You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Cards stack up?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Cards stack up?
sinister8891
Skirmisher
posted 01-28-10 02:01 PM EDT (US)         
Hey guys, I have a question.

When you use cards to improve how fast you gather resources, do they stack up or is it just the best card that counts.

For example, if I have a card that improves speed to collect food by 10% and a card for 50% and I use both, will my production increase by 60% or just 50%?

thanks
AuthorReplies:
Lord_Sami
Skirmisher
posted 01-28-10 02:23 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
The more techs you get, the faster you gather. They don't replace each others' effects. So 60

'09 Match Of Death Winner

My elorating

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. -Napoleon
dOPplesaurus
Skirmisher
posted 01-28-10 03:01 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
where is this card that increases food gathering by 50% :P
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 01-28-10 03:07 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
They stack, but calculate their added benefits from the base value at all times.

So if food gathering at baseline is 0.5 food per vill per second and you send a 20% bonus card, and then later on a 50% bonus card, your end result will be 0.5 x 0.2 + 0.5 x 0.5 + 0.5 food per vill per second.

The same thing applies with techs you research at the Market or mill or whatnot, or aging up with the Wise Woman.

There is not a card that increases by 50% but if you research the imperial age gathering techs at the Capitol you get a 50% gather rate boost.

Otherwise, all other things being equal, it does not matter what order you send the cards in, they all apply additively independent of each other. So ideally when two or more gathering bonus cards are available to you at a certain age, send the biggest boost first.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.

[This message has been edited by As_Saffah (edited 01-28-2010 @ 03:13 PM).]

CunniJA
Skirmisher
posted 01-29-10 06:36 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
I wish they did stack, that would be epic.

A_S: "Cunni's pic wins thread otherwise failing due to being 5-7 years behind the times."
"Brilliant cunni simply brilliant"
C_MAG: "CunniJA's post is epic win."
BilboBeutlin
Skirmisher
posted 01-30-10 07:29 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
If the tech's relativity is "BasePercent", then never mind. Mathematically it's equal whether it's calculated "base * x * y" or "base * y * x"
But if the relativity is "Absolute", it makes a difference. Do you remember the Capitol techs, which improve hero HPs by 1500 resp. 1000? There it makes a difference if you apply a card or treasure bonus in percent before or after the Capitol improvement.
Something similiar with unit speed. The arsenal tech multiplies, but some treasure bonus add a speed improvement.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames