You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.21 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Where'd they go?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Where'd they go?
QWW123
Skirmisher
posted 01-31-10 02:17 AM EDT (US)         
Sometimes when I'm playing a skirmish my Town Center disappears. It's not destroyed it's just gone. Any ideas why?
AuthorReplies:
morgoth93
Skirmisher
posted 01-31-10 03:02 AM EDT (US)     1 / 21       
i must be tired cause i have no clue what youre talking about.

When did ignorance become a point of view?-Scott Adams
One day as I sat musing,alone and melancholy without a friend,there came a voice out of gloom saying'Cheer Up,things might be worse.'And sure enough,things got worse.
Myll_Erik
Seraph Emeritus
posted 01-31-10 03:52 AM EDT (US)     2 / 21       
Aside from it being destroyed or it being deleted, there is no other way for it to disappear in game. Sometimes you can get bugged and have no starting TC depending on how the map is laid out - however, once you have one it won't just disappear. Can you get some screen shots or add more details?

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Trample the Weak - Hurdle the Dead!
"It's kind of a...persnickety magic." Atzy
End of Nations!
End of Nations Community Manager
Ha_Luke
Sig Award Winner
posted 01-31-10 04:32 AM EDT (US)     3 / 21       
It's a bug with Russia and Germany. Sometimes when they reach age 4, their TC becomes invisible. You can still select it with your hotkey (T) though.

"There must be some way out of here," said the joker to the thief
[TΣ]_Ha_Luke_331

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
-Voltaire
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers. " - Plato
wonkwink
Skirmisher
posted 01-31-10 08:11 AM EDT (US)     4 / 21       
^yeah but you can't store villagers inside it which sucks.

ESO name: wonkwink
dOPplesaurus
Skirmisher
posted 01-31-10 09:17 AM EDT (US)     5 / 21       
QWW123
Skirmisher
posted 01-31-10 11:51 AM EDT (US)     6 / 21       
Well, it's gone. You can't select it just not there. It happens on all civilizations.
Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 01-31-10 01:16 PM EDT (US)     7 / 21       
No, Luke is correct. It's a Russian/German bug that happens occasionally upon reaching the Industrial Age. I think that it can only happen to your starting town center, though.

ESO2: Kyle_The_Brave
Clan: Proud Officer of Trỉρℓε ΣņτễηţϠ, [TΣ]

"Why make your own inspirational quotes when you can just read the side of O_Man's Ssips juices?" - A wise prophet
"The best way to die is to spontaneously combust during a drum solo battle with Lars Ulrich" - The Blair
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 01-31-10 01:34 PM EDT (US)     8 / 21       
I remember playing a 2v2 against a Russian and a German and having them both age up to industrial about the same time, and both simultaneously accuse me (the host) of cheating to make their TCs disappear.

They still won and were still whinging about it at game's end.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
BilboBeutlin
Skirmisher
posted 01-31-10 02:53 PM EDT (US)     9 / 21       
There are two possibilities how TCs (or other buildings) can disappear.

1) a TC is invisible, however still present (selectable by hotkey)
So far I've experienced it happens at view updates (eg. age-up). Like already mentioned, mainly concerning east-european TC model.

2) a TC disappears totally
It happened to me sometimes on certain random maps with bad terrain at starting location, that I got immediately after start the message "You have lost ..." - happens even on official/default maps. Starting in nomad mode works though.
LordKivlov
Royal Guard
posted 01-31-10 03:50 PM EDT (US)     10 / 21       
Eastern European civs TC's disappear, including the Ottos. Western Euros don't have this problem because they have a different model for their TC.

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
Jeaglex
Skirmisher
posted 01-31-10 07:27 PM EDT (US)     11 / 21       
think i know what he means..

I played a 2v2 a while ago. i started and my town center simply wasnt there. There was my explorer and scout, but no tc. ...And my pertner only spoke french.

we still won though :P
QWW123
Skirmisher
posted 02-01-10 01:03 AM EDT (US)     12 / 21       
It's weird. I just play normally then all of a sudden it freezes for ten seconds then I notice my TC wasn't there.
morgoth93
Skirmisher
posted 02-01-10 01:51 AM EDT (US)     13 / 21       
the mystery of the phantom town center

When did ignorance become a point of view?-Scott Adams
One day as I sat musing,alone and melancholy without a friend,there came a voice out of gloom saying'Cheer Up,things might be worse.'And sure enough,things got worse.
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-01-10 10:15 AM EDT (US)     14 / 21       
the problem is that the Industrial Age East Euro TC .ddt file is either missing or corrupt in the game files. This affects only Russia and Germany. Otto uses the Mediterranean TC ddt so it doesn't have this problem.

So the object and its tactics are there, but the graphic representation of the object is missing. Hence, it works with keyboard, but none of the GUI interactions work.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.

[This message has been edited by As_Saffah (edited 02-01-2010 @ 10:16 AM).]

No_nickname
Skirmisher
posted 02-01-10 12:53 PM EDT (US)     15 / 21       
This bug is quite OP actually, as long as you know the hotkeys to control it

Check out my YouTube channel for AoEO videos!
ESO2: No_nickname | AoEO: NoNick331
"anything less than 40 hours is nub men, me i go for like 76 hours the best as i can get to imp in 14 mins then go on holiday for 2 days then come back and make some mil or w/e" - bloodoats
legoman960
Skirmisher
posted 02-01-10 03:24 PM EDT (US)     16 / 21       
i know that it has happened in some scenarios but that is the only time i have seen it- my ally aged up and his tc disapeared
QWW123
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-10 00:23 AM EDT (US)     17 / 21       
It doesn't matter really, I just save quit and load it again.
Overshield
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-10 00:37 AM EDT (US)     18 / 21       
Is the TC also invisible to the enemy? Because if so then it could be an advantage, not a disadvantage.

It happened to me once playing as Russia on New England. When you make a villie it looks like they're just materialising out of thin air.
RuOhYpNol
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-10 03:13 AM EDT (US)     19 / 21       
haha cuz producing a villager otherwise doesn't make it pop out of thin air?? :P
CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 02-02-10 05:20 PM EDT (US)     20 / 21       
Is the TC also invisible to the enemy? Because if so then it could be an advantage, not a disadvantage.
yes, but they can still destroy it with attack move and IIRC units will still auto attack it

QUACK
Eternal War0
Skirmisher
posted 02-03-10 07:12 AM EDT (US)     21 / 21       
Noobs do not know what attack move is. Plus they'll complain about hax either way so that gives you time to micro while they say they r00tz0red your invisible base.

It does mean they have to guess it's location and attack move assuming they're intelligent enough to know it's there in the first place, a lot of players couldn't be bothered with this which means they won't take it down as quickly and may be hit by more shots from it.

Good grief!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames