You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Best shipment in the game
Bottom
Topic Subject:Best shipment in the game
Nightfire
Skirmisher
posted 12-06-07 01:35 AM EDT (US)         
What would you say is the best shipment in the game? I would say the hochelega support for the souix (18 wakinas + 2 war huts for 1000 gold). It's absolutely insane, and you can easily get it upon age up if you task most villagers on gold. It's a great card to fall back on if your rush fails, and I've been sending it every game since I discovered it.

^^^

[This message has been edited by Nightfire (edited 12-06-2007 @ 10:27 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Red xerxes
Skirmisher
posted 12-06-07 02:59 AM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
yes,that is a terrific shipment.but i don't think there is 1 greatest shipment.there are many greats.

for discovery i think-2 settler wagons,or schooners if u can use it.ATPcomes close.

for colonial-3 settler wagons,3tp travois,native treaties.for treaty, battlefield constructions.for a boomer of course advanced arsenal.silk road is another good shipment.i left out the common 700 res crates which are a must.evening star is a deadly shipment sometimes.i like palatine sttlements

for fortress-2 falconets rock, otto's 5 spahi,russia's suvorov card,9manchus or 8 black riders.or7 hackapells or 7 stradiots or 5 mamelukes.dragoon combat for ports.

for indutrial-12 abus guns,the factory cards,portugese genitours,elmeti,team 4 spahis for team matches etc.i forgot a few good dutch and french cards because i am not really familiar with them.

i completely forgot sevastopol in age 2.
Simia
Skirmisher
posted 12-06-07 10:19 AM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
fort, rangefinding, 2 caravels for water maps
Simia
Skirmisher
posted 12-06-07 10:20 AM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
of course the bank cards and bank wagon for dutch
George_uk
Skirmisher
posted 12-06-07 10:23 AM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
I wouldn't say Sioux were lame, they are good, hard to play against, but not lame. Lame is a million walls and instant forts etc and 1.03 GH.

Previously known as MoNo Ager
Catabre
BFME2H Replay Reviewer - Library Guildsman
posted 12-06-07 10:28 AM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
Improved Mercs? I dunno. It all depends on your situations, gameplay/style, and your personal opinion/preferences.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
N_E_Patriots
Skirmisher
posted 12-06-07 11:54 AM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
Team 1 envoy.

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
Michael Jackson is innocent!
I smell.
CunniJA
Skirmisher
posted 12-06-07 01:23 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
No National Redoubt yet? What are you people on, because I want some of it. Also, TEAM Provincial Administration, 5 Disciples, TEAM 5 Hand Mortars, TEAM 7 Manchus are all beastly. I'm just getting beyond the universal staples like 3 vils/700 gold/1000 Wood, shit like that. Distributivism is another great card I would say. Genitours, Throughbreds (still is), Close Combat, Ashigaru Attack/Yumi Attack, Seven Lucky Gods, The TC+10 vils Travois for 1000 gold with Iro, 7 War Clubs, 4 Axe Riders, 10 Pistoleros, 11 Rodeleros, Siege Discipline, Ruthlessness, Agrarian Ways (Yeah, still pretty good, especially if you're Iro.) Those are a few ones that are well above average.

A_S: "Cunni's pic wins thread otherwise failing due to being 5-7 years behind the times."
"Brilliant cunni simply brilliant"
C_MAG: "CunniJA's post is epic win."
Roark
Skirmisher
posted 12-06-07 06:00 PM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
Excluding vill cards, I think schooners is the best

ESO: Naevius
CookieCrisp13
Skirmisher
posted 12-06-07 08:54 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
and they require very little skill and micro.
not so. Ever played as sioux and FF'ed vs spain? microing RR, Wakinas, and axes from pikes, rods, lancers, skirms, and cannon was never an easy task be you sioux or be you british.

As an avid sioux player for all of TWC, i can safely say that its not an iro lamer civ. while axe riders were boosted in the previous patch, it by no means makes them "lame". (of course thats a sheer matter of opinion). did any of the boosts change the way sioux players play? not really. war clubs still suck, axe riders were always good, and the +100 food helps for 15 seconds of age time.

the transform card is awesome, and strong, no doubt.

btw and its team 2 envoys ive used that card in a rush a couple times back in vanilla

one more thing- about the card you said was OP- its not really that op. for 1000 gold, something that the sioux never has a decent amount of , they get 18 wakinas and 500 wood. while its a good shipment, the upgrade one is far better, and i bareley used THAT one as sioux.

Proud winner of the FFA Winter Round '07!
[Judgε][Epic Thread]
My Vods:[One] [Two][Three][Four]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL

[This message has been edited by Cookiecrisp13 (edited 12-06-2007 @ 08:56 PM).]

Nightfire
Skirmisher
posted 12-06-07 10:23 PM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
Actually I change my mind about souix. The reason I had that impression was because of this port player who whined and moaned the whole game about souix being OP, but then I realized that ports had were incredibly hard to defeat as souix. This was coming back from a break of 12 months and I had just won 9 games in a row, so I was under the impression I had stumbled on the OP civ of the month.

What are your suggestions against ports? I have tried to warclub rush them and fall back on a semi-ff (works amazing vs. dutch), but this has failed. I haven't tried this, but would you recommend staying in colonial and making axe riders and cetan bows, then aging and using the upgrade card and start making wakinas?

^^^

[This message has been edited by Nightfire (edited 12-06-2007 @ 10:35 PM).]

Red xerxes
Skirmisher
posted 12-07-07 07:18 AM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
Don't do a straight fast rush vs ports,
they have 2 tcs and usually turle with towers and colonial militia.they USUALLYstrive for industrial/fortress.mass up units,raiding all the while.and then attack.lame the evening star card and use the warchief aura to ur advantage.if they mass organ guns u are in trouble unless u get some heavy cav,because they kill ur cetans fast.
nidhog_slayer
Skirmisher
posted 12-07-07 07:53 AM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
Prepatched agents...

Well ATM team 7 manchus, no need for explanation... just fckin sick.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames