Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Urumi Swordsmen
Bottom
Topic Subject:Urumi Swordsmen
No_nickname
Skirmisher
posted 08-23-09 02:44 PM EDT (US)         
Ok, so I recently played a couple of FFA games, one as the Ottomans on Deccan, and the other one as the Aztecs on Honshu - Regicide.
In both games, I ended up being pwned by Indian Urumi Swordsmen...

These little half-naked guys seem to massacre just about everything i send at them, even cavalry (Urumis get a penalty agains cav so i guess they are their counter?).

In the first game my Abus Guns dealt a decent ammount of damage vs. them too, but they got killed nearly instantly when meleed because of the Urumi's area attack. The same thing happened to my Hussars.

In the second game, I tried using a mixture of Coyote Runners and Eagle Knights vs the Urumis...which failed completely. Although I could hit-n'-run the Urumis, the Eagle Knights dealt only a very small ammount of damage to them. The Coyote runners were lucky if they could hit the Urumis twice, not even to mention actually beating them.

So my question is, what is it that's actually good against these half-naked men in their underwear that look like mentally ill seven-year olds with whips?
As far as I can see, the Aztecs really have nothing that I can see will do that, but what about the Ottomans? Will massed cavalry work?

Of course the Indian could then just make Howdahs though...

Check out my YouTube channel for AoEO videos!
ESO2: No_nickname | AoEO: NoNick331
"anything less than 40 hours is nub men, me i go for like 76 hours the best as i can get to imp in 14 mins then go on holiday for 2 days then come back and make some mil or w/e" - bloodoats
AuthorReplies:
DukeLeto
Skirmisher
posted 08-23-09 03:01 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Looks like cav and cannons counter them as they seem to be some kind of skirmisher, correct me if I'm wrong.
No_nickname
Skirmisher
posted 08-23-09 03:47 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
Yes, cannons might work, but even with their 75% ranged resistance I doubt they will work well without a meatshield.
And as I have experienced that meatshield won't last for long...

Also, Howdahs counter both cavalry and cannons

"anything less than 40 hours is nub men, me i go for like 76 hours the best as i can get to imp in 14 mins then go on holiday for 2 days then come back and make some mil or w/e" - bloodoats

[This message has been edited by No_nickname (edited 08-23-2009 @ 03:49 PM).]

Sad_But_True
Skirmisher
posted 08-23-09 04:00 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
Also, Howdahs counter both cavalry and cannons
That's because they are a super version of a Dragoon..

On your Urumi problem you gotta remember if they are in Industrial, they are Guard level. So don't expect Colonial level Hussars beating them.

The trick to counter Urumi is either really good Hit and Run micro with Dragoons or cav spam.
No_nickname
Skirmisher
posted 08-23-09 05:04 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
On your Urumi problem you gotta remember if they are in Industrial, they are Guard level. So don't expect Colonial level Hussars beating them.
Good point, I'll have to remember to upgrade my cavalry.

Thanks for the help & quick reply!

CunniJA
Skirmisher
posted 08-23-09 05:07 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
I feel your pain. In 3v3 Randoms, TEAM 5 Urumi often can change the course of a game or seal the deal for the India guy's team. I've only seen Cuira able to beat that reliably.

A_S: "Cunni's pic wins thread otherwise failing due to being 5-7 years behind the times."
"Brilliant cunni simply brilliant"
C_MAG: "CunniJA's post is epic win."
A414A_Incog
Veteran Musketeer I
posted 08-23-09 06:18 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Focus fire and Hnr.
Conquerer_MAG
Skirmisher
posted 08-24-09 02:21 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
Don't play with Indian players

GR acc name: Ultraviolet [egn]
'hey l0bst0r3r!! r u j3w!sH ?? c@n U t3LL m3 wH3r3 t0 g3t s0m3 k0sH0r r3c!p3s?
i l!k3 k0sh0r f00d th3r3's a j00ish r3st4ur4nt 4r0uNd t3h c0rn0r but it's s0 3xp3ns!v3'
-l33th4x0r
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames