Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Home city levels
Bottom
Topic Subject:Home city levels
CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 02-02-09 00:21 AM EDT (US)         
I believe(and have heard) that pr goes up faster with lower hc levels because since a person with a lower hc level is "handicapped" if they win their pr will severely increase.

However, if you are playing someone with a much lower hc and lose, then your pr goes down tremendously. I have seen people delete all hc's and start over down low to gain pr very rapidly.

So my question is this:

Do you think it is fair to lower your home cities so that you can gain pr levels faster, while higher hc opponents will have to win many more games to have a similar pr effect?

Discuss...

P.S. I'm asking this because i'm not sure whether to reset my lvl 80 hc's or not... :O

QUACK
AuthorReplies:
iTech64
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-02-09 00:31 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
well what i actually did was reset my level 60 cities, make 10 india cities at level 10 , and now i have brought my cities back to 50.

so if i ever i feel like laming to get rank i can do so without worrying about raising my city to high.

its definitely something you should consider, because if you can win with a level 10 city against someone your own rank with a level 131 city, you have better skill than them and obviously should be at a higher rank also.

iTech64
My Strategies:French Semi-FF | French 2x Musket Rush | French 2x Xbow Rush
My Mapguides: Northwest Territories
DUolCKrad
Veteran Musketeer (Content Contributor)
posted 02-02-09 06:38 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
It's true.

http://agecommunity.com/faq_mp.aspx#moreratings

But it's also probably fair, since lower levels don't have access to level 10, 25, and 40 cards, and the system only bases it's calculations on whether the city can or not.

So a level 60 and 131 will not be affected by level, but a level 20 and 35 will.
Tyler McIntosh
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-09 07:04 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
Depends if you want to get rank fast, or be able to play people better then you or around your rank. If you want to gain rank fast then anyone with hc level above 25 makes it a whole new tier and then you gain pr much faster. But if you want to challenge anyone your rank in pr or above you in pr not just someone above you in hc then stick with higher hc to have better cards to be able to better compete. Also if you want to get your hc up without losing rank, then play comp stomp or unrated games.
Lord_Richjp
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-09 11:52 AM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
If you plan on winning you need the cards.

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
oliandsam
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-09 01:11 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
why do people care so much about rank? id rather have the advantage of better cards than a higher pr.

But its your choice..

eso name: oliandsam
clan: some silly dutch one
"A single death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."
Sometimes I think war is God's way of teaching us geography. - Paul Rodriguez
Lord_Sami
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-09 02:26 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
ESO would ROCK if there was no ranks.. Don't know about win percent..

Wasn't it something like that in the good 'ol days? That there were no ranks, just win % ?

'09 Match Of Death Winner

My elorating

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. -Napoleon
Lord_Richjp
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-09 02:56 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
It was like that. And it would be shit. You would find it almost impossible to find a game against people your level, especially as you get higher in the ranks. Your games would mostly be over without one player having a chance.

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames