You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.18 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » british + wood cutting upgrades
Bottom
Topic Subject:british + wood cutting upgrades
shiznix
Banned
posted 01-30-09 09:19 AM EDT (US)         
Hello

Topic says enough, bear in mind that i strictly play vanilla (even though i do have teh expansions but i'm an official xpansion hater, whatever).

Now, a market is always a useful idea. British need lots of wood and to maek this worse wood is teh resource that gathers teh slowest.

Now, is that exotic hardwoods shipment worth it?
Should i get teh first and teh second market upgrade?

I mean, teh 2nd market upgarde is quite expensive, it costs 400 resources (150f/250g) for another 20%.

upgrades stack, right? so if i get teh first upgrade that boosts wood cutting by 10% and teh 2nd which boosts it by 20% it gets boosted by 20% in total, right?

I mean, the wood cutting upgrade from teh market is always viable, especially as british

but what about teh two cards that boost it by 15%? Are they wroth it? Should i send both? just one? none?

Please advise, thank you
AuthorReplies:
zezarak
Skirmisher
posted 01-30-09 12:10 PM EDT (US)     1 / 18       
It is very good for lategame, I am not sure about the stacking.

Also as a note/hint, stop using teh for the. It is very aggravating and it is probably why people don't answer you...
CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 01-30-09 07:21 PM EDT (US)     2 / 18       
teh market upgrade is very important. teh upgrade improves teh rate that teh villagers cut wood. I usually get teh market upgrade during teh transition or when i send teh 700 wood card (usually teh first colonial card). I usually don't have teh wood cut upgrade card in my deck since there are many more important cards to send...
Sawyer
Skirmisher
posted 01-30-09 07:34 PM EDT (US)     3 / 18       
I always buy teh upgrade if I have teh resources... of course I don't play multiplayer...

Pears: ok i downloaded a few scenerios and it says place the mp3 folders in the "sound" folder but i cant find the sound folder any where please help!
Elpea: Your sound folder is right next to your fart sounds folder.
Teutonic Twit
Scenario Reviewer
posted 01-30-09 08:45 PM EDT (US)     4 / 18       
I didn't get the memo on the change in spelling for "the"...

geez, it's as if everyone is doing it...
dOPplesaurus
Skirmisher
posted 01-30-09 08:47 PM EDT (US)     5 / 18       
I think you need to work on your math a little bit. 10+20=30 :P
A_US_James246
Scenario Reviewer
(id: James246)
posted 01-30-09 10:43 PM EDT (US)     6 / 18       
Please say teh "the" word properly.
retribution1423
Skirmisher
posted 01-31-09 06:48 AM EDT (US)     7 / 18       
i think crazy was taking teh piss lol

tbh mate ive never used exotic hard boards, you have so many good milli and vill cards that by the time you would come to send it it probs would make much of a difference as you eco would be so large already and you could easliy afford the market upgrades.

Also upgrades DO stack!

Mudkips did 9/11 - The way I see it is, I'm playing this game for the fun of it, not to prove that I have a fiery E-wang of doom.

[This message has been edited by retribution1423 (edited 01-31-2009 @ 06:51 AM).]

Arcane Ranger
Skirmisher
posted 01-31-09 06:54 AM EDT (US)     8 / 18       
It's a 15% upgrade for Exotic Hardwoods right? So that's a 0.1 gathering rate in your wood gather. 1 extra wood every 10 seconds for every villager >< If you assume you have roughly 20 villagers on wood when you send it, by the time it pays off compared to the 700w will be 350 seconds later. That's roughly 6 minutes.

My point of view is, if you have many villagers on wood, and you don't have wood shortages, send this card. However, if you need wood immediately, or you don't have that many villagers on wood, send 700w. I think it would be a suitable card as your 4th card (or so).
oliandsam
Skirmisher
posted 01-31-09 02:08 PM EDT (US)     9 / 18       
1st of all please do what james246 suggests and stop using the word teh

I have played Britain my fair share and never sent those cards. think about it when your dutch you do not send cards that make your vills mine faster. If you want extra wood send 700 wood then 600 wood. In colonel 1300 wood is normally sufficient + all the wood your vills are gathering.

On the other hand the market upgrade is worth it if you can afford it.

eso name: oliandsam
clan: some silly dutch one
"A single death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."
Sometimes I think war is God's way of teaching us geography. - Paul Rodriguez
CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 01-31-09 03:11 PM EDT (US)     10 / 18       
"Please say teh "the" word properly."

"1st of all please do what james246 suggests and stop using the word teh"

lol i hope you aren't talking to me cauz i was just imitating his manner of typing... i agree that the troll should stop saying teh.

QUACK
oliandsam
Skirmisher
posted 02-01-09 07:39 AM EDT (US)     11 / 18       
naa I'm not talking to you crazy i can tell when sum-one is taking the mickey

ckei
Skirmisher
posted 02-01-09 08:09 AM EDT (US)     12 / 18       
sum-one?

O "All you big boys stay back and let me do my thaaaang"O
Teutonic Twit
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-01-09 08:20 AM EDT (US)     13 / 18       
Yea, that's what someone just finishing their finals says after buying a container of "half and half"...sum-one.
oliandsam
Skirmisher
posted 02-01-09 12:09 PM EDT (US)     14 / 18       
lol I couldn't figure out what was wrong with the word sum-one. I knew it didn't look right, so thank you for pointing it out that it's someone.

shiznix
Banned
posted 02-01-09 05:29 PM EDT (US)     15 / 18       
Keep it on-topic. No, redux...
-General_II

[This message has been edited by General_II (edited 02-01-2009 @ 10:48 PM).]

CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 02-01-09 07:30 PM EDT (US)     16 / 18       
lol honestly i guess u are teh racist, making fun of my bad spelling. i am no native english speaker so as a natural consequence i do have some issues with teh ortography.
are you guys always bashing teh foreigners for not speaking ur languages 100% properly?

you maek me teh sad ;-(
lmao...

racism: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

i don't think you used the correct word there...

well since you mentioned that your european schools are 100% better than those in the united states and also claimed that all europeans spoke multiple languages fluently I assume that you should spell the article "the" correctly instead of "teh".

Another reason why people are criticizing you is because you obviously are saying "teh" on purpose instead of "the" since you have been told this countless times and still persist in your irritating habits.

please stop trolling and then people will stop bashing you.

QUACK
retribution1423
Skirmisher
posted 02-01-09 09:59 PM EDT (US)     17 / 18       
I think it would be a suitable card as your 4th card
nooooooooooooo. You have 700wood, 600wood, 5 vills, 4 vills, musk defence, musk upgrade (or the huss ones). This is not a card you need tbh you have so many other better options which will help you much more. What is the point wasting a card when you can get the same thing from the market?
all europeans spoke multiple languages fluently
i dont see you speaking swiss

Mudkips did 9/11 - The way I see it is, I'm playing this game for the fun of it, not to prove that I have a fiery E-wang of doom.
A_US_James246
Scenario Reviewer
(id: James246)
posted 02-02-09 00:55 AM EDT (US)     18 / 18       
lol honestly i guess u are teh racist, making fun of my bad spelling. i am no native english speaker so as a natural consequence i do have some issues with teh ortography.
are you guys always bashing teh foreigners for not speaking ur languages 100% properly?

you maek me teh sad ;-(
Was that what Shinixz said? If so, General did a bad job of leaving in in Crazy's post :P
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames