You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Robot Art Contest - Answers from N8
Bottom
Topic Subject:Robot Art Contest - Answers from N8
Myll_Erik
Seraph Emeritus
posted 10-27-10 11:30 AM EDT (US)         
I got the chance to ask the artist representing HG some questions and here is what he had to say. Seems like a pretty good guy. Thanks N8 and Justin.

∑ What was your inspiration for your art?

N8 - I try to draw inspiration from as many different sources as I can. It seems like every day I find some new artists website or blog that gets me inspired. I am a huge fan of movies and love it when a film comes out that uses the latest special effects. I donít play as many games as I would like but I try to keep up to date with the different looks and art styles out there.

∑ What is your typical day at Robot like?

N8 - A typical day at Robot usually starts with me grabbing a coffee and getting set up for the days work. I get caught up on my email and then we usually have a quick artist scrum at around 10. From there I usually have a quick meeting with my art lead to make sure I on track and have enough work on my plate to keep me busy. After that I typically work till lunch, then a bunch of us usually grab something and come back. If there is enough time left some of us usually play a little Battlefield Bad Company 2.

After lunch its back to work. I put on my head phones and work till around 5. During this time there is usually a quick meeting here and there which helps to break up the day. At 5 I will go grab a quick snack and then go back to my desk where I will push through till about 6:30. Usually by that time everyone is starting to pack it in for the day so I either shut it down and head home or play a little bit of Battlefield.

∑ What all lead to your current job? (Past jobs?)

N8 - My journey to Robot entertainment was a pretty simple one. I studied classical and computer animation in college as well as a brief stint in technical illustration and graphic design. After finishing school I was lucky enough to get a job at Ensemble studios. I stayed there for a little over 7 years but unfortunately the studio was closed. I was lucky enough to join up with Robot.

∑ What do you do in your free time?

N8 - I typically enjoy drawing and watching TV in my free time. I play the odd game here and there but never as much as I would like.

∑ Do you have any websites or blogs fans of yours could follow?

N8 - I do have a blog that people can follow which reminds me that I need to update it.
http://kontrol-zee.blogspot.com/

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Trample the Weak - Hurdle the Dead!
"It's kind of a...persnickety magic." Atzy
End of Nations!
End of Nations Community Manager
AuthorReplies:
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 10-27-10 12:57 PM EDT (US)     1 / 1       
The latest pic looks like a level from Unreal Tournament. It could be an ancient monastery or an abandoned military installation.

I don't think it's too hard to see where much of his inspiration comes from. The rest remind me of big blockbuster action movie posters, more than anything. I think that's what makes games like Left 4 Dead so compelling, is it emphasizes that the players are the heroes of their own adventure story.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames