Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Japanese questions
Bottom
Topic Subject:Japanese questions
knightwolfx
Skirmisher
posted 02-14-10 09:04 PM EDT (US)         
Do I pick all the berry bushes near my TC before using the cherry orchard?

Should I sent the cherry orchard card a second time instead of sending flooded parcel?

Should I bother making a consulate when getting rushed early? I usually get the bank before picking japanese isolation which is mid-colonial when I have enough export to get it and have enough resource to pump out 10 units. I normally make it when I have a 300 wood start but other then that it doesn't seem very useful when rushed early on. I sometimes just get bushido early and forget the bank when I think I will really need it as I can get it right away with the Toshogu Shrine.

Is it a good idea to get the market upgrades early when getting rushed or know your going to get rushed? I think that the Imperial Bureaucracy tech is great (10% all gather rates) but the cost seems too much early on(200F, 300W, 200G), but then I would be only making like 5 units which that resource which doesn't seem much.

Should I make as many shrines as fast as possible or save the wood for units/research? I checked to see how fast the resource came in when building all the shrines without having hunts near them and the gather rate seemed decent especially with the Toshogu Shrine+Heavenly Kami. Building the shrines near the close hunts then building all the rest in the back of your base making a wall seems more efficent then building them all over the place getting razed right?

What shrine is better for defending a rush? Toshogu Shrine or Torii Gates? I played with both and the Toshogu Shrine is great with the 300 wood start but not that great on maps with little hunts or when getting rushed very early. When I use the Torii Gates I can get exp faster and can get my 3rd card right away but then building a lot of shrines would also get me exp when going with the Toshogu.

I still have some questions but these are the main ones for now.
AuthorReplies:
Mariomasta RJK
Skirmisher
posted 02-14-10 09:21 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
1. doesnt matter both same speed
2. depends consulates can be good shinobi are good defense
3. never get markets when your being rushed, wasted res, defend...
4. Shrine asap unless getting rushed, if you send kami+toshuga always shrine
5. torii is better for defense imo, quicker ships and rax, but toshuga in most situations is better.

DISTISOP
ESO: Blitzkrieg_Mario
Prefered civs: Hell, I like them all.
Rank: TWC PR 18 (master sergeant) TAD PR 17, Vanilla PR 12

Clan: Triple Entente
Favorite games: Dofus, AoE 3, Tremulous, CoD 4, SSBB, Urban Terror
DUolCKrad
Veteran Musketeer (Content Contributor)
posted 02-14-10 11:34 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
Do I pick all the berry bushes near my TC before using the cherry orchard?
Use your Cherry Orchard to scout at the beginning of the game and put your villagers on berries or your other Orchard, but after that it doesn't matter. Cherry Orchards can be placed a bit closer to your TC and a bit safer though.
Should I sent the cherry orchard card a second time instead of sending flooded parcel?
It's preferable to only have to send the card once.
Should I bother making a consulate when getting rushed early? I usually get the bank before picking japanese isolation which is mid-colonial when I have enough export to get it and have enough resource to pump out 10 units. I normally make it when I have a 300 wood start but other then that it doesn't seem very useful when rushed early on. I sometimes just get bushido early and forget the bank when I think I will really need it as I can get it right away with the Toshogu Shrine.
Yes and no. Do not use it to ally with anything but isolation if you're getting rushed, and ally with Portugeuse when not. Usually when allying with the Ports you'd have a 300 wood start and would be able to use the cheaper buildings + Heavenly Kami to spam a lot of shrines. If you're going the isolation route, it's usually in Discovery-Colonial transition (in which case you send 300 wood first and 300 export second to bring out nine Shinobi or twelve Yamabushi) or later on after you've set up a better economy and military. The 300 wood -> 300 export route is counter-rush, but it is also possible to skip the Consulate entirely or do a more economically-oriented 2 Villagers -> 600 Wood or Kami -> 600 Wood
Is it a good idea to get the market upgrades early when getting rushed or know your going to get rushed? I think that the Imperial Bureaucracy tech is great (10% all gather rates) but the cost seems too much early on(200F, 300W, 200G), but then I would be only making like 5 units which that resource which doesn't seem much.
I don't usually even make a market until after I've survived the rush, but usually against a rush it's because I'm doing the previously mentioned Consulate strategy (300 wood -> 300 export) and thus have no resources to even make Villagers, much less a market.
Should I make as many shrines as fast as possible or save the wood for units/research?
It depends heavily on the situation. If you're being pushed heavily, make enough such that you can produce units freely even if you were to lose a shrine or two. If not, get many shrines but simultaneously try to get market techs and other things
I checked to see how fast the resource came in when building all the shrines without having hunts near them and the gather rate seemed decent especially with the Toshogu Shrine+Heavenly Kami. Building the shrines near the close hunts then building all the rest in the back of your base making a wall seems more efficent then building them all over the place getting razed right?

Getting your Shrines razed can be a good thing. It keeps your opponent away from your base which buys you time to set yourself up and also can make him spread his army out, thus giving you an opportunity to push. Generally try to build your shrines spread out far, as the difference in gather rates with and without animals is actually very large.
What shrine is better for defending a rush? Toshogu Shrine or Torii Gates? I played with both and the Toshogu Shrine is great with the 300 wood start but not that great on maps with little hunts or when getting rushed very early. When I use the Torii Gates I can get exp faster and can get my 3rd card right away but then building a lot of shrines would also get me exp when going with the Toshogu.
Torii Gates are probably better from a purely survival-based perspective, but the Toshogu shrine as a whole is superior. The 20 population and 200 export (or even 150 on FP) is essential especially with an early Consulate. If you take the isolation route, you can also ship in your own military rickshaw for 100 export at a slightly later time, so it's best to just use the Toshogu as the standard and the Torii Gates or other wonders in some exceptions.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames