Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Ottoman Questions
Bottom
Topic Subject:Ottoman Questions
Adjective Ocean
Skirmisher
posted 05-03-08 01:02 PM EDT (US)         
Well, I'm not a complete new person, but I'm not very experienced either. At first I started with the French, played around 6-7 games and decided I wanted I more distinctive civ. I then went to the Dutch, played some games (mostly skirmish, online is TOUGH). I liked them, but wanted to try someone else. Then I hit the Ottomans up, and on skirmish, I like them. Very unique civ, with cool bonuses. Problem is, after reading around on the forums, it seems to be that they're quite difficult to user and most use rushes when they appear to be designed for booming. Any tips on how to use them to the best of their ability?
AuthorReplies:
Flair
Skirmisher
posted 05-03-08 01:07 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Well I just posted this in another thread, but a 2 TP Tufunci FF, followed by a boom, works pretty nicely. While most FF's have been useless due to heavy Colonial fighting, 15 Jans almost instantly after hitting heroic, followed by 2 Falcs or 5 Abus, then going for a 3-TC boom, works rather nicely.
Adjective Ocean
Skirmisher
posted 05-03-08 01:10 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
Thanks for replying so quickly, but I might need some translation , as I'm new to the forums. TPs? FFs? Sorry I'm unfamiliar with the terms.
Maffia
AoE3H Seraph
(id: fred_ernie)
posted 05-03-08 01:17 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
TP Trading post

FF Fast Fortress (3rd age)

See also http://aoe3.heavengames.com/aoe3/faq/abbrevs

This month I have mostly been playing Zelda Breath of the Wild
Steam - Maffia GFWL - Maffia01 YouTube - HGMaffia Twitter - @HGMaffia
Age of Empires 3 Heaven Seraph

What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare.
[This message hasn't been edited by fred_ernie (or Maffia) (not edited 12-29-2005 @ 09:57 AM).]
A_US_James246
Scenario Reviewer
(id: James246)
posted 05-04-08 10:55 AM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
Go to "STRATERGY CENTRAL" and click on AOE3 VANNILLA STICKY. Then, go down to otto's anc check out the strats for some info on ottos.
mjsnyder
Skirmisher
posted 05-04-08 11:01 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
Go to "STRATERGY CENTRAL" and click on AOE3 VANNILLA STICKY. Then, go down to otto's anc check out the strats for some info on ottos.
unless, of course, he doesnt have vanilla in which case the strategies would be basically useless and outdated and may even hurt him in the long run.

first of all, Adjective Ocean, what game do you have? regular version? warchiefs? asian dynasties? both? because a strat really depends on the game you have since 1.01 really hurt the rush

"In war, resolution; in defeat, defiance; in victory, magnanimity." -Winston Churchill

ESO:mjsnyder
Play:TAD
Civ: Spanish
Darth_Napoleon
Skirmisher
posted 05-05-08 10:20 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
unless, of course, he doesnt have vanilla
uh... how can he play the game without vanilla?

ESO: Darth_Napoleon
So i herd you liek mudkipz?
_______
mjsnyder
Skirmisher
posted 05-05-08 10:42 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
uh... how can he play the game without vanilla?
um, ok...i meant unless he doesn't PLAY vanilla, geez.

"In war, resolution; in defeat, defiance; in victory, magnanimity." -Winston Churchill

ESO:mjsnyder
Play:TAD
Civ: Spanish
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames