You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Few games hosted in TAD? Never many people online?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Few games hosted in TAD? Never many people online?
Element of Power
Skirmisher
posted 05-14-09 04:20 PM EDT (US)         
Hi, I've recently bought the second expansion, The Asian Dynasties and after playing online on vanilla for a long time previously, where there always seemed to loads of games hosted, and I could get a game instantly, I have noticed that this has changed since I got the expansion. Quick game turns up nothing, and I find it really hard to get a game. Any ideas why this is? Is it something to do with not having TWC?

Thanks,

Element of Power
AuthorReplies:
DUolCKrad
Veteran Musketeer (Content Contributor)
posted 05-14-09 04:22 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
Yes, if you do not have TWC, you won't see the majority of the games hosted which use TWC and TAD. TAD with TWC has fewer games than vanilla, but still has a fairly large amount.
Element of Power
Skirmisher
posted 05-14-09 04:24 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
OK, thanks. Seems I need to get TWC then...
Temerity
Skirmisher
posted 05-14-09 05:23 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
Yes you do. Can't really expect people to have all skipped the first expansion pack and just bought the second one just because you did.

ESO: Temerit
Favorite Comics: Stephen Colbert and John Stewart
bobtheboy
Skirmisher
posted 05-14-09 07:11 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
DuolcKrad, why would more people play AOE3 vanilla than AOE3 fully expanded? That doesn't seem logical.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just wondering why people would not get the expansions.
O_man0
Skirmisher
posted 05-14-09 07:14 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
balance.

balance on TAD without the FP is bull.

Also, TAD costs money, so why waste money on a less balanced game?!

I just kick japs :P

1st Leiut. with Russia , Master Sergeant with everything else.
My skill level is incalculable!!! Its been forever since I played seriously...
Mike Sass: Culverins are like Garrichistos, only theyre cannons.
CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 05-15-09 00:26 AM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
when i got on TAD for the second time today i was bombarded by like 10000 people , but that's just because i'm so popular lol

QUACK
Element of Power
Skirmisher
posted 05-15-09 01:38 AM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
In the manual it says I should still be able to play with people who have TWC - just not play as any of those civs.
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 05-15-09 08:32 AM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
You can host your own game, and people with or without TWC content can join (and they will not be able to use any of the native civs). But you can't even see or join any games with TWC content enabled (which is most of them). That's why it seems sparse online.

You have three choices at this point. Either buy TWC and get the content that lets you see the majority of games on the TAD server; or play on Vanilla server only and forget about TAD; or host your own TWC-disabled game on the TAD server and hope for the best.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 05-15-09 08:54 AM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
no, CL, it was because they wanted you to go back to vanilla.

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
≤≤≤≤≤See my YouTube channel for some crazy pointless crap!≥≥≥≥≥
buggy123
Skirmisher
posted 05-15-09 07:41 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
even with the TWC you don't get that much games...usually at 12:00 GMT there's less than 20 games and have of them are treaty/FP
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames