Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.28 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Germans In vanilla
Bottom
Topic Subject:Germans In vanilla
ruskovblack
Skirmisher
posted 08-09-11 01:04 AM EDT (US)         
When i first started playing online (just normal aoe3) I watch a _gg_magic_ vs starsky recording and copied his exact strategy for a few games and went straight up to 2nd Lt (It was a german mercinary FF), however i noticed when he was using the germans the uhlans were stronger and the merc and other military were much more powerful.

Not real sure where im going with this, but are they now one of the weaker civs on vanilla? and does the German FF still work on vanilla? are they worth playing?
AuthorReplies:
ztejas
Skirmisher
posted 08-09-11 01:17 AM EDT (US)     1 / 28       
They are generally thought of as the worst sup civ in nilla. People still play them, but not to much success.

GodofSquishy: Did somebody say LANCERS?! O.o
GodofSquishy: Opris suck at veteren level for siege
pramit
Skirmisher
posted 08-09-11 02:38 AM EDT (US)     2 / 28       
They are generally thought of as the worst sup civ in nilla. People still play them, but not to much success.
if your being sarcastic, please don't.
german is a sold civ, and ff still works to some extent(though i don't have much experience with ff, i usually semi)

I no longer play aoe3 actively. In fact, I no longer play any video game. That's how lame I've become.
skype - pramit57
"Life is a void and void is truth"
Ha_Luke
Sig Award Winner
posted 08-09-11 04:39 AM EDT (US)     3 / 28       
Lol. You have no idea what you are talking about. Germany is a good civ, although not as strong as Otto/Spain.

"There must be some way out of here," said the joker to the thief
[TΣ]_Ha_Luke_331

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
-Voltaire
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers. " - Plato
Enzoo
Skirmisher
posted 08-09-11 07:40 AM EDT (US)     4 / 28       
again @ zetjas
stop talking bs alltime. u have no idea what u talking about (its not first time here when i read sth like this).
GodofSquishy
Skirmisher
posted 08-09-11 07:44 AM EDT (US)     5 / 28       
Germans are prefectly competable in 1v1 and a fairly decent civ.

Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Belts off, trowsers down
Ain't life a scream!
ztejas
Skirmisher
posted 08-09-11 09:17 AM EDT (US)     6 / 28       
I didn't say they were bad, but which civ would you say is overall weaker? Brits? Ports?

Every civ is good played to the best of their abilities, that's why questions like this get annoying.

socrstar
Skirmisher
posted 08-12-11 04:22 PM EDT (US)     7 / 28       
Germans can be played just fine. Brits and Ports I would consider more UP. Not to mention that an aggressive German does pretty well against Russia with free cav. My only roadblock with Germany is that the 17 pop age is slow

ESO: socrstar
Comprehensive Turtling Guide
Semi NVR for 'Nilla
Rise of Amsterdam v2: A guide to the Dutch
"Wanna see my victory dance?" "Sure." "Hold on I need to get naked first." "Whoaa"
RomanLegion
Skirmisher
posted 08-12-11 05:00 PM EDT (US)     8 / 28       
The only thing with the germans is their colonial age millitary...they don't have any ranged infantry other than crossbowmen (not starting this one again) and dopples are WAY to gold heavy to be able to make a decent number of these in colonial.

Basicly if you rush them with a musket-type unit, they're dead.

------------------------------------------------------------
I know what I'm saying here, I use to play as them, but their fortress is a sight to see.
------------------------------------------------------------

Strength in Disipline...
...Disipline in Strength.
CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 08-12-11 05:01 PM EDT (US)     9 / 28       
Germany is fine on nilla
Ff is still possible as well as semiff and colonial play

QUACK
ztejas
Skirmisher
posted 08-12-11 05:36 PM EDT (US)     10 / 28       
I find a 3:30 14 cdb great coat blunderbuss rush, with an optimal explorer companion (coyote, native scout, tomahawk) works wonders against a German ff. Villagers can be killed in around 5 volleys, and the cdb's 4 siege attack really comes into play.

Plus scouts are a bit OP with their 5 hand attack, so there's always that to fall back on.

RomanLegion
Skirmisher
posted 08-12-11 10:54 PM EDT (US)     11 / 28       
I seriously hope you're not serious...

Strength in Disipline...
...Disipline in Strength.
CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 08-13-11 02:43 AM EDT (US)     12 / 28       
Tomahawks OP!

QUACK
GodofSquishy
Skirmisher
posted 08-13-11 04:31 AM EDT (US)     13 / 28       
I agree
Could you give me a BO!

Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Belts off, trowsers down
Ain't life a scream!
Huggels
Skirmisher
posted 08-13-11 08:58 AM EDT (US)     14 / 28       
they are worth playing. maybe what you saw was the difference in micro? sometimes some people can make a unit look OP. someone else takes the same unit and makes it look like the worst unit in the game. im gonna pull the leg of whoeer mentioned the xbows and say like an xbow. you can make it look Op when you own those muskets he was talking about, or you can make them look like a bad colonial unit. i remember before i got some help on cav form some of these guys, i could take 5 unhans, and lose to 8 skrims. now, ive had battles where i would as cocky and stupid as i am go with 20 unhans straight into 40 musks, and walking away from the battle with 10 ulhans and 40 dead musks. theres no reason why i should win a battle like that(lots of reasons why i should lose) its just im good with ulhans, and my opponent was bad with musks.
Germans are still good, maybe you should just get to know the ulhans and the mercs you were talking about. know their full potencial. sometimes knowing your unit does more than having the right unit for the job( of course having the right unit is really important aswell, but not relevant to the point im trying to make)

P.S: sorry for all the spell errors but what can i say.

[This message has been edited by Huggels (edited 08-13-2011 @ 09:01 AM).]

Droideka_11
Skirmisher
posted 08-13-11 08:39 PM EDT (US)     15 / 28       
ive had battles where i would as cocky and stupid as i am go with 20 unhans straight into 40 musks, and walking away from the battle with 10 ulhans and 40 dead musks.
This is probably just a slight exaggeration right?

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret
Huggels
Skirmisher
posted 08-15-11 02:36 PM EDT (US)     16 / 28       
well it was russian musks, we both were caught off guard, me accidentally running into them, i reacted a second or two earlier, couldve probably avoided the clash but i was too slow. they were walking towards my ally and i was running around randomly. i was like oh crap oh crap ally help me! but then i decided that i was gonna die fighting, and then before my ally got to me the battle was over and i owned it. so sadly no this is not an exaggeration
Droideka_11
Skirmisher
posted 08-15-11 03:16 PM EDT (US)     17 / 28       
Well I guess it could be possible if its Russian musks. Would have probably fared better for him if he'd set them to melee mode.

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret
Ha_Luke
Sig Award Winner
posted 08-15-11 03:23 PM EDT (US)     18 / 28       
now, ive had battles where i would as cocky and stupid as i am go with 20 unhans straight into 40 musks, and walking away from the battle with 10 ulhans and 40 dead musks. theres no reason why i should win a battle like that(lots of reasons why i should lose) its just im good with ulhans, and my opponent was bad with musks.
Of course.

I've walked my envoy into 5 mams and walked away with half the hp left and 5 dead mams.

"There must be some way out of here," said the joker to the thief
[TΣ]_Ha_Luke_331

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
-Voltaire
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers. " - Plato
Bart331
Skirmisher
posted 08-15-11 06:23 PM EDT (US)     19 / 28       
I had this one time when i was up against 20 imperial spahi and i only had 10 villagers, i walked away with 9 vills. I think i am just rly good with vills

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

Battle.net:Bart (227)
ESO:Bart331
CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 08-16-11 01:49 AM EDT (US)     20 / 28       
I had this one time where I executed Bart with a horde of Indian villies

QUACK
pramit
Skirmisher
posted 08-16-11 03:45 AM EDT (US)     21 / 28       
nice. i once pressed a button which killed 20 jans instantly

I no longer play aoe3 actively. In fact, I no longer play any video game. That's how lame I've become.
skype - pramit57
"Life is a void and void is truth"
Huggels
Skirmisher
posted 08-16-11 12:29 PM EDT (US)     22 / 28       
crazylunatic do you have a rec?
i probably have to say i am low elo and low elo guys suck crazy, like me, but in some cases way worse. and ulhan have awesome enouth attack to do something like this to russian musks.
FancyDante
Skirmisher
(id: If_Was_A_Ville)
posted 08-16-11 01:10 PM EDT (US)     23 / 28       
I once ran a mortar into 50 Enemy musket. That Range Resist is so OP I still had 15 Health left. Port Mortars are so OP.

CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 08-17-11 11:55 PM EDT (US)     24 / 28       
I think I have a picture will try and find it later

QUACK
Bart331
Skirmisher
posted 08-18-11 03:37 AM EDT (US)     25 / 28       
still remember that, was that were u also had the tigers?

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

Battle.net:Bart (227)
ESO:Bart331
GodofSquishy
Skirmisher
posted 08-18-11 04:45 AM EDT (US)     26 / 28       
Ulhans are a bit too pricey for my liking
Also in Nilla ( lets not have an argument )
Ulhans get a 0.8 bonus v vills which suck
also I think a hussars base stats is 320 HP and 30 AP
The ulhan has 37AP and 190HP but is only 50coin cheaper.
I'm actully starting to loose faith in them

Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Belts off, trowsers down
Ain't life a scream!
Jerom
Skirmisher
posted 08-18-11 06:16 AM EDT (US)     27 / 28       
Just today I won a battle against a superior army while killing 45 units without losing a single unit. Everything's possible !
bloodoats
Skirmisher
posted 08-18-11 07:41 AM EDT (US)     28 / 28       
i once had a battle where i had 20 abus guns 15 jans and 13 huss i ran my abus straight into the guys uhlans then followed in with my huss just in time for his dopps to arrive i started to fire on his dopps with jans but was broadsided by his skirms- i lost all my abus huss and jans with no kills- that showed him who's boss right?

microats

otto lamer with no skill
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames