You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Cheating your way up in SP
Bottom
Topic Subject:Cheating your way up in SP
Dogbert
Skirmisher
posted 02-15-08 05:06 PM EDT (US)         
In single player, how does one change the game to increase the exp cap per game or the exp from finishing it?

Is it easy to do, and how do you make it so that the changes don't affect your multi player civs?
AuthorReplies:
Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 02-15-08 06:33 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
I'm not sure how to increase the XP cap per game, though it's way more practical to just code your Homecities to a high level. Which is pretty easy to do:

To edit your civilization's level, go to My Documents\My Games\Age of Empires III\Savegame. There, look for the ".xml" file you want (it should have your HC's name... like sp_Berlin_homecity.xml, sp_London_homecity.xml). Open it with a text editing program (like Notepad) and edit the <*level> and <*skillpoints> tags. The first will change your Homecity Level, and in the second you should put the number of available cards you want. Example: If you put 42, you'll have 42 points to spare in cards.

I usually just put 500 on both

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
Elite_Niall
Skirmisher
posted 02-15-08 07:33 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
I'm almost certain the max xp you can gain per game is embedded into the executable it's self.

As Angel Walker says, it's much more faster just to edit the single player home city levels.

Quote from Ender_Ward:
I just finished a game, where I parked this scout right beside my Spanish opponent's military buildings, but just out of reach of the TC detection radius. Throughout the whole game I knew exactly what he was training and when.

Poor bastard must've thought I had maphack or something, because I always had the exact counters to everything he did.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames