You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.24 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Not op not up not broken but still needs some work.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Not op not up not broken but still needs some work.
Humility
Skirmisher
posted 02-09-08 10:17 AM EDT (US)         
Make wild balance changes for the fun of it.

Don't make intelligent posts regarding non- op/up civs and what tiny changes could finish them.

think don't discuss.

[This message has been edited by Humility (edited 02-11-2008 @ 11:11 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Silophant
Skirmisher
posted 02-09-08 11:37 AM EDT (US)     1 / 24       
After some thought, I know exactly what needs to be done to perfect the game's balance in one patch. However, as per the OP, I'm keeping it to myself.
Humility
Skirmisher
posted 02-09-08 09:27 PM EDT (US)     2 / 24       
Ok now that everyone has thought carefully and is able to be intelligent you have my permission to discuss.
exc4libulz1022
Skirmisher
posted 02-09-08 09:29 PM EDT (US)     3 / 24       
What the hell.

"he will have a hard getting banks up"
~rel4xed

"I accidently drop kicked someone once"
~george_uk

Silophant
Skirmisher
posted 02-10-08 08:05 PM EDT (US)     4 / 24       
Well, now that I have permission, the Brits need +6 starting vills and a card that gives +200% hp to all units.
Flair
Skirmisher
posted 02-10-08 08:13 PM EDT (US)     5 / 24       
China's totally UP, they need to dock the priced of Hand Mortars and give the White Pagoda a bigger disciple shipment.
Silophant
Skirmisher
posted 02-10-08 09:19 PM EDT (US)     6 / 24       
You must be joking. The only way to fix China is to remove their ability to make villagers.
Humility
Skirmisher
posted 02-10-08 10:17 PM EDT (US)     7 / 24       
Thank you for your posts this has proved a point.The more a poster thinks the worst his/her Ideals are.
Silophant
Skirmisher
posted 02-10-08 10:23 PM EDT (US)     8 / 24       
Actually, it isn't just China. No civ but Britain should be able to train villagers.
exc4libulz1022
Skirmisher
posted 02-10-08 11:06 PM EDT (US)     9 / 24       
China's totally UP, they need to dock the priced of Hand Mortars and give the White Pagoda a bigger disciple shipment.
Dude, hand mortars aren't UP, what's wrong with you??

What's really UP is the monk and disciples. The chinese monk should have at least 400 more hp in discovery, then upgrade from there. Disciples should either cost 45 food or receive +18 attack, either way.

~rel4xed

~george_uk

Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 02-11-08 09:33 AM EDT (US)     10 / 24       
That was awkward.

Now start ranting about balance for real. You know, Brits are UP, France sucks, Disciples pwned me and etc. We already have one "Off Topic" thread active, let's keep it to a minimum.

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
Eicho
Skirmisher
posted 02-11-08 10:30 AM EDT (US)     11 / 24       
You are all joking about China and Discples right?

If not, im moving to AgeSanctuary and never come back.
CunniJA
Skirmisher
posted 02-11-08 11:10 AM EDT (US)     12 / 24       
They really need to boost the following things:

Iro War Chief Crackshot attack increased by 200%, area of effect upped to 7, andd 2x bonus vs. Infantry, 1.5x vs. Cav, and 10x vs. cannon. Up range to 40 on it too.

Sioux War Chief speed boosted to 15.75, Aura boosted too.

Tlaloc Big Button cost reduced to 500 food, put it in Discovery too.

The mentioned China boosts are good.

Boost Ashigaru base attack by 150%.

Boost Zamburak cav bonus to 10x.

Bank limit increased by 10, gather rate increased to 7.6/second.

Abus Gun HP and Attack doubled.

Cuirassiers need to start with base Imperial stats and upgrade off of those as well.

Jinetes card also makes Goons cost 0 population but slap a build limit of 250 on them as well.

British Musketeer HP increased by 500%.

Make Spain's 2 Falc shipment into 6 Falcs, move to Colonial.

Doppelsoldner area increased to 10, max damage up to 4000.

Oprichnik siege damage increased to 9000, villie bonus up to 5x, speed upped to 22.5.

A_S: "Cunni's pic wins thread otherwise failing due to being 5-7 years behind the times."
"Brilliant cunni simply brilliant"
C_MAG: "CunniJA's post is epic win."
Catabre
BFME2H Replay Reviewer - Library Guildsman
posted 02-11-08 03:52 PM EDT (US)     13 / 24       
Doppelsoldner area increased to 10, max damage up to 4000.
And speed increased to 13. Not to mention all their shipments arrive instantly and they have them all available from the start.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
Humility
Skirmisher
posted 02-11-08 11:09 PM EDT (US)     14 / 24       
Ok I will change my posts to accommodate you.
coolcicada609
Skirmisher
posted 02-12-08 08:58 PM EDT (US)     15 / 24       
To me Changdao swordsman need some boost or make it more expensive. I think hand mortar should cost more population.
DominatorGREP
Skirmisher
posted 02-12-08 09:09 PM EDT (US)     16 / 24       
To me Changdao swordsman need some boost or make it more expensive. I think hand mortar should cost more population
*gasp*

Someone made a serious post!

Or at least I think that's serious.

From Agecommunity:
"French:
Pros: Powerful coureurs, many choices for a powerful army, a card gives the explorer the ability to heal
Cons: Expensive vills and Cuirassiers."
LOL
Humility
Skirmisher
posted 02-12-08 09:56 PM EDT (US)     17 / 24       
IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell them to goof off and they get serious!!!!!

[size=100]GOOF OFF MORE!!!!WHAT EVER YOU DO DON"T MAKE A REALISTIC POST REGARDNG THE FINAL BALANCING OF NON OP AND NON UP CIVS!!!![/size]
CunniJA
Skirmisher
posted 02-12-08 10:08 PM EDT (US)     18 / 24       
Yeah, Humility is right.

Uhlans totally need a bombard attack of 9 million that hits units and everything too.

A_S: "Cunni's pic wins thread otherwise failing due to being 5-7 years behind the times."
"Brilliant cunni simply brilliant"
C_MAG: "CunniJA's post is epic win."
Silophant
Skirmisher
posted 02-13-08 07:42 AM EDT (US)     19 / 24       
Cuirs should be replaced with Tommynators.
Nightfire
Skirmisher
posted 02-13-08 09:41 AM EDT (US)     20 / 24       
France sucks
In what way, OP or UP? I thought they were just slightly better than average with ok balance. Unless you are talking about treaty

^^^
exc4libulz1022
Skirmisher
posted 02-13-08 02:18 PM EDT (US)     21 / 24       
Aztecs - start with 3 tlaloc canoes, one more spawns every 2 minutes, effective immediately upon game start.

British - Longbow RoF increased to the standard 3. Increase cost to 70 food 90 wood. Reduce to 4 villagers at game start. You can still win plenty, noob, you just don't know how to play them properly.

Chinese - Disciple limit increased to 40. Additionally, whenever a disiple converts an enemy unit, the limit is permanently increased by 1. White pagoda upgrades monk and disciple hp by 85%, attack by 70%, and ships all 40 disciples upon age-up. Porcelain tower now produces 15 resources per second of the resource it is assigned to. Hand mortar range increased to 75, cost reduced to 10 food, 15 wood.

Dutch - Start with 2 banks. Mining bonus increased to 60%, with an additional 10% with each age up. Bank limit decreased to 3, but production increased to 150 per second. Increase bank hp to 180,570.

French - Thoroughbred card changed again: 180% boost to cuirassier hp. However, a 3% nerf to their attack to compensate.

Germans - Dopplesolder base speed increased by 75%, AoE increased to 5. Seige damage boosted to 280.

India - elephants now cost 10 population. After all, a house can only hold one elephant. Agra fort attack reduced to 0, and LOS removed. It can no longer train units.

Iroquois - Increase warchief eagle eye shot range to 85. Increase area just slightly smaller than the entire map. Damage reduced to 0, but to compensate, anything it hits dies in 20 seconds.

Japanese - Ashigaru base attack increased to 65. All ashi attack upgrade cards increased to 80%. Yabusame multiplier against artillery increased to x25.5, but cost increased to 600 food and 700 gold.

Ottomans - Silk road now effects everything. From crates to tradeposts to villager production speed to janissary hp to abus creation speed. Everything is increased, but the card text remains the same, merely stating that crates contain more resources. To compensate, janissary cav multiplier reduced to 0.6.

Portuguese - TC wag ons take 7 minutes to build. Reduce Cassador hp by 30.

Russians - Every unit can build a fort instantly. You just place the building and it's there. In fact, the selected unit doesnt even have to be near the structure. Fort limit increased to 18. Cost reduced to 250 wood and 75 gold.

Sioux - axe rider cost decreased to 40 food. Base speed increased to 7.8. Warchief speed reduced to 5, but he can now instantly teleport to any area of the map, explored or not. All units within his radius are teleported with him. Wakina rifles are now free and train 60% faster.

Spanish - Required experience for shipments reduced by 45%. Fortress age politician that gives 3 falcs and 5 lances and researches Field Guns.

~rel4xed

~george_uk

[This message has been edited by exc4libulz1022 (edited 02-13-2008 @ 02:22 PM).]

coolcicada609
Skirmisher
posted 02-13-08 05:36 PM EDT (US)     22 / 24       
There should be a card that gives changdao swordsman like 13 more attack and 120 more hp. Also the cost for changdao swordsman is 190food instead 95 food also it gets area damages like a samurai. Need lvl40 HC and could only be used at age 4
Dr House
Skirmisher
(id: RealityFatalityz)
posted 02-13-08 06:14 PM EDT (US)     23 / 24       
excalabuz that was a great post...
French - Thoroughbred card changed again: 180% boost to cuirassier hp. However, a 3% nerf to their attack to compensate.

`RealityFatality`
"So, what do you guys think? What's theverdict? OP, or do I need to stop smoking crack?"
"I don't have hard drives. I just keep 30 chinese teenagers in my basement and force them to memorize numbers"

[This message has been edited by Kiverly Spears (edited 18-12-2008 @ 9:21 PM).]
coolcicada609
Skirmisher
posted 02-13-08 06:46 PM EDT (US)     24 / 24       
exc4libulz Hand mortar are already too good, I think keep the way it is and increase its population to 2 or 3
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames