Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Vanilla
Bottom
Topic Subject:Vanilla
lofung
Skirmisher
posted 05-04-08 01:26 PM EDT (US)         
Hey guys. I have been playing AOE3 since the release of it although i stopped playing it since it became boring. After i quit WOW last week, i went back to AOE3 vanilla and discovered that there are so much playing. I thought people had switched from TWC to TAD? What's wrong with TAD?
AuthorReplies:
Giskard
Skirmisher
posted 05-04-08 01:55 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
I'm only guessing here, but from what I know Vanilla players can be divided into three main groups:

- Those that couldn't afford the X/Y-pack or didn't like ES "milking the cash cow"

- Those who found balance in AOE3 1.09 to be superior to any state of balance reached afterwards or didn't like the Native / Asian civilisations

- Those that play Vanilla for other reasons - anything from those who live under internet-connected rocks and don't know there are expansion packs to those who are still sulking because Italy isn't a civilisation.

Playing original AOE3 is nothing to be ashamed of.

Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII? Discuss.
Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII. It's no longer a question.
Giskard: Isn't BrianManahan liable to be banned anyway for being the smurf of a banned forumer (Tsar_Ivan_VII)?
BrianManahan: I'm not sure who that is, Giskard, but I see what you is trying to do. I don't smurf >:O

(One day later) Moderator Announcements: Tsar_Ivan_VII / BrianManahan Banned Permanently - IP Match

[This message has been edited by Giskard (edited 05-05-2008 @ 05:20 AM).]

The Jackal
Skirmisher
posted 05-04-08 02:21 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
those who are still sulking because Italy isn't a civilisation.
Historically accurate, I'm afraid. Italy remained divided well into distinct, rival kingdoms well into the mid ninteenth century, very late for the time period described by the game. Large parts of what is now Italy remained under the influence of France, or the Austro-Hungarian empire.

There was certainly nationalist sentiment in parts of the country, but Papal power in the Vatican had vested interests in keeping local secular governments weak, while at the same time, refused to unify Italy under its rule, because doing so would require it to forsake its putative position as the head of Europe.

Of course, they also didn't make an Austro-Hungarian empire either, which is ironic, because it was one of the principal powers in Europe throughout the time period of this game.
Giskard
Skirmisher
posted 05-04-08 02:48 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
@ The Jackal:

I know. The reference to "sulking" was a hint that I wasn't being massively complimentary about these players.

Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII? Discuss.
Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII. It's no longer a question.
Giskard: Isn't BrianManahan liable to be banned anyway for being the smurf of a banned forumer (Tsar_Ivan_VII)?
BrianManahan: I'm not sure who that is, Giskard, but I see what you is trying to do. I don't smurf >:O

(One day later) Moderator Announcements: Tsar_Ivan_VII / BrianManahan Banned Permanently - IP Match
lofung
Skirmisher
posted 05-04-08 02:50 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
ha. this post is being hijacked to italy lol.
KenjiCXT
Skirmisher
posted 05-04-08 06:43 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
Well, Giskard forgot the fourth group, those that HATE the TWC- and TAD-civs.

I was actually in a Free For All-game the other day where several of the participants were complaining over how OP/annoying/boring all the new civs were and thought about going back to vanilla.

And well, I kinda agree on the asians there, they're all lame and have unfair advantages such as "improved" cards. I mean, the "Trade Empire"-card and the Dock-rickshaw cards are waaay better than Advanced TPs and Shooners imo.

Q: How do I get veteran skirms as the dutch?
- you have to buy the upgrade in the the barracks lol it should be under the skimiser logo. -you have to be in age3 to get veteran and age 4 to get guard.
After realizing they get automatically upgraded:
- o right i play brits so i just guessed.....thats slighly embarrasing lol

"Ah, the wonderful smell of failure!" - George_III on a full-capslocked topic.
Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 05-04-08 07:07 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
I'm just too lazy to buy the expansion packs. That, and I don't think it's worth the money.

ESO2: Kyle_The_Brave
Clan: Proud Officer of Trỉρℓε ΣņτễηţϠ, [TΣ]

"Why make your own inspirational quotes when you can just read the side of O_Man's Ssips juices?" - A wise prophet
"The best way to die is to spontaneously combust during a drum solo battle with Lars Ulrich" - The Blair
live hard
Skirmisher
posted 05-04-08 07:45 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
the ppl who play vanilla are:

just starting
don't have the x/y packs where they live
complaining about balance in the new civs

ESO name: ryan_vball
'i was just in a game vs i think india and he had sepots and something else'- adamh4325
Usually periods are a bit smaller and less yellow, but I'll let it slide this time
"Weed should be illegal, so should tobacco - and alcohol."-some random guy
'And sex, because you might fall off the bed and hurt your ankle.'*GoForGoldenJarls*
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames