Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » A Few Questions
Bottom
Topic Subject:A Few Questions
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5  Next Page »
GodofSquishy
Skirmisher
posted 08-07-11 07:59 PM EDT (US)         
Please Answer These

Which civ is best for 1v1 in Nilla ( except Russia/Ottomans)
How much time does it take to age from discovery-colonial as europeans
^^ The same with colonial - fortress without using fast age politician.

Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Belts off, trowsers down
Ain't life a scream!
AuthorReplies:
ztejas
Skirmisher
posted 08-17-11 12:51 PM EDT (US)     101 / 114       
I've won 7 straight competitive Russia 1v1s.

I actually have a life okay? I'm not going to spend all my time playing 1v1s and posting recs to please a few haters.

I told you I would post recs of any 1v1 I play and I will...

You didn't think I could beat a 1st lute, I beat a 21.91 pr player in one game playing like s***...

You didn't think I would post a rec I did...

You didn't think my arguments made any sense yet I won every one...

You think pr matters and it doesn't because I can bring the heat to any pr player below 25 AND my arguments have sound logic and are fluent in understanding...

Let me post or stop hating okay? It's a community site, you can't shoot down arguments with your only backing evidence being my elo and pr...

As for Spain/Russia please find me saying any variation of "I would smash any Spain ff with Russia" and quote it...

GodofSquishy: Did somebody say LANCERS?! O.o
GodofSquishy: Opris suck at veteren level for siege
GodofSquishy
Skirmisher
posted 08-17-11 12:58 PM EDT (US)     102 / 114       
Well Zjetas lets have a a series of 1v1 games Spain v Russia and lets see who wins

Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Belts off, trowsers down
Ain't life a scream!
tE_1x1
Skirmisher
posted 08-17-11 01:42 PM EDT (US)     103 / 114       
You didn't think I could beat a 1st lute, I beat a 21.91 pr player in one game playing like s***...
I don't know how this actually support your argument;all it means is that 1st lieutenants play like shit lol

You think pr matters and it doesn't because I can bring the heat to any pr player below 25 AND my arguments have sound logic and are fluent in understanding...

Let me post or stop hating okay? It's a community site, you can't shoot down arguments with your only backing evidence being my elo and pr...
It should be a pretty obvious fact that EVERYONE always thinks their argument has sound logic, so what you said was quite meaningless. Also, most people at HG respect all newcomers and judge them by the content of their posts, not their PR.

But what actually happened was you made some assertions are NOT supported by the majority of the expert community, your arguments were not very persuasive, and then --> lol let's try to find this guy's PR maybe that will explain those ridiculous posts
socrstar
Skirmisher
posted 08-17-11 05:01 PM EDT (US)     104 / 114       
Your second most recent 1v1 vs Anom was a loss. You do not have a 5 game win streak. The fact that most of your statements are to sidestep your so called "sub par play" are lies makes it difficult to believe you when you say things about your skill.

Also:
No argument of yours has soundly convinced anyone on this forum otherwise.

Bart saying "ur good, i stop noa, gl hf" is not him giving up the argument. He is just tired of your arrogance and persistence on a viewpoint that is clearly disputed by the majority of competitive players on the forum.

In addition to 1x1 saying how we look at your elo because of the frequency of which you argue with the rest of us, your PR might not matter, but if you want respect, you'd recognize higher pr = people believe your arguments.

ESO: socrstar
Comprehensive Turtling Guide
Semi NVR for 'Nilla
Rise of Amsterdam v2: A guide to the Dutch
"Wanna see my victory dance?" "Sure." "Hold on I need to get naked first." "Whoaa"
Khalidbinwalid
Skirmisher
posted 08-17-11 06:24 PM EDT (US)     105 / 114       
Your second most recent 1v1 vs Anom was a loss.
Yay, you guys finnally found me.
Guys guys please calm down a minute, okay.
Although it was very entertaining to read all those posts, this is kinda getting out of hand.

"When I am in the battlefield, I love it more then when I am in my house"-Khalid Bin Walid
Questions, Questions, you always ask questions-Teacher
Why sir, questions are the basis of human intelligence-me
GodofSquishy
Skirmisher
posted 08-17-11 06:54 PM EDT (US)     106 / 114       
+1 Internet Cookie to Khalid"Anom"binwalid

Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Belts off, trowsers down
Ain't life a scream!
Khalidbinwalid
Skirmisher
posted 08-17-11 07:15 PM EDT (US)     107 / 114       
Khalid"Anom"binwalid
Lol that has a nice ring to it lol.

"When I am in the battlefield, I love it more then when I am in my house"-Khalid Bin Walid
Questions, Questions, you always ask questions-Teacher
Why sir, questions are the basis of human intelligence-me
DUolCKrad
Veteran Musketeer (Content Contributor)
posted 08-17-11 08:12 PM EDT (US)     108 / 114       
As for Spain/Russia please find me saying any variation of "I would smash any Spain ff with Russia" and quote it...
---

Not quite, but I've been looking at your posts since the beginning of the topic. Let's look at the first one:
Aside from Russia and Ottos I guess French are the [best] all around.
which means that you consider Russians and Ottomans to be the best and French to be the best after them. Spanish aren't even mentioned. Later on, I say that Spanish are the best, to which you respond:
I don't like Spanish but everyone says they are good.
This isn't exactly an objectionable post: I don't like Iro on TAD but they are a top civ. But then you say:
Yeah I don't see Spain fortress being viable against Russians or Ottos. Russians can have 33 Strelets at 6 minutes... Have fun getting to fortress with that in your base. French are a good counter civ as well since they aren't at any disadvantage to Spain.
Now you're arguing that Russians and Ottomans can actually defeat a Spanish FF and that French can do well too. None of these are true, but those are your views at the time of the post. Then you say:
If you dont pressure russians they can either:

Double blockhouse spam strelets, in which case you better get to fortress really fast

Or

Get to fortress themselves with better map control and more sexy unit spammage
Further arguing that Spanish FF cannot defeat Russians. It still isn't true. Let's look at further posts of yours:
Nilla is for people who like ES and appreciate civ balance.
Not really relevant and also incorrect, but it gives some context to the next post:
Vanilla without ottos and Spanish is about as balanced as you can get...
Also wrong, but this is also a very odd post considering that you didn't even mention Spanish when listing top civs before.
Russians are a major problem for Spain ff. 5 cossacks plus musks and strelets can push Spain to defeat if you know what you are doing. Russia will have market techs before Spain and more villagers and map control and more units. Even with lancers, rods, pikes, falcs wev, Russia is still more powerful. Spain against Russia you have to hold back until you have a good amount of skirms or musks, and if the Russian rushes you you would need to play defensive and get your eco going. Spain ff is still OP, but Russia is a good civ to play to counter it.

5 lancers + 7 rods + 4 hussars + war dogs + next ff shipment < 20 musks 40 strelets and 5-9 cossacks
Now you consider Spanish and their FF to be OP, but still think that Russians can stop it. In fact, you consider it to be a "major problem", which implies that you think that even current top players will have difficulty against Russians and will occasionally lose to them.
Agreed with Lunatic. Spain can use their shipments to counter whatever they need to, although very fast rushes can help to deter it (or outbooming)
Suddenly now Spanish are fine against everything and are merely deterred by rushes instead of being countered by them. Very different from your previous post.
What argument? That Russia is one of the better civs to play as against a Spain ff? Not sure that argument is wrong, if it is please explain.
Now you aren't considering Russians to be the counter to Spanish, but merely one of the better civs to use against them. Again, this is inconsistent with your previous posts.
I like Russia against Spain because they can pressure early. Obviously of you are fighting a qualified opponent then they can break the rush.
Now Spanish aren't countered by Russians anymore and good Spanish players can defeat them. Instead of Russians being a counter or even one of the better civs versus Spanish, you simply "like" them.
In seriousness, yes a legit Spain player shouldn't have too much trouble with Russians.
And now you are saying that good Spanish players won't have trouble with Russians.

Consider your earliest posts, where you are arguing that Spanish FF cannot defeat Russians, then look at your middle posts, where Russians are a major problem for the Spanish FF, and finally at the last few posts that I've quoted, where good Spanish players are able to defeat Russians without too much trouble. You seem to have retreated from your initial point slightly in every post until now you are arguing that good Russian players can defeat bad Spanish players. That is true, but it is a completely different point from your other posts. It's also a fairly trivial statement. "Good" players often do defeat "bad" players in spite of imbalance, and nobody here is debating that.

This wouldn't be much of a problem, but you have yet to say "Yes, you're right, Spanish are the best and can easily defeat Russians. My previous viewpoint was incorrect". Instead, you're saying this:
It is easy to win an argument when your point changes just enough in every post until you're making trivial statements and acting as if those were the original ones.
pramit
Skirmisher
posted 08-18-11 08:20 AM EDT (US)     109 / 114       
lol, +1 to the above post

I no longer play aoe3 actively. In fact, I no longer play any video game. That's how lame I've become.
skype - pramit57
"Life is a void and void is truth"
Droideka_11
Skirmisher
posted 08-18-11 12:19 PM EDT (US)     110 / 114       
Need some ice for that burn ztejas?

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret
ztejas
Skirmisher
posted 08-18-11 12:52 PM EDT (US)     111 / 114       
Anom didn't beat me, I tried a new strat on him because I didn't know if he was any good or not.
It is easy to win an argument when your point changes just enough in every post until you're making trivial statements and acting as if those were the original ones.
Now your catching on... Do you realize this is a game for me? I could just as easily go on the other side and start proving points for Spain, but it's more fun on Russia's side because I have better competition. I'm on the debate team, this is just practice dude.
Well Zjetas lets have a a series of 1v1 games Spain v Russia and lets see who wins
Haha okay, how about I play Spain you play Spain and we'll see who wins?

As for the above post I could care less, your wasting your time proving points in a dead thread.

I posted my rec, if you like it cool, if you don't like it shut up.

Lock pleaese?

[This message has been edited by ztejas (edited 08-18-2011 @ 01:28 PM).]

DUolCKrad
Veteran Musketeer (Content Contributor)
posted 08-18-11 03:33 PM EDT (US)     112 / 114       
Now your catching on... Do you realize this is a game for me? I could just as easily go on the other side and start proving points for Spain, but it's more fun on Russia's side because I have better competition. I'm on the debate team, this is just practice dude.
As much as I doubt this, you don't seem to be debating very well. You're supposed to be arguing one stance, not seven different contradictory ones.
Haha okay, how about I play Spain you play Spain and we'll see who wins?
This sounds fun, let's do this sometime.
As for the above post I could care less, your wasting your time proving points in a dead thread.

I posted my rec, if you like it cool, if you don't like it shut up.

Lock pleaese?
I am not sure that we play the same games. Games are fun, but this part of your post makes it seem like you are not having much fun. Instead you seem to be angry and want the thread to be closed. But wouldn't that end this game of yours?
ztejas
Skirmisher
posted 08-18-11 03:45 PM EDT (US)     113 / 114       
Games are fun, but this part of your post makes it seem like you are not having much fun.
Yeah they are, that's why I play team games and I don't worry about my pr, you guys should do the same instead of coming at people by posting elo pages and PRs.

I'm done, did you not hear that the first time? Stop posting, admin lock this thread please.

skulldragger
Skirmisher
posted 08-18-11 05:02 PM EDT (US)     114 / 114       
Quoted from ztejas:
---

Not quite, but I've been looking at your posts since the beginning of the topic. Let's look at the first one:
Quoted from ztejas:
Aside from Russia and Ottos I guess French are the [best] all around.
which means that you consider Russians and Ottomans to be the best and French to be the best after them. Spanish aren't even mentioned. Later on, I say that Spanish are the best, to which you respond:
Quoted from ztejas:
I don't like Spanish but everyone says they are good.
This isn't exactly an objectionable post: I don't like Iro on TAD but they are a top civ. But then you say:
Quoted from ztejas:
Yeah I don't see Spain fortress being viable against Russians or Ottos. Russians can have 33 Strelets at 6 minutes... Have fun getting to fortress with that in your base. French are a good counter civ as well since they aren't at any disadvantage to Spain.
Now you're arguing that Russians and Ottomans can actually defeat a Spanish FF and that French can do well too. None of these are true, but those are your views at the time of the post. Then you say:
Quoted from ztejas:
If you dont pressure russians they can either:

Double blockhouse spam strelets, in which case you better get to fortress really fast

Or

Get to fortress themselves with better map control and more sexy unit spammage
Further arguing that Spanish FF cannot defeat Russians. It still isn't true. Let's look at further posts of yours:
Quoted from ztejas:
Nilla is for people who like ES and appreciate civ balance.
Not really relevant and also incorrect, but it gives some context to the next post:
Quoted from ztejas:
Vanilla without ottos and Spanish is about as balanced as you can get...
Also wrong, but this is also a very odd post considering that you didn't even mention Spanish when listing top civs before.
Quoted from ztejas:
Russians are a major problem for Spain ff. 5 cossacks plus musks and strelets can push Spain to defeat if you know what you are doing. Russia will have market techs before Spain and more villagers and map control and more units. Even with lancers, rods, pikes, falcs wev, Russia is still more powerful. Spain against Russia you have to hold back until you have a good amount of skirms or musks, and if the Russian rushes you you would need to play defensive and get your eco going. Spain ff is still OP, but Russia is a good civ to play to counter it.

5 lancers + 7 rods + 4 hussars + war dogs + next ff shipment < 20 musks 40 strelets and 5-9 cossacks
Now you consider Spanish and their FF to be OP, but still think that Russians can stop it. In fact, you consider it to be a "major problem", which implies that you think that even current top players will have difficulty against Russians and will occasionally lose to them.
Quoted from ztejas:
Agreed with Lunatic. Spain can use their shipments to counter whatever they need to, although very fast rushes can help to deter it (or outbooming)
Suddenly now Spanish are fine against everything and are merely deterred by rushes instead of being countered by them. Very different from your previous post.
Quoted from ztejas:
What argument? That Russia is one of the better civs to play as against a Spain ff? Not sure that argument is wrong, if it is please explain.
Now you aren't considering Russians to be the counter to Spanish, but merely one of the better civs to use against them. Again, this is inconsistent with your previous posts.
Quoted from ztejas:
I like Russia against Spain because they can pressure early. Obviously of you are fighting a qualified opponent then they can break the rush.
Now Spanish aren't countered by Russians anymore and good Spanish players can defeat them. Instead of Russians being a counter or even one of the better civs versus Spanish, you simply "like" them.
Quoted from ztejas:
In seriousness, yes a legit Spain player shouldn't have too much trouble with Russians.
And now you are saying that good Spanish players won't have trouble with Russians.

Consider your earliest posts, where you are arguing that Spanish FF cannot defeat Russians, then look at your middle posts, where Russians are a major problem for the Spanish FF, and finally at the last few posts that I've quoted, where good Spanish players are able to defeat Russians without too much trouble. You seem to have retreated from your initial point slightly in every post until now you are arguing that good Russian players can defeat bad Spanish players. That is true, but it is a completely different point from your other posts. It's also a fairly trivial statement. "Good" players often do defeat "bad" players in spite of imbalance, and nobody here is debating that.

This wouldn't be much of a problem, but you have yet to say "Yes, you're right, Spanish are the best and can easily defeat Russians. My previous viewpoint was incorrect". Instead, you're saying this:
Quoted from ztejas:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TL;DR

No, but really, don't you have something better to do?

[This message has been edited by skulldragger (edited 08-18-2011 @ 05:06 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames