You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Does the Sacred Field card actually work?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Does the Sacred Field card actually work?
Slomo
Skirmisher
posted 12-04-07 04:31 AM EDT (US)         
It states that the Sacred Fields act as a hospital and heals all nearby units if the card is sent. I have not seen this work. Is this a bug or is it just me?
AuthorReplies:
Myll_Erik
Seraph Emeritus
posted 12-04-07 09:55 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
Best way would be to test it out - send the card, get some injured units near it, and see if they get healed. I have not experience with it, but I am sure some one will test it :P

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Trample the Weak - Hurdle the Dead!
"It's kind of a...persnickety magic." Atzy
End of Nations!
End of Nations Community Manager
Slomo
Skirmisher
posted 12-04-07 09:42 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
I have tried it and so far I have not seen the units heal. Thats why I am wondering if its a bug or just a typo on the card description.
Bloodly
Skirmisher
posted 12-05-07 03:28 AM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
It WORKS, but the range is far too small-you have to have your units pretty much right next to it. It's fairly slow as well. It's also 'one unit at a time'.

[This message has been edited by Bloodly (edited 12-05-2007 @ 03:29 AM).]

scriv1984
Skirmisher
posted 12-05-07 04:52 AM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
it is one of the most useless cards going. A sacred field is 250W, and you already have healing in the form of your monks! So the card is basically worth 250W if im not mistaken.
Ship wood crates and build a field with wood to spare.

ESO2 - Crashtest

"I don't have 3 hours to break through your 50 layers of walls to kill you.
Real men play without walls." LordKivlov
Slomo
Skirmisher
posted 12-05-07 07:13 AM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
rofl wow... one at a time... and if you have cows on it, it would explain why nothing heals because they probably cant get close enough to be in range.

This card really does need to work like hospitals. They have a decent range and heal ALL units nearby at a pretty decent range.

The card is indeed worth 250 wood+1 villager(the 300 wood infinite shipment doesn't provide the villager) but it is also an Age 1 shipment. Either way it goes tho, the card does suck.
Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 12-05-07 08:17 AM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
Sacred Fields have a range of 12 and heal at a rate of 5.0 (same as Manor Houses after the Florence thingy card). At least the Indian card ships a Sacred Field Rickshaw...

Field Hospitals have a range of 20 and heal at a rate of 3.0

Indian Monks heal at a rate of 4.0

Chinese and Japanese Monks heal at a rate of 6.0, but as far as I know they need to research a tech/send a card to do so.

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.

[This message has been edited by Cherub Walker (edited 12-05-2007 @ 08:22 AM).]

Cyclohexane
Skirmisher
posted 12-05-07 10:13 AM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
Field Hospitals only heal 1 unit at a time with 250 HP and cost 400 wood. They definitely take the cake for most useless building in the game.

But the card is not that bad for an Age 1 shipment. Sure you can ship in 300 wood, take villagers off their work to collect the crates and build the sacred field, or you can just ship one in and get a small worthless bonus also.

I can only imagine this working on Mongolia where you can get a scout from a treasure immediately and have 2 monks to split up to find lots of cows early and still have wood for houses etc. Perhaps if you plan to play defensively on this map you can also use the heal effect slightly. Of course I have not tested this, I do not enjoy playing civs with so many weaknesses. I like my average civilizations.

Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!................CYCLOHEXANE'S FREE GUIDES:

-TAD GUIDE: AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference -or view online: On-line
AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON SPREADSHEET: Unit Comparison Spreadsheet

See other guides, technological advancements, interviewing tips, and more at my website All Things Miscellaneous
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 12-05-07 11:22 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
aztec pit >>> any card or building or unit that requires your units to be in a certain place to be healed. Sorry, but my units are forward, not hanging around in my base doing nothing.

Chinese monks are the exception, because of conversion tech. They can easily go forward with the army.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.

[This message has been edited by As_Saffah (edited 12-05-2007 @ 11:24 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames