You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » French Cuirassers in Treaty
Bottom
Topic Subject:French Cuirassers in Treaty
RomanLegion
Skirmisher
posted 08-14-11 01:27 AM EDT (US)         
So I've been trying a couple of treaty games in vanilla, but I always lose to a French cuirasser spamers. I play Dutch and ruyters don't seem to work well enough. It never really helps when they have intant cuirassers as well.

I'm wondering if anybody has beat a French cuirassers spam as the Dutch, or if this is a "You're screwed Roman, you need to play as Portugese or Germans for royal guard dragoons or war wagons.

This situation is extremely irritating to me.

Strength in Disipline...
...Disipline in Strength.
AuthorReplies:
StormComing
Skirmisher
posted 08-14-11 01:55 AM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
Mmm Countering with goons/goon type units will always end up in the frenchie running out of resources by spamming gends.

Pure gends isnt the problem, its when he combos units to spam gends, and make musk/skirm to kill your anti cav.

So ye counter gends = just make goons. Maybe hit and run a bit. win win. ruyters and cav archers arent best goon type units. better to use them in combination with walls to beat gends imo

ESO: StormComing/SoulSong
Activity: Retired (GG peace out)
http://www.youtube.com/user/StorminAOE3
ruskovblack
Skirmisher
posted 08-14-11 01:56 AM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
Ruyters arnt very good against cur spam for some reason :s
You could try spamming halbs. Dutch get royal guard ones right?
GodofSquishy
Skirmisher
posted 08-14-11 05:23 AM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
Halbs are meh dude.
Ruyters i think do more damage and can move faster making their ability to go where needed is much better rather than have some bimbling halbs slowly walk their way over there the cuirs are. Still Dutch get royal ruyters too ( I think personally dutch should have royal skirmishers )

Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Belts off, trowsers down
Ain't life a scream!
Marpolo
Skirmisher
posted 08-14-11 10:28 AM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
Pure Gendarmes can be beaten cost effectively with ruyters with halb meatshield. But as soon as the French player adds skirmishers, gg.
GodofSquishy
Skirmisher
posted 08-14-11 10:40 AM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
If you're loosing to French because of skirm/cuir look at your unit combo and micro

Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Belts off, trowsers down
Ain't life a scream!
Dhairyya
Skirmisher
posted 08-14-11 11:04 AM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
When i play dutch and some french noob(you wouldn't believe how many there are) starts spamming cuirassers i always make a halb/ruyter combo(using the halbs as a meatshield) and keep pushing for the frenchie's Eco.Most times the french guy will either keep pushing at you or run to protect his own Eco,either way you will have the advantage of population and you can easily own him.[French cuirasser=3 pop,so only 40 cuirasser can be made(80 vills). Dutch ruyter/halb=1 pop,so 150 can be made(50 vills).
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 08-14-11 11:10 AM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
Mass FU imperial dopples make Schnitzel out of enemy cuirs. Plus their siege isn't half bad. Of course, they die to Voltigeurs but then you also have your own Imperial needle gunners.

Don't knock the Germans

also, war wagons are overrated.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.

[This message has been edited by As_Saffah (edited 08-14-2011 @ 11:12 AM).]

GodofSquishy
Skirmisher
posted 08-14-11 11:15 AM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
Dhairyya
Dont you overpop as dutch
max vills before aging to industrial and age with viceroy to get 5 ruyter and 4 vills?

Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Belts off, trowsers down
Ain't life a scream!
socrstar
Skirmisher
posted 08-14-11 12:40 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
Maybe (?) Halb/Ruyter would work..? Not really sure because I've never tried it in treaty.

Otherwise, Doppels are a safe counter.

ESO: socrstar
Comprehensive Turtling Guide
Semi NVR for 'Nilla
Rise of Amsterdam v2: A guide to the Dutch
"Wanna see my victory dance?" "Sure." "Hold on I need to get naked first." "Whoaa"
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames