You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » India - Gurkha and the Arsenal
Bottom
Topic Subject:India - Gurkha and the Arsenal
The Timid Fool
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-07 12:14 PM EDT (US)         
Ok, I have been playing as India for a few days now (got TAD last Friday), and I have a few questions

What makes the Ghurkha better than normal skirmishers? How are they more powerful?

Does India have any way to get Arsenal techs like counter infantry rifling? I almost always got that when I played as a Euro

("`-''-/*).___..--''"`-._
`6_ 6 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`)
(_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-'
_..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'
(((' (((-((('' ((((
"Black holes are where God divided by zero" -Steve Wright
AuthorReplies:
Unthinking_Pain
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-07 12:38 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
They aren't more powerful. 1 more attack, 5 less hits, 20 more food, 15 less gold, 2 less range.... they're skirms with minor fiddling.

Gurkas are just good for clearing out the anti-Elephant troops (much like Skirms).

You cannot get CIR with India. Of the Asian civs, only Japan can get an Arsenal (via Dutch allies at the Consulate.)
The Timid Fool
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-07 01:30 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
I was kind of confused if they were better because all of the unit backgrounds of it say that its a powerful skirmisher. Heh, you can't trust those!

Too bad about the arsenal thing, those techs come in really helpful

("`-''-/*).___..--''"`-._
`6_ 6 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`)
(_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-'
_..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'
(((' (((-((('' ((((
"Black holes are where God divided by zero" -Steve Wright
Ranger General
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-07 04:49 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Gurkha gains +1 range with every barrack upgrade, so they end up with a range of 21 in imperial age. It can also be upgraded with "British East Indian Company" card(10% attack & 10% hp for sepoy, gurkha & sowars). India also have a card that boost all unit(including ships) with 5 % hp & 5% attack.
There is also a hero Gurkha unit(double hp, 2pop & same attack and receive upgrade from any gurkha upgrade). that is trainable from a wonder. He provides a 10% hp & attack inspiration aura for all Gurkha.

Ulti's word of wisdom :

since the start of aoe3, every unit that can move has been a direct counter to grenadiers, even villagers(since they have bonuses against siege troops)

[This message has been edited by Ranger General (edited 10-30-2007 @ 04:54 PM).]

Crazy Chester
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-07 11:20 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
What are the Gurkhas "max" stats? Ie. Imperial with all upgrades....
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames