You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.13 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » AoE3 Simple ELO Ladders Announced
Bottom
Topic Subject:AoE3 Simple ELO Ladders Announced
A_US_James246
Scenario Reviewer
(id: James246)
posted 05-17-09 01:00 AM EDT (US)         

Due to the announcement of Elorating.com set to shut down in the next few months, the Japanese AoE3 Community have made up their own new rating ladder site. Their site is still in the development stage, and it may contain some bugs. If you see any bugs, please report them here.

They started collecting the game data on May 4th and are not carrying any data over from Elorating.com, which means that everyone will start from scratch.

Make sure you check out the ladders today at http://aoe3.game-server.cc/rating/

- James246
AuthorReplies:
CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 05-17-09 01:44 AM EDT (US)     1 / 13       
woot!

QUACK
Bart331
Skirmisher
posted 05-17-09 04:57 AM EDT (US)     2 / 13       
very nice

is the "simple elo rating" the same system elorating was using? Or is it a simplified version

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

Battle.net:Bart (227)
ESO:Bart331
buggy123
Skirmisher
posted 05-17-09 04:03 PM EDT (US)     3 / 13       
well...I guess there isn't any bugs on the ELO calculation part since I'm still around 1600 but I noticed it left out some games, I couldn't find my most recent one or the ones I played in nilla today. Guess I'll give them some time and check again later
Tyler McIntosh
Skirmisher
posted 05-17-09 05:38 PM EDT (US)     4 / 13       
They didn't take the elo or any of the stats from elorating.com over to this new website, so you get a fresh start now with your elo. Also they just recently started calculating stats, so some of your older games, won't be calculated. Also they calculate their stats differently from that of elorating.com, so now it is much harder to gain elo.
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 05-17-09 06:45 PM EDT (US)     5 / 13       
so if you had a rating of 1950 you get wiped clean? :/

Not that I have ever gotten anywhere near that. It's just kinda lame.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
A_US_James246
Scenario Reviewer
posted 05-18-09 02:25 AM EDT (US)     6 / 13       
Yeh, it is pretty lame. Oh well Better than no ladders at all, but Elorating.com seems to be working again now...
Sir_SR
Skirmisher
posted 05-18-09 03:55 AM EDT (US)     7 / 13       
wahoooooo......NOT

don't think of me as strange but who really cares about ladders, this game is a game, when you add the ladders people get obsesed with rank and elo and it ruins the fun of a good game

(there is my 2 cents)

Eso: Sir_SR

Some say that he only faces the north pole, and that he thought that the "credit crunch" was a ceral brand, all we know is he's call THE STIG! - Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear

[this message has been edited due to the lameness of Strategic Joel]
A_US_James246
Scenario Reviewer
posted 05-18-09 04:38 AM EDT (US)     8 / 13       
People always like to see how well you are going in a game, so you can see your skill level. PR isn't a very good indicator. Elo is more accurate.

Elo also shows point-traders, noob-bashers and cheaters
ChrisTheMean
Skirmisher
posted 05-18-09 05:04 AM EDT (US)     9 / 13       
How could I tell someone is a cheater with elo? That would be handy to know.

ESO:ChrisTheMean
N3O Clan Website
Of myChinese Confucian Confusion FF MarneusCalgar said, "It sounds like an 70's kung-fu movie." And it is.

[This message has been edited by christhemean (edited 05-18-2009 @ 05:06 AM).]

Tyler McIntosh
Skirmisher
posted 05-18-09 09:53 AM EDT (US)     10 / 13       
Although it would be more fun without ranks and stuff, it would probably result in less cheaters, since they have nothing to cheat for. Also all your prior elo you got, will not be included from before May 4th, as they only started collecting data at that time. Also they are not going to transfer anything from now on from elorating.com so it is all fresh, and theirs. There is also tons of sites around the internet, where you can read more about it.
A_US_James246
Scenario Reviewer
posted 05-18-09 08:06 PM EDT (US)     11 / 13       
How could I tell someone is a cheater with elo? That would be handy to know.
You can kind of tell, that when someone cheats they will generally win all their games. You can then click on 'Details' of the game, and then you can tell if they were cheating say for example, they had Mercs in Age 2
CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 05-18-09 08:48 PM EDT (US)     12 / 13       
Although it would be more fun without ranks and stuff, it would probably result in less cheaters, since they have nothing to cheat for.
huh? How would it be fun if you randomly keep playing people until you find someone close enough to your level to enjoy the game? If there was no ranking of any sorts you could be playing some conscript level person to a brigadier and you would be clueless until the game starts (also then people might leave in team games more often as their ranking wouldn't get hurt since it doesn't exist...)

QUACK
Lord_Richjp
Skirmisher
posted 05-19-09 05:32 AM EDT (US)     13 / 13       
The details bit on ELO just links to agecomm stats though...

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames