Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.20 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Lethe
Bottom
Topic Subject:Lethe
Valckrie1
Veteran Musketeer (Content Contributor)
posted 01-29-09 04:16 PM EDT (US)         
Apparently a rumour was going around that Lethe is soon to be leaving the scene and not banning any more cheaters. Is this true? Certainly AgeSanctuary cheatbusters has disbanded, so there may be more cheaters around now.

SC2: Valckrie.Incarnate {Add me!}
Fear is only a four-letter word. Why be afraid?

Guides:
BMS | British Guide | BHM | RSFF | Rec Games
AuthorReplies:
Tyler McIntosh
Skirmisher
posted 01-29-09 06:08 PM EDT (US)     1 / 20       
Yes lethe is leaving and there will be no one as far as anyone knows, to ban people. Microsoft might bring in there own mods but probably not.
CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 01-29-09 07:25 PM EDT (US)     2 / 20       
ya he's leaving (if he hasn't already)
Tyler McIntosh
Skirmisher
posted 01-29-09 10:21 PM EDT (US)     3 / 20       
My friend just got banned for no reason and they didn't even send him an email, so I assume they are still banning.

Or maybe they are trying to get anyone who they think might cheat before they leave to scare people.

[This message has been edited by Tyler McIntosh (edited 01-29-2009 @ 10:22 PM).]

CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 01-29-09 10:42 PM EDT (US)     4 / 20       
ya i know someone who got banned for point trading, but when looking at his elorating.com, i didn't see anything wrong. He sent an email back to age abuse, but hasn't received a reply
A_US_James246
Scenario Reviewer
(id: James246)
posted 01-30-09 01:07 AM EDT (US)     5 / 20       
ESO Update: One of the new companies being started by ES employees will be picking up support for ESO (and Halo Wars). We had a burst of games being played right around Christmas, suggesting a lot of Age of Empires III and The Asian Dynasties were received as gifts. The number of players online has jumped up to about 4000 now at peak times and the total number of ESO accounts is now over 800,000. The Age of Empires community site will remain online after our studio closes down.
Meaning, that one of the new companies, being started by ex ES employees will be picking up the support for ESO. I'm guessing that this will be for maintainence, bannings etc.

[This message has been edited by James246 (edited 01-30-2009 @ 01:07 AM).]

Tyler McIntosh
Skirmisher
posted 01-30-09 07:08 AM EDT (US)     6 / 20       
Well if you know someone who got banned just keep updating this to let people know if they still doing bannings. But don't say the name of the person who got banned.
micky_tee
Skirmisher
(id: micky_t)
posted 01-30-09 11:25 AM EDT (US)     7 / 20       
My friend just got banned for no reason and they didn't even send him an email, so I assume they are still banning.
No one gets banned for a reason. YOu may not agree or understand the reason - but there always is one.

armyballer - Another 3v3, this time my team is winning, (about an hour into it). One of the other team players admits defeat and resigns, then out of no where I get OOS message. I'm pissed, I again log onto agecommunity and see I have been given a LOSE. How did this happen?

AceOfKings - ender_ward hacked into your game and made it go OOS

Unban JamesLock
Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 01-30-09 01:14 PM EDT (US)     8 / 20       
[No one gets banned for a reason. YOu may not agree or understand the reason - but there always is one.
Huh? You mean that nobody gets banned for no reason, right? Because if not, ES has got some explaining to do.

ESO2: Kyle_The_Brave
Clan: Proud Officer of Trỉρℓε ΣņτễηţϠ, [TΣ]

"Why make your own inspirational quotes when you can just read the side of O_Man's Ssips juices?" - A wise prophet
"The best way to die is to spontaneously combust during a drum solo battle with Lars Ulrich" - The Blair
Tyler McIntosh
Skirmisher
posted 01-30-09 03:34 PM EDT (US)     9 / 20       
Ok well just keep the forums updated on if they are still banning or not, I think everyone will appreciate it.
CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 01-30-09 07:11 PM EDT (US)     10 / 20       
they were banning for really stupid reasons though, a friend of mine got 1 week banned for spamming in a chat browser that HE MADE... lol
also they unbanned him like 3 days after the ban should have expired... :S
Tyler McIntosh
Skirmisher
posted 01-30-09 07:12 PM EDT (US)     11 / 20       
So I see they ban for no reason or dumb reasons sometimes? Has anyone gotten banned today? The mods were suppose to leave today, but I hear microsoft is going to keep some of them, maybe to do bans?
Colonel_UGMO
posted 01-31-09 00:57 AM EDT (US)     12 / 20       
I heard they were having trouble banning people because some jerks signed up ageabuse up to heaps of news letters and spam bots so there were too many emails to process

ESO NAME: UGMO
I AM USING: TAD
I AM PLAYING: The Aztecs, British and Russians
.oO James246: Well, you wouldn't be able to sigg any dumb things I say, because I don't say them. :P Oo.
Tyler McIntosh
Skirmisher
posted 01-31-09 01:00 AM EDT (US)     13 / 20       
I know the person who did it too but we aren't allowed to say peoples names on the forums, I saw him on another website saying he was going to do this.
A_US_James246
Scenario Reviewer
posted 01-31-09 01:06 AM EDT (US)     14 / 20       
What a loser. Get a life.
Tyler McIntosh
Skirmisher
posted 01-31-09 01:13 AM EDT (US)     15 / 20       
Me, or the guy who did this? I hope your not talking about. It seems like it's not me, but I just want to make sure.
A_US_James246
Scenario Reviewer
posted 01-31-09 01:32 AM EDT (US)     16 / 20       
Of course it's you.

Just kidding
Tyler McIntosh
Skirmisher
posted 01-31-09 01:42 AM EDT (US)     17 / 20       
Ok lol im glad it's not me I just wanted to clarify it. .
Valckrie1
posted 01-31-09 03:03 AM EDT (US)     18 / 20       
Yes I'm aware of who that is too.

SC2: Valckrie.Incarnate {Add me!}
Fear is only a four-letter word. Why be afraid?

Guides:
BMS | British Guide | BHM | RSFF | Rec Games
Tyler McIntosh
Skirmisher
posted 01-31-09 01:04 PM EDT (US)     19 / 20       
So I am assuming no more bannings?
Lord_Richjp
Skirmisher
posted 01-31-09 05:09 PM EDT (US)     20 / 20       
I assume they had a spam filter?

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames