You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Favourite HG recorded games.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Favourite HG recorded games.
Humility
Skirmisher
posted 05-08-08 09:46 AM EDT (US)         
What is your favourite recorded game you ever watched at Heaven Games.

I want to see if the number of times a game is downloaded is high. Like in the hundreds does it mean it was a good recorded game.

say what made it your favourite and you can't pick your own games.
AuthorReplies:
JimXIX
Kings Guard
posted 05-08-08 06:13 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
I never actually did watch it, but there was a game where Ender_Ward migrated to the small island on New England after losing almost everything he had and did a livestock boom to eventually go on to win the game.

He posted it a while back on Age Sanctuary I believe. But TWC had come out and it was a vanilla rec. I couldn't watch it because he didn't know what patch it was for.

It at the very least sounded like a cool watch.

You'll remember that four (!) hour game against that crazy Russian that wouldn't give up, not realizing he was playing someone who in real life actually is a crazy Russian, that won't give up either. - Ender_Ward
Medio
Skirmisher
(id: Mediolanus)
posted 05-09-08 02:59 AM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
I never watch recorded games. It feels like wasting time that could be spent playing instead.
StevoPhilo
Skirmisher
posted 05-09-08 09:08 AM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
Hmm I liked the France FI vs the India FI. Pretty good stuff :P Although I don't know anyone who could get to Industrial safely like that >.> Anywho, I normally skim thru the records with play fast button. :P

Another game I like ( of mine ) is me as India against Iroquois. He did an awesome job of map control, he had better eco, but I still won. I just had the better units. I made the right units cause he ended up doing a kanya horsemen spam practically. My 50 sepoys just murdered them like nothing. My raiding weakened his eco and I started to take down his buildings. It was probably one of the best games I've had , followed by one yesterday. Although the one I had yesterday wasn't recorded.....
Humility
Skirmisher
posted 05-09-08 12:22 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
Recorded games aren't very popular.
gritshifter
Skirmisher
posted 05-09-08 01:07 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
I would watch more recorded games, but the conflicting patch issues make it difficult to find one that is worth watching.
NerVe_Viper
Age Sanctuary Admin
(id: FeaR_VipeR)
posted 05-09-08 03:47 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
Recorded games aren't very popular.
Sure they are. A lot of people watch them to pick up new strats, or learn how to play other civs.

I've watched recs since way, way back. I can even remember some memorable AoC recs, such as the SMUSH (will ring a bell if you've been playing the Age series for the past 7-8 years).

I have about 1GB of AoE3 recs. I should probably just delete them :P

AoE3 Heaven cherub
AgeSanctuary administrator
NerVe Clan member

[This message has been edited by StR_VipeR (edited 05-09-2008 @ 03:50 PM).]

Giskard
Skirmisher
posted 05-09-08 05:58 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
I preferred the AMUSH, but my favorite was the VRUSH. Or maybe the incredibly OP island douche.

Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII? Discuss.
Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII. It's no longer a question.
Giskard: Isn't BrianManahan liable to be banned anyway for being the smurf of a banned forumer (Tsar_Ivan_VII)?
BrianManahan: I'm not sure who that is, Giskard, but I see what you is trying to do. I don't smurf >:O

(One day later) Moderator Announcements: Tsar_Ivan_VII / BrianManahan Banned Permanently - IP Match

[This message has been edited by Giskard (edited 05-09-2008 @ 05:59 PM).]

LordKivlov
Royal Guard
posted 05-11-08 05:25 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
I like any of my Hidden Pike Rush recordings because they make me smile that we win using pikes.

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 05-12-08 00:40 AM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
Used to watch them more in 1.03 when there were more around for me to see. Now that the patch is up there's some good ones but most of them go way over my head, they're fun to watch but you're too busy following the rapid movements and not thinking about how...

It does help, I think. It helps if you're a visual person to see in your mind what you need to be doing at time X a lot more than reading a build or strat.

I don't really have a favorite.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames