You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.21 replies, Closed
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Aoe4 announcement - Rumor Only
Bottom
Topic Subject:Aoe4 announcement - Rumor Only
Adac
Skirmisher
posted 02-06-10 10:50 AM EDT (US)         
Aoe4 will be announced shortly. My original estimation of February 17, 2010 might be off by a bit because of a few delays, but it will be announced before April 1, 2010.

In the next few months Robot will be finishing the engine for which Aoe4 will be played on. They are now working heavily on game development and game play. Aloysius is secretly scouting the community for ideas as to what is desired in the next game.

Now is the time to post all of your suggestions for what you want in an Aoe4 game. Robot is listening. (or reading at least :P)

Make us proud Aloysius and help us deliver the best game yet!
AuthorReplies:
Cheap Plastic Rosary
Skirmisher
(id: D0ct0r Wh0)
posted 02-06-10 11:58 AM EDT (US)     1 / 21       
Something featuring units from the time of the Napoleonic Wars (cannons, muskets, horses), up through the Civil War, World War 1 (primitive tanks, machine guns, those funny, shallow helmets with the wide brims on them), ending around WW II (real tanks, aeroplanes, and a nuclear age superweapon: the atom bomb).

Playable civs should include France, the United States, Germany, Austrio-Hungaria, the Ottoman Empire, Russia, Japan, and Britain.

Rather than minor civs as AO3, perhaps there should be a building more like the consulate or the embassy allowing you to hire men from other countries, including some countries not included in the game list. Ireland and Poland would be prime candidates for "minor" civilizations, while France, Britain, and America would be excellent "major" civ candidates for "mercenaries".

Unless you can think of a way to build trade routes and railroads in game, I would stick with the "trade route" concept found in AO3. But I would start with primitive trains (like the early Norris class engines, or even Stephenson's Rocket), work your way up to more powerful 4-4-0s or ten-wheelers (4-6-0s), and then with the advent of articulated locomotives you can build larger locomotives. Heck, if you're feeling ambitious, you can even throw in primitive electric locomotives!

...[T]he least initial deviation from the truth is multiplied later a thousandfold. -Aristotle, De Caelo

On the lips of the catechist the first proclamation must ring out over and over: “Jesus Christ loves you; he gave his life to save you; and now he is living at your side every day to enlighten, strengthen and free you.” - Pope Francis, The Joy of the Gospel

Call me out if I fail or seem to fail to live up to either of these. Either I will learn something, you will learn something, or we both will.
MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 02-06-10 12:16 PM EDT (US)     2 / 21       
Aoe4 will be announced shortly. My original estimation of February 17, 2010 might be off by a bit because of a few delays, but it will be announced before April 1, 2010.

In the next few months Robot will be finishing the engine for which Aoe4 will be played on. They are now working heavily on game development and game play.
May I ask who your source is?

Did they give you a permission to announce AOE4 for them?

One thing we need to be careful about is spreading rumors, and revealing information that is not supposed to be revealed yet.
legio1984
Skirmisher
posted 02-06-10 02:18 PM EDT (US)     3 / 21       
@ ADAC:

I don't know if you are saying the truth. However: Do you know if AOE4 will be a set in the ancient times or in medieval times?
HAve you talked with Aloysius?

[This message has been edited by legio1984 (edited 02-06-2010 @ 02:19 PM).]

Adac
Skirmisher
posted 02-06-10 02:55 PM EDT (US)     4 / 21       
Of course I am telling the truth. I've had a bit of time on my hand to track Aloysius's movement.

Also, the fact that multiples posts of mine on Age community, similar to this one, have been deleted by Aloysious. Each one states that my posts have been "Inappropriate." I think he doesn't want me to lessen the "wow" factor when it is actually announced.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Aloysius asks Erik to close this post as well.

Just remember, where you heard it first :P
legio1984
Skirmisher
posted 02-06-10 03:50 PM EDT (US)     5 / 21       
What do you mean by "Aloysius's movement"?
dOPplesaurus
Skirmisher
posted 02-06-10 03:55 PM EDT (US)     6 / 21       
No_nickname
Skirmisher
posted 02-06-10 05:08 PM EDT (US)     7 / 21       
I think he doesn't want me to lessen the "wow" factor when it is actually announced.
That train passed years ago lol. I will not get surprised if AoE4 is announced, because of people like you

But please give me your sources. Or are they "classified"?

Check out my YouTube channel for AoEO videos!
ESO2: No_nickname | AoEO: NoNick331
"anything less than 40 hours is nub men, me i go for like 76 hours the best as i can get to imp in 14 mins then go on holiday for 2 days then come back and make some mil or w/e" - bloodoats
Bart331
Skirmisher
posted 02-06-10 06:00 PM EDT (US)     8 / 21       
nice rumour adacc, i think this is going on since 2006....

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

Battle.net:Bart (227)
ESO:Bart331
Michael Phelps
Skirmisher
posted 02-06-10 07:07 PM EDT (US)     9 / 21       
Hai guzz, RE want me to provide voice for 1 of the new characters in AoE4, they originally approached me bk in 2006.

So I can confirm AoEV is happening.
bloodoats
Skirmisher
posted 02-06-10 07:39 PM EDT (US)     10 / 21       
aloysius removes/blocks/bans with the most cursory of explanations and will not eloborate or go back on any decision, maybe there is another explanation?
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-06-10 08:02 PM EDT (US)     11 / 21       
I don't see any hard evidence whatsoever. Adac, if you have any reliable source for your rumour, I suggest you check with that source to make sure it's OK for you to post it, and then for the lord's sake, post it.

Otherwise I wouldn't be surprised if this thread met the same fate as your other comments elsewhere.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
Green_Chile
Skirmisher
posted 02-06-10 10:46 PM EDT (US)     12 / 21       
I'm not gonna second-guess you adac. What is it gonna be? Personally, I think they should tackle American history from the revolution to the Spanish-American War, with Mexico, Union, Rebelling Colonists, the CSA, Spain, and Canada as civs.
Mariomasta RJK
Skirmisher
posted 02-07-10 08:13 AM EDT (US)     13 / 21       
Lulz..... its not coming out this year whoever believes him... wow

DISTISOP
ESO: Blitzkrieg_Mario
Prefered civs: Hell, I like them all.
Rank: TWC PR 18 (master sergeant) TAD PR 17, Vanilla PR 12

Clan: Triple Entente
Favorite games: Dofus, AoE 3, Tremulous, CoD 4, SSBB, Urban Terror
QWW123
Skirmisher
posted 02-07-10 12:07 PM EDT (US)     14 / 21       
YAY!
jds2012
Skirmisher
posted 02-08-10 08:40 AM EDT (US)     15 / 21       
...yeah right

Keep him from expanding. Keep him scared. Keep him making the wrong type of troops. Control the game, don't react to it.
-Ender_Ward
goodspeed2
Skirmisher
posted 02-08-10 10:09 AM EDT (US)     16 / 21       
my god adacc i'm getting pretty sick of following you everywhere and telling everyone that you're just guessing

adacc is just guessing guys, he can't be sure so there's no reason to believe any word he says. it's just a rumour.

although we do have reason to believe that AOE4 is the game they're working on because of the post that viper made on AS, and if aloysius would tell someone what he's working on it would be viper. but we can't be sure, so don't get your hopes up.

if you have suggestions, post them in viper's thread on AS because there they will be read. im afraid i can't link you to it now because AS seems to be down.

[This message has been edited by goodspeed2 (edited 02-08-2010 @ 10:12 AM).]

Bart331
Skirmisher
posted 02-08-10 10:12 AM EDT (US)     17 / 21       
damnit, agesanc is down again

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

Battle.net:Bart (227)
ESO:Bart331
goodspeed2
Skirmisher
posted 02-08-10 10:13 AM EDT (US)     18 / 21       
The Jackal
Skirmisher
posted 02-08-10 03:09 PM EDT (US)     19 / 21       
My only suggestion is to go back to the beginning, and release an updated 'Ancient World' game. Age of Mythology II would also be welcome.
NerVe_Viper
Age Sanctuary Admin
(id: FeaR_VipeR)
posted 02-08-10 05:19 PM EDT (US)     20 / 21       
I did not make that topic at the request of Aloysius lol

You should stop spreading these rumours, Adacc...

AoE3 Heaven cherub
AgeSanctuary administrator
NerVe Clan member

[This message has been edited by StR_VipeR (edited 02-08-2010 @ 05:21 PM).]

Myll_Erik
Seraph Emeritus
posted 02-08-10 06:11 PM EDT (US)     21 / 21       
No need for a rumor mill - stop saying things unless you have proof.

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Trample the Weak - Hurdle the Dead!
"It's kind of a...persnickety magic." Atzy
End of Nations!
End of Nations Community Manager
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames