You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Homecity only units/buildings
Bottom
Topic Subject:Homecity only units/buildings
Myth_dracon
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-07 02:35 AM EDT (US)         
Chinese:
None (Flying Crow? But that's through the wonder so it counts anyway I think)

Indians:
Urumi

Japanese:
Daimyo unit, Dojo buildings, Shogun unit

Any that I missed? How effective are the Urumi by the way? Overall I'm thinking Japanese have the best HC-only units/buildings, but I could be wrong.
AuthorReplies:
RF_Gandalf
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-07 06:09 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
India also gets War Elephants - usually available via the Sufi native site, and Jet Lancers . Not sure that this list is complete.
Myth_dracon
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-07 01:04 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
But the Jat Lancers are mercenaries, aren't they? Or are they really HC only units?
Unthinking_Pain
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-07 01:34 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
India gets Mahout Lancers, Howdahs, Siege Elephants and Flail Elephants. They are all buildable like normal troops. One of them sucks and rhymes with "Fail Elephants".

War Elephants are buildable at a Trading Post at Sufi minor native site.

Urumi is India's only unit that is only shippable, and they are very effective at their job. Jat Lancers are India-only merc (far as I can tell) that are similar to Elmeti/Lancers. They are buildable at the Monastery if you send a card (that is similar to the Euro Saloon card. Enables a merc (Jat Lancers instead of Ronin) and lowers the saloon-like units pop cost.)

[This message has been edited by Unthinking_Pain (edited 10-30-2007 @ 01:38 PM).]

FreeLance_FoX
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-07 03:58 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
When you say mercs and India in the same sentence, I also expect the word 'Arsonist' to come up. Comeon people! Arsonists are like UB3R-Grenadiers. They may not be worth 1000 gold for 6 in age 3, but I guarantee you that they are indeed powerful. In fact, they have 12 siege range and 140 siege damage. PLUS, they have great regular attack.

Also Urumis, which are fantastic. I don't think that the shipments you get are large enough to make an impact, but if you ship at least the 7 and 9 + mansabdar they can be great.

Also, of course, there are Jat Lancers. Nothing too special, but IIRC they have a large bonus vs villagers.

Homecity only buildings for India include the Mango Groves, obviously, which are great.

[This message has been edited by FreeLance_FoX (edited 10-30-2007 @ 04:02 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames