Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.16 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Balance suggestions
Bottom
Topic Subject:Balance suggestions
Pretor54
Skirmisher
posted 11-01-10 09:51 AM EDT (US)         
Idk if this has been posted before...
What are yor balance suggestions? Weaken an unit,make it stronger?
My suggs are
1)Make dopps better against pikes/halbs/swisspikes
2)Have a limit of cloaked units
3)Give ruyter and eagles a little more range, like 12->15
4)Give ashis no melee multiplier
So,what are your thoughts and suggs? This can be a post war... but it would be very fun to see it (not so much if participating)

But you'll have to forgive me. I'm a noob, and I do noobish things, you may be a pro now, but you were noob once. Are you going to deny it, Frenk?
The leader that dies in a last stand will (usually) be remembered forever. The leader that did NOT die (in a last stand) won't be remembered, cuz he didn't die for his homeland.
AuthorReplies:
Ha_Luke
Sig Award Winner
posted 11-01-10 11:09 AM EDT (US)     1 / 16       
1)Make dopps better against pikes/halbs/swisspikes
Hell no!

They are meant to counter cav and they already too good vs these types of units.
3)Give ruyter and eagles a little more range, like 12->15
They will become too good.
4)Give ashis no melee multiplier
Why would you do that? They are meant to counter cav in melee like all musk types.

My balance suggestions:

Nerf India/Japan/Iro/Bowriders/Bart331.

"There must be some way out of here," said the joker to the thief
[TΣ]_Ha_Luke_331

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
-Voltaire
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers. " - Plato
StormComing
Skirmisher
posted 11-01-10 01:16 PM EDT (US)     2 / 16       
eh, i dont use any of those units accept ashi in sup :P
but ya they gotta keep their melee bonus vs calv.. or they stop becoming muskets.

but idk but pretty sure RE arent making any more patches
gotta look to fan patches for this stuff

ESO: StormComing/SoulSong
Activity: Retired (GG peace out)
http://www.youtube.com/user/StorminAOE3
tE_1x1
Skirmisher
posted 11-01-10 03:45 PM EDT (US)     3 / 16       
Can you elaborate on why you have suggested these changes?
Pretor54
Skirmisher
posted 11-01-10 06:46 PM EDT (US)     4 / 16       
Umm, I got confused with myself with this, but my reasons to suggest this is:
1)Dopps better against pike/halb: Well, this is more a historical suggest; the dopps zerked against the first line of the enemy army, generally composed by pikemans, or halberdiers. With the Zweihnder they broke the pike (not the pikeman, but the weapon). Same happened with the halberds.
But suggesting this is kinda dangerous, and unfair.

2)The cloak limit: Your Aztec enemy sends his main army against you. You had a second army waiting for that. His main army marcher toward your city, and then your second army enters in Tenochtitlan, it's absolutely undefended. when your second army is deep inside, 50 coyotes+50 jaguars appear from nowhere, and crush your troops (This could happen with even MORE stealthed units, and with all the native american civs).

3)Add range to some units: eagles and ruyters are a little down in this. A goon/musk has 16, but, anyway. They are useful to counter artillery and hand cav, so, even lesser range is still useful. The original idea here was to give grens better stats. They have 12 range, and attack with grenades. A railworker (dunno if this is the name. I mean the campaign guys used in the final scenario of Ice) has 16 (not sure), 4 more than a specialized unit. Also, railworkers can mine and pick up resources. They're simple an OP version of grens. But the artillery-specialized unit is the gren, the UP version.

4)Make the name 'musketeer' useless in case of ashis: That was the first thing that came into my mind to nerf ashis. But they wouldn't be musks anymore, so, another way to nerf them is: Give ashis no melee multiplier against >>Light Inf<<

Maybe also add a little (0.15/0.30) speed to skirms would make a unit meant to hit&run very (too much, maybe) useful for hit&run. They'd be like guerrilleros, the name that the spanish version of Age 3 gives to them.

Am I suggesting the creation of OP units with these suggs?

@Ha_Luke: One of your balance suggs is nerfing Bart331?

But you'll have to forgive me. I'm a noob, and I do noobish things, you may be a pro now, but you were noob once. Are you going to deny it, Frenk?
The leader that dies in a last stand will (usually) be remembered forever. The leader that did NOT die (in a last stand) won't be remembered, cuz he didn't die for his homeland.
Ha_Luke
Sig Award Winner
posted 11-01-10 07:29 PM EDT (US)     5 / 16       
so, another way to nerf them is: Give ashis no melee multiplier against >>Light Inf<<
Oh boy.

Light Infantry is Pseudo cav --> it looks like infantry but has the same role as cav. Look here for the unit classifications
Am I suggesting the creation of OP units with these suggs?
Yes. Ruyters are fine, same as skirms. Boosting them would make them OP.

Grens could use a boost btw.
@Ha_Luke: One of your balance suggs is nerfing Bart331?
Yes. He's too good atm, he needs to be nerfed so that I can win from him.

[TΣ]_Ha_Luke_331

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
-Voltaire
Bart331
Skirmisher
posted 11-01-10 07:44 PM EDT (US)     6 / 16       
boosting ha_luke seems more fair to me,

imo he needs it

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

Battle.net:Bart (227)
ESO:Bart331
musketeer925
Skirmisher
posted 11-01-10 08:43 PM EDT (US)     7 / 16       
(Robot, read this!!)
Ya, right.

First, I'd post on Robot's forum or on AgeCommunity if you want them to see it, but it doesn't matter anyway:

Robot is done with this game. They've moved on.

Whenever a company makes the No-Disk patch, you know they are done with the game. That's when they say, "Screw it, pirate it all you want. We know we're not making anymore money off of this."

I've seen both on this game and Civilization IV; the No-Disk patch always comes out just a little while (like a month) before they announce their next new game.

The future of balance and changes to this game is in the hands of the modders. Speaking of which, Pretor54, if you would like a much more balanced game, and you don't have it already, download the Fanpatch!

Happy Gaming! [I thought a salutary comment was necessary.]

EDIT:
Maybe also add a little (0.15/0.30) speed to skirms would make a unit meant to hit&run very (too much, maybe) useful for hit&run. They'd be like guerrilleros, the name that the spanish version of Age 3 gives to them
Meh. .15 is a lot of boost -- they already have longer range. I'd probably go with .05 at the most.

[This message has been edited by musketeer925 (edited 11-01-2010 @ 08:47 PM).]

ovechkin_8
Skirmisher
posted 11-01-10 09:36 PM EDT (US)     8 / 16       
nerf everything. that way, nothing has changed....yayyyy
Pretor54
Skirmisher
posted 11-01-10 10:22 PM EDT (US)     9 / 16       
@Musketeer925: Seems like this is a ritual when a newbie comes in a community. It was your turn to make that newbie *cough* me *cough* understand the real situation.
As you said, it's pointless to post this on Robot forums or official <<something>>.
And... are you sure that 0.15 speed bonus is (subliminal message after this) sooo good?
We could settle this so:
"In a fanpatch, the only OP civ is the one that pros play, all the ones that noobs play are doomed to be UP"
@Ha_Luke: We two need a (in my case: serious) boosting, or we can nerf anyone else. The boost seems like more possible-to-succeed.

Ha_Luke
Sig Award Winner
posted 11-02-10 05:17 AM EDT (US)     10 / 16       
Meh. .15 is a lot of boost -- they already have longer range. I'd probably go with .05 at the most.
You want to give skirms + 0.05 speed?

[TΣ]_Ha_Luke_331

-Voltaire
CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 11-02-10 04:43 PM EDT (US)     11 / 16       
i guarantee you that if someone changed skirm speed by .05 you would not notice any difference lol

QUACK
No_nickname
Skirmisher
posted 11-02-10 05:52 PM EDT (US)     12 / 16       
A goon/musk has 16, but, anyway.
No...they have 12, just like Ruyters and Eagle Knights.

And no way Robot will read this lol.

Check out my YouTube channel for AoEO videos!
ESO2: No_nickname | AoEO: NoNick331
"anything less than 40 hours is nub men, me i go for like 76 hours the best as i can get to imp in 14 mins then go on holiday for 2 days then come back and make some mil or w/e" - bloodoats
DukeLeto
Skirmisher
posted 11-02-10 08:24 PM EDT (US)     13 / 16       
Maybe instead of adding .05 to the skirmisher speed he meant adding 5% speed.
Pretor54
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-10 00:01 AM EDT (US)     14 / 16       
Skirm base speed: 4
If add .05=4.05 speed
If add 5%=4.2 speed
If add 10% (mil drums)=4.4 speed
If add 20% (Tilly's)=4.8 speed
That means:
With 5% extra (instead of .05):
German skirm= 5.4 speed (WTF!)(Add the strength of Prussian Needlers)
Un-German-still-Euro=4.6 speed

With .05 speed extra (instead of 5%):
German skirm= 5.25 speed
Un-German-still-Euro= 4.45 speed

And if you play as Germans against brits, with all the speed upgrades (not counting cards, if any) needlers, and redcoats with Thin Red (Inf +20% HP - 25% speed)= Needler, 5.4/5.25 speed, redcoat 3.6/3.45= pwnage.
Spain's Corselet (HI +25% HP -15%speed) means rod 5.7, musk 3.8, halb 3.8, pike 4.75 (original speed: rod, 6, musk, 4, halb, 4, pike, 5)

My brain hurts.

[This message has been edited by Pretor54 (edited 11-06-2010 @ 00:42 AM).]

Ha_Luke
Sig Award Winner
posted 11-06-10 05:24 AM EDT (US)     15 / 16       
My brain hurts.
No need for that. Skirm speed is good the way it is, there's absolutely no way that they need a speed boost.

And a 0.05 speed increase is ridiculous and is almost impossible to notice.

[TΣ]_Ha_Luke_331

-Voltaire
tE_1x1
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-10 12:31 PM EDT (US)     16 / 16       
hahaha my skirms can now outrun your halbs!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames