You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Indian counter to Samurai
Bottom
Topic Subject:Indian counter to Samurai
makriath
Skirmisher
posted 01-22-13 00:41 AM EDT (US)         
Hello all.

Been playing a lot as India, and really liking it.

Having some trouble against the Japanese, though, particularly against Samurai. If its just samurai on their own, I can hold my own microing with gurkhas, but when they're mixed in an army, they tend to rip through everything pretty effectively, even my elephants.

Any tips?
AuthorReplies:
Shivaji
Skirmisher
(id: Rushikesh)
posted 01-22-13 12:41 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Keep as many Urumi cards in your deck as you can...the own samurai and ashigaru, provided Naginatas are handled with hawdahs or zams.
Dont do a sepoy rush...it seldom works against japs. Handle his army till fortress with gurkhas and rajputs.

Don't sweat petty things.
Don't pet sweaty things.
makriath
Skirmisher
posted 01-22-13 11:56 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I learned a while back not to sepoy rush japan. To be honest, I don't like sepoy rushing in general.

While we're here, I've also been having trouble with the sioux. I can defend against the raids ok (I set up my base so that my agra and TC are on either sides of where the resources are, so I can defend my settlers), but then I get overwhelmed by rifle riders later on. I've tried sepoys and howdahs, but the howdahs just get outnumbered, and the sepoys get mowed down far more easily than I thought.
Shivaji
Skirmisher
posted 01-23-13 10:28 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
hmmm...havent played with or against sioux lately.
But they are quite tricky with those rifle riders...they counter everything for gods sake!!
And when you think you have found counter for their cavalry, they bring in thoses archers, and all hell breaks lose.

Don't pet sweaty things.
Ha_Luke
Sig Award Winner
posted 01-24-13 05:55 AM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
First of all, learn the countersystem. Samurai are HI and counter cav, so they kill all the elephants in melee.

Of course Urumi do a good job but if you don't have access to them on a particular moment use gurkhas with sepoy as a meatshield.
While we're here, I've also been having trouble with the sioux.
Although you don't like it, rush the hell out of them.
rifle riders later on. I've tried sepoys and howdahs, but the howdahs just get outnumbered, and the sepoys get mowed down far more easily than I thought.
RR are weird, they are both HC and RC, they counter HI, HC and artillery. Do not use HI (=Sepoy) against them, RR are meant to counter them.

Ghurkas have bonus vs them. Howdahs should counter them, but if I were you I would try out zams. They have a very high multiplier vs HC so they should kill them nicely.

"There must be some way out of here," said the joker to the thief
[TΣ]_Ha_Luke_331

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
-Voltaire
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers. " - Plato
kaptain_kompost
Skirmisher
posted 01-25-13 12:12 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
Yeah, you need LI to counter Rifle Riders. But of course you run the risk of just a few HC decimating your army, so a combo of ranged cavalry mixed in to protect them would be perfect. Btw, Urumi are NOT heavy infantry, so they should be immune to the Rifle Riders' bonus attack.

[This message has been edited by kaptain_kompost (edited 01-25-2013 @ 08:28 PM).]

Shivaji
Skirmisher
posted 01-26-13 12:54 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Btw Urumi are not HI
but they arent any good against any type of cavalry.

Don't pet sweaty things.
kaptain_kompost
Skirmisher
posted 01-28-13 06:51 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
Urumi do get a SLIGHT damage bonus against cavalry, but yeah, since rifle riders have resist against melee attacks, it essentially evens out.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames