You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.49 replies, Off-Topic
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » We can't let The Saloon win the civil war.
Bottom
Topic Subject:We can't let The Saloon win the civil war.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Eicho
Skirmisher
posted 02-11-08 10:32 PM EDT (US)         
We can't let The Saloon win the civil war.
The civil war is basically General Discussions vs The Saloon, to see who will get it's people to play in the Battle of the Forums.

The thread where we can nominate who we want to participate, is located in The Saloon, and that makes a lot of spammers Salooners post there, so The Saloon is currently winnign the civil war.
Those people dont even play AoE3 (or play very little), we should represent out forum, and not them.

I want to make a mini-nomination here, the ones (obiusly, from General Discussions) who really want to participate, say it here, i'll add your name in the main post, then, we, the GD community, can vote for them in The Nominations Thread for The Battle of the Forums.
Here, you can nominate people, as much people as you want, and you can also nominate yourself. As long as everyone that is in this list wants to participate, they will be in the list. Then, the 3 of them who gets more votes here will win our mini-nominations and we will all vote those 3 people in the official thread, so there is more chances those 3 will win the real nomination, and we, the GD guys, will win the civil war.

Now we will all have to go to the Official Nominations thread, and vote for Eicho, Medio and Cookie. Then we will have more chances for them to win.
We cannot let the spammers salooners represent us in Battle of the Forums.

I declare that everyone that read this goes to the Offical Nomination Thread and votes for Eicho, Mediolanus and CookieCrisp13, NOW!

(I know this is off-topic and should go on The Saloon, and thats kinda ironic )

[This message has been edited by Eicho (edited 02-15-2008 @ 10:13 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
JarlNick
Skirmisher
posted 02-11-08 10:44 PM EDT (US)     1 / 49       
I nominate Eicho, Ultimitsu, and Lord Rich JP

ESO: JarlNick

Want to talk OP? AOE3 Abus Guns at release were nightmares. But I knew how to take care of them! Beware my Culverins you artillery bastards! Oh wait...- MNBob

Myll_Erik
Seraph Emeritus
posted 02-11-08 10:53 PM EDT (US)     2 / 49       
Why not make the post in both forums?

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Trample the Weak - Hurdle the Dead!
"It's kind of a...persnickety magic." Atzy
End of Nations!
End of Nations Community Manager
Eicho
Skirmisher
posted 02-11-08 11:03 PM EDT (US)     3 / 49       
That's why i said "move or copy" the thread

But i prefer move so the spammers have less chances to win the civil war

I nominate Eicho and Lord Rich

(remember you can nominate as much as you want, and you can also nominate yourself)

[This message has been edited by Eicho (edited 02-11-2008 @ 11:21 PM).]

Medio
Skirmisher
(id: Mediolanus)
posted 02-12-08 02:39 AM EDT (US)     4 / 49       
The Rules:

You may not nominate yourself.
Too bad, Eicho...

But I'll nominate you anyway.
Eicho
Skirmisher
posted 02-12-08 09:39 AM EDT (US)     5 / 49       
That are the rules for the official nomination, not for this nominations

I'm just trying to do this, so we, all the GD community, vote for the same people in the real nominatiosn thread, and then we will have much mroe chances to beat the spammers

I'll add you too Medio, i know you wanna participate
LordPatrick18
Skirmisher
posted 02-12-08 10:20 AM EDT (US)     6 / 49       
Ooh this looks liek fun. First off, we should be organised, as Eicho said, Saloon no-brainers randomly nominate comedic excuses for leaders and the likes, while we shoudl all nominate for 3 already chosen people.

Very sneaky. I liek it

Well who wants to do it? I see Eicho does so I'll vote for him. And Medio and Jim I guess?

How long do we have till nominations close in real thread?

Congratulations Serge - Winner of the FFA Spring Series 2008
crazykid
Skirmisher
posted 02-12-08 10:25 AM EDT (US)     7 / 49       
Eicho, me puedes explicar como se juega/se hace?

I'll join in
Eicho
Skirmisher
posted 02-12-08 10:26 AM EDT (US)     8 / 49       
Nomination in real thread ends in Feb 14, so, you can go there, and nominate 3 people, preferably everyone nominates different people so then we can votee for anyone..

After Feb 14, we will all go to the official thread and vote for the 3 most voted here, so, organized, we have greater chance of winning.

LP:
Who is Jim?

crazykid:
I'll explain you in english, if you also want spanish explanation tell me.
Heavengames is organizing a "Battle of the Forums" between a lot of HG PC games forums, AoE3 is one of those forums.
But first, we, the AoE3 forum should decide who will be in AoE3 team for BotF. but, a civil war is going in here.. thw Salooners are winnign it, because they are nominating a lot of than we, the GD people, are doign in the official nominations thread. So, i amde thsi topic so the GD guys get organized, and then get much greater chances than our people participate in the BotF and not the salooners.
Here you can nominate as much people as you want, so then, the 3 most voted people here, will be "selected", and after Feb 14 we will all go to the offical nominations thread and vote those 3 people only. Then, those people will ahev great chances to win.

[This message has been edited by Eicho (edited 02-12-2008 @ 10:31 AM).]

ganggreene51
Skirmisher
posted 02-12-08 11:00 AM EDT (US)     9 / 49       
alright I'm a little fuzzy on this thing. You guys want to play in a game against the other forums. But in our forum (AOE) we are including the saloon. therefore we need to vote for our forumers (general discussion- actually involving the game) or we will not be represented?

Does the saloon have more people? I don't ever check it.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way.

Foy Lyndstrom- "Villagers doing nothing don't do anything."
Lord_Richjp
Skirmisher
posted 02-12-08 11:49 AM EDT (US)     10 / 49       
I un-nominate myself. Sorry guys.

And I thought Medio quit this game?

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 02-12-08 11:53 AM EDT (US)     11 / 49       
We *could* have a copy of it here. However that'd also mean double the work and confusion. Maybe it'd fine for the nominations, but I it could be a real mess having two different threads for voting. So let's keep it this way: we use this thread to promote and discuss the Battle of Forums as well, though all official nominations and votes have to go HERE!

EDIT: Even better. I'll start a new thread. Hang on.

Ok, done it. Click!

Just remember that I'm not accepting nominations in the GD version of the thread. Use it only to discuss and promote the competition.

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.

[This message has been edited by Angel Walker (edited 02-12-2008 @ 12:08 PM).]

scriv1984
Skirmisher
posted 02-12-08 02:24 PM EDT (US)     12 / 49       
I can't see past ultimitsu. For his excellent contribution to this forum over the years.

ESO2 - Crashtest

"I don't have 3 hours to break through your 50 layers of walls to kill you.
Real men play without walls." LordKivlov
Medio
Skirmisher
(id: Mediolanus)
posted 02-12-08 03:22 PM EDT (US)     13 / 49       
And I thought Medio quit this game?
I did, but I have returned.
ganggreene51
Skirmisher
posted 02-12-08 04:20 PM EDT (US)     14 / 49       
I hear saloon people smell bad anyway!

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way.

Foy Lyndstrom- "Villagers doing nothing don't do anything."
Lord Berminator
Skirmisher
posted 02-12-08 04:54 PM EDT (US)     15 / 49       
At last.............I have waited for so long.........WAR HAS BEGUN!

Scenarios: Worldmap Series I: North America, Worldmap Series II: Caribbean, The Wasteland

Editor of: Orissa, Kill the Sun, Bathe in Hate

Current Projects: Fog of War, Island Hopping
Eicho
Skirmisher
posted 02-12-08 06:08 PM EDT (US)     16 / 49       
crashtest are you voting ultimitsu?
please say it clear when you vote someone,

"I nominate/vote player1,player2 and player3..."

REMEMBER

If you want to participate too, just say it here, i'll add you to the list, and if you win here, you'll have great chances to play in BotF

crashtest, Berminator, if you wanna participate, just say it here

[This message has been edited by Eicho (edited 02-12-2008 @ 06:10 PM).]

CookieCrisp13
Skirmisher
posted 02-12-08 06:19 PM EDT (US)     17 / 49       
We still need someone... someone who has great strategy... someone whos strats have all started with a J.... and maybe for fun make their name a cereal name too...

oh well, i guess we'll never see anyone nominate such a character if one even exists on GD :\

()

Proud winner of the FFA Winter Round '07!
[Judgε][Epic Thread]
My Vods:[One] [Two][Three][Four]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL
Eicho
Skirmisher
posted 02-12-08 06:23 PM EDT (US)     18 / 49       
Oh yes.. i remember someone like that... how was he called?

Cook.. Cooker.., Oh ye! Nesquik!

(I added you Cookie, and i vote for you too )
Humility
Skirmisher
posted 02-12-08 10:03 PM EDT (US)     19 / 49       
Build tons of raxs and spam an inexhaustible amount of FU dopples and we win this civil war!
DominatorGREP
Skirmisher
posted 02-12-08 10:25 PM EDT (US)     20 / 49       
Actually wouldn't spamming spies work vs the saloon?

From Agecommunity:
"French:
Pros: Powerful coureurs, many choices for a powerful army, a card gives the explorer the ability to heal
Cons: Expensive vills and Cuirassiers."
LOL
TheBengals3
Skirmisher
posted 02-12-08 10:31 PM EDT (US)     21 / 49       
I nominate Ultimitsu
Lord Berminator
Skirmisher
posted 02-13-08 07:31 AM EDT (US)     22 / 49       
I nominate Eich and Cookie.

Scenarios: Worldmap Series I: North America, Worldmap Series II: Caribbean, The Wasteland

Editor of: Orissa, Kill the Sun, Bathe in Hate

Current Projects: Fog of War, Island Hopping
Eicho
Skirmisher
posted 02-13-08 11:01 AM EDT (US)     23 / 49       
We still need ultimitsu to accept, because maybe he doesnt want to participate.

And Spies will work well, except they make Outlaws..
gunner1
Scenario Expert
posted 02-13-08 03:51 PM EDT (US)     24 / 49       
Maybe this is the wrong place, but it is to late to start another thread. Anyway its clear that the small but highly skilled scenarios design forum would win in a civil war, after all which other forum has the most influence on others playing on ESO? So its clear this year you should vote for the scen. design forum (FTW).

I nominate gunner1 and moshelevi.

Scenarios I have made
Single Player-: CAMPAIGN - Christmas - Forest River RPG - Total Freedom
MultiPlayer-: Castle Blood Automatic - Mafia Hitman - Warrior Defence
ESO = sandstorm....................................................................................."I won the bet on 1.04!"
RF_Gandalf
Skirmisher
posted 02-13-08 09:14 PM EDT (US)     25 / 49       
Well, if all of the AOE3 forummers were serious about winning this, you need to consider some off line plotting and agree that everyone will support a single 'slate' of candidates - if there are 20 non-Saloon candidates they do not have a chance. But if people can agree on a group of 3 then you should have the votes to pull it off.

Consider having the GD/strat forums (these are mainly the same people) nominate their names separately on their forum and vote for one, with the same from each of the SD and the Mod forums.

Then have everyone from those forums vote for this 'slate' of three, with the others previously nominated 'withdrawing' from the race.

I really think this would work, rather than having votes from these forums split up. And having all of these forums solidly behind the group would be great, instead of having all members from one forum and having the others uninterested.

[This message has been edited by RF_Gandalf (edited 02-13-2008 @ 09:16 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames