players...Japan is a huge opposition to face if you don't take them down (due to those vill cards, as well as the team castle card which seems awesome in a team game...2nd age? That's amazing). Basically, I'm falling for Japan, as my starting civ: China is quickly being picked up by the good players...and a LOT of them...

India also has a very nasty sepoy/gurkha rush...

-blake
Epierce41
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-07 01:44 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
I've found Japan's FF to be pretty effective. If you do a naked FF with 1 vil building your first wonder and send 600 gold immediately upon reaching Colonial, then have 8 vils build your second wonder, you can often get to Fortress in under 10 minutes. So far, I've done it once in under 9.

Of course you're screwed if your opponent rushes, but because it's so fast you can even do a semi-FF instead with a little rush defense and still get there pretty damn quickly.
LordPatrick18
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-07 02:52 PM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
I can hit Fortress with Japanese at 7:30, with 5 Yumis for defence, and then 6 Yumis coming upon hitting Fortress.

Congratulations Serge - Winner of the FFA Spring Series 2008
Epierce41
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-07 04:44 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
Nice, Patrick. In colonial, do you make use of the 600Gold shipment and then send the 5 Yumi?
LordPatrick18
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-07 04:57 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
Yeh, usually your Yumis will be there before his first wave. But there's another trick to it. I'm posting the strat tomorrow, so you'll see it then.

Congratulations Serge - Winner of the FFA Spring Series 2008
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames