You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Problem Playing Online with Gameranger
Bottom
Topic Subject:Problem Playing Online with Gameranger
Calibos2009
Skirmisher
posted 02-12-10 03:51 PM EDT (US)         
I am new to the this game and play TWC. Because everyone says playing online is the way to go, I recently tried to play online on Gameranger. Unfortunately there were no games available for TWC -- only for AOE3 vanilla and TAD. So, I inserted the vanilla disk into my computer (MAC) and tried to join a vanilla game. I got an error message saying version mismatch, and was thrown into LAN, which was worthless because I am not on a LAN. So I couldn't play and returned to the AI.

Is this because I have the latest updates for AOE3 and TWC and the vanilla players don't? Does anyone have an explanation that could help me?
AuthorReplies:
tE_1x1
Skirmisher
posted 02-12-10 04:39 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
IIRC a lot of the mac community plays FP so maybe that's the problem
Calibos2009
Skirmisher
posted 02-13-10 12:12 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
Thanks.

Can you help my ignorance? What is IIRC?

Which fan patch do they play?
tE_1x1
Skirmisher
posted 02-13-10 12:19 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
IIRC=if I remember correctly

Also I just realized that you said you were having problems with vanilla, which makes my above advice totally useless because there is no fanpatch for vanilla. My solution would be to reinstall your game and make sure you have downloaded the latest patch. You should probably ask aroudn on gameranger though, as I have no idea how AoE3 for Mac works
Mitoe
Skirmisher
posted 02-13-10 12:19 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
You said you were playing on Mac? To play you're going to need the patches:

http://destineergames.com/support/?page_id=88

On that page there's one for Vanilla, TWC, and TAD. Also, with this update you won't need to put the disk in everytime you want to play

Hope I helped, my name's {PHX} Alaron on GameRanger.
tE_1x1
Skirmisher
posted 02-13-10 12:20 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
^ yeah do that
DukeLeto
Skirmisher
posted 02-14-10 04:58 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 02-14-10 07:22 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
no it's a new account

QUACK
Calibos2009
Skirmisher
posted 02-15-10 08:40 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
Thanks for the link to the latest updates. Apple didn't have the latest on their site. I was able to join a game for the 1st time on the weekend. Unfortunately, it was this jacked up game where everyone started with a million resources and had to get a llama in the center of the map.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames